• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Paisley ties always remind me of Gary Larson's illustrations of protozoa:

@stitches how did you recognize the liverano? because of the missing front darts? keen eye

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
"lowlights non-existent."

plain.gif

Er....yeah...I picked out the ones that struck me especially, i.e. the highlights, but basically every post was good the last couple of days i.e. no "lowlights" at all. No rage necessary, brosephson!

On which point: T, you got your wardrobe back I see! Fierce. :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@stitches how did you recognize the liverano? because of the missing front darts? keen eye

cuz spoo told me about it when he got it and i wanted it badly, but it went to RD because he had teh coinage. :)

also, gary larson is the man.

Er....yeah...I picked out the ones that struck me especially, i.e. the highlights, but basically every post was good the last couple of days i.e. no "lowlights" at all.  No rage necessary, brosephson!

all rage has been removed. :)

Last edited:

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Liverano or not (the suit is obviously well made), this really hurts my eyes. There's just too much going on, IMO, and the tie and shirt are way too loud with the muted suit colours. Since that suit is such masterpiece, I'd have chosen to let that take centre stage and toned down the shirt and accessories...

LOL - I don't usually go all out with this suit, but I had a bit of a bet to fulfill today. I'll tone it down for you next time, Eliod.
biggrin.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
had these hemmed since last time. more of an MC casual fit, but since i last wore them with a SC and posted here, and got a lot of solid feedback about the hems, i thought id update ya'll.

i think most would say they are still too long, but i think i like them this way. not sure. also might just need to hike them up a little. or it might be the way i am leaning toward my right. whatevz. certainly better than the weaksauce cuff roll from last time i would think.

Green shirts are a pain; I should know, I've owned several over the years as I'm a glutton for punishment sometimes. Having said that, beige trousers are a good choice for them. I think I'd like that shirt more if the stripes were much wider, or if it was a gingham.

Re: the trousers Leaving length aside, I'm not a huge fan of cuffing summer trousers; somehow I don't like how linens, cottons, etc look when turned up. I think turn ups look nicest on "fluffy" fabrics like flannel. I appreciate that this pretty idiosyncratic, but there it is. I also think a (slightly) higher rise might flatter you more, but again, that's a personal preference and IIRC you've mentioned before that you don't like higher rises.

Very entertaining. It brings something of a neon sci-fi future into a tailored look, like how a background character in Blade Runner would dress in today's clothes, if you know what I mean. As long the aim was to generate a smile, a gentle shake of the head, a conversational ice-breaker, or merely to distract someone from focusing too much on other things, you succeeded. I like that kind of effect.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As always thanks for the thumbs yesterday. Last fit of the week for me -

Coat: Herringbone Sydney Hopsack
Shirt: Cottonwork
Tie: Henry Carter Forest Green cashmere knit
Trousers: HY light grey flannel
Shoes: Meermin Chukka

Last edited:

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of, but mine have huge bone spurs from ski boots and hockey skates. I like the young and natural look of those shoes.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like the coloured stripe in the jacket, hate the tie, don't find the PS appealing and am not sure about the shirt. Yet somehow you look good. Wtf?

Really? You think that looks good? I have to say I am surprised that this looks received any likes at all, guys, rather than some serious advice about how to avoid such a hideous mixture of clashing colours. In my view, the suit might work with a completely different shirt, something much lighter in hue, and an entirely different tie and square. But I am not even sure about that - although I'd have to see it IRL to know.

(PS: just read it was for a bet, I guess that makes it different...)

Last edited:

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? You think that looks good? I have to say I am surprised that this looks received any likes at all, guys, rather than some serious advice about how to avoid such a hideous mixture of clashing colours. In my view, the suit might work with a completely different shirt, something much lighter in hue, and an entirely different tie and square. But I am not even sure about that - although I'd have to see it IRL to know.

(PS: just read it was for a bet, I guess that makes it different...)

Thanks, FM. I'm versed on the rules...hence the bet.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Excellently chosen and fitted outfit. Well Done IMO Cousin D

Agreed but a minor nit pick - CD you should turn your PS so that he raw edges face outwards. I dunno why but I think they look better that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads