1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

1 person likes this.
  2. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

[​IMG]

I'll try not to bother you with this as much next year as I have this year. :) Thanks for al the support, publicly and behind the scenes—much appreciated.

32 people like this.
  3. Crat

Crat Senior member

Nice one C. : )

1 person likes this.
  4. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I agree with you to a point. I might take stitches advice and just use the damn photobucket app because my phone's editing doesn't help.

And re the collar gap, I hadn't noticed it at all till it was pointed out and I checked and was relieved when I saw it was okay. I would have been pretty horrified if it was actually like that. Even the better posters have issues with the images and something getting caught sometimes... it happens.

5. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Yeah well done NOBD. Both my parents were heavy smokers and both died of lung cancer - what a waste. Hope you've added many healthy years to your life by stopping.
    BTW I've been on the hunt for a shirt like one of yours for ages - it was textured French blue, bespoke I think. Finally found something in a similar colour in linen by Uniqlo! Hardly in the same quality rank but will give it a try for $20:D

2 people like this.
  6. ridethecliche

They're used, but were barely used. They're leather soled, but have a rubber insert in the outsole. Not sure about the sole, to be honest, but I'll probably have a cobbler put a thicker topy on there. There's a part of the left foot which is creasing at an inopportune point and I think a cobbler might be able to solve that issue as well.

They're zegna's and I believe they're made by santoni as part of their 'fatte a mano' line. They're really nice boots, and I'm quite pleased with them. I'll take some pictures of them later. I need to condition and polish them tomorrow.
    I'm staying in nyc for a night on the way home next month and going to the uniqlo store is high on my list. I figure I can pick up a few shirts with better collars at a more than reasonable price. What did you end up getting?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  7. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

They have linen shirts for $20. Several colours. They are casual (soft collars etc) but for $20 ...

I don't do OCBDs but they also knock them out pretty cheap too. Collars probably won't win you many fans with the SF collar roll nazis, but again, for $20 ...

They also have selvedge jeans for about $50. Again, you'll get sneered at by the denim nazis but for $50 ...

Uniqlo is a good shop for certain things. Great socks there three for $12. And my missus who is a nurse loves me to get her heat tech long sleeve tops to wear under her scrubs at the frigid hospital.

8. ridethecliche

Interesttttingggg.

Thanks for the info.

9. MisterFu

MisterFu Senior member

If you are going to post fit pics, they have to be 100% or you'll get called out. This thread exists for us to admire those who post great fits and critique those who don't. The fact is that jacket's fit looked terrible and the tie, shirt and jeans combo is questionable at best. Let it go, and get the details right next time.

Or, do what most of us do and admire and be inspired by those who post remarkably good stuff day after day (really, I don't know how some of you manage it).

1 person likes this.
  10. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i saw no diaz post. :(

link?

:slayer: thats awesome, N. very happy for you.

1 person likes this.
  11. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

A lovely early spring day in NYC. Time for some fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  12. redsato

redsato Member

you have improved, man. Remember how in the past you liked to put on a bunch of solid colors? That made your outfit look so boring. Now you have changed in this outfit, I see that at least you have an attention-grabber-----a striped shirt.

Just my two cents, maybe you could change the color of the cardigan, use a contrast color against navy blue for the cardigan, and a neutral color for your shirt.

13. acecow

acecow Senior member

It's been almost 2 years for me. Keep it up, it only gets easier.

2 people like this.
  14. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

You should post more.

1 person likes this.
  15. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Very very elegant....compliments

16. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I don't see it as justifying. I pointed out the collar gap, rtc checked it in the mirror and let me know it wasn't like that in real life. It shows active participation, and I quite enjoy the discussion. We all know photos can distort things sometimes, so I like it when someone clarifies something, or corrects me when I'm wrong.

If I understand you correctly you'd rather have it that everyone just ignores the posts and let the pictures do the talking? I love the discussions that sometimes ensue, and if we all just ignored the criticisms and other posts this would become a boring place. I guess it all depends on your point of view. I see it as active participation, you as justifying.

1 person likes this.
  17. forbritisheyes

forbritisheyes Senior member

just below my navel when worn with braces. I still have a moderate break.

1 person likes this.
  18. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Fair enough, break is a personal preference. I prefer no break with cuffed trousers, and a little break with uncuffed trousers. I like the clean straight lines.
    A medium/full break is rarely seen on SF. It's a little underrepresented, so please go ahead and post some pics! It's always nice to see differing styles of dress.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  19. forbritisheyes

forbritisheyes Senior member

I don't mean to insult you or your style - I just don't understand the no break or even sock-exposing inseams. I'm glad you wear your trou so high. I will NEVER go back to wearing them on my hips or slightly above. I don't have a smart phone or camera(...yup) but I wear mine like this but with a larger opening(I like half of the shoe or more & 1-1.5 cm longer for the break. 2" turnup as well:

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I like that picture a lot. I suppose adding about 1-1.5cm makes for a slight break, which looks great too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.