1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I'm selling this suede Harrington style Loro Piana jacket, as it's a bit big for me, so wore it for the last time today. Just about works over a big chunky jumper like this one, but really, it would fit a 38 (or even a slim 40) much better than it does me. I love how soft the suede is though, so have resisted selling it for ages, but the time has come. [​IMG]

If you're interested in it, please check out the classified!

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. kulata

kulata Senior member

Cross post from the challenge

20 people like this.
  3. TM79

TM79 Senior member

You should consider smiling more.

3 people like this.
  4. sansimeon

sansimeon Senior member

Challenge x-post:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19 people like this.
  5. Atgemis

Atgemis Senior member

[​IMG]

Camilo Genuine Monticristi Panama hat with custom made Le Noeud Papillon hat band using Kirk silk with matching braces and tie 8cm. Bespoke Le Noeud Papillon Sic Tess Bugatti shirt cloth cut with high collar wide spread. Suit wool is holland and sherry serge in bone.

2 people like this.
  6. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

:lurk:

2 people like this.
  7. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Some lifestyle pics, as crusty tends to call them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15 people like this.
  8. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Got caught up at work and couldn't upload these, so here's yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

That jacket has some serious collar gap. Either ask a tailor to take in your collar or accept that that jacket isn't going to work for you. I'm not a big fan of the bright red tie with jeans either. If you're going to wear a tie with jeans a knit one would work much better imho.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    7 people like this.
  10. ridethecliche

Bizarre, I've never noticed that in the mirror. I'll take a look later and see why it was doing that. Tie was actually more maroon than bright red. Sigh... color saturation.

11. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

Had this image taken by a Rake photographer some weeks ago when I ran into him while strolling over LFW with someone from my uni. [​IMG]

26 people like this.
  12. ridethecliche

Just tried the jacket on right now and it's fine. I think I was moving my shoulders when that timer went off on the camera.

13. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Ideally, a jacket should always hug your collar, even when you move your shoulders. Anyway, I'm glad the collar gap isn't as serious as it appeared in the pictures!

14. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

By the way, I have returned from the Field Tailors and have picked up my pants. Will was very gracious and did the work on pants in less than a week even though he had four weeks of back up work. He also showed me how to do the pinch test on a jacket in order to figure out whether it is fully canvassed or not. He is awesome. I have asked him convince the mrs that we should do bespoke. We shall see. Field Tailoring is superb. I should say Will. And he even ironed my pants on the spot while chit chatting and talked about suits and stuff.

1 person likes this.
  15. Shen

Shen Senior member

[​IMG]

16. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

Hai gaiz.

[​IMG]

12 people like this.
  17. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

I see you went with the Chelsea boots. Are they new? Rubber soled? How did they work out for you?

18. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

@ Cravat Noir - I'm usually not such a big fan of polo coats but that's one of the best ones I've seen in a 'real world' setting. Looks like it fits perfectly too.

19. Robs89

Robs89 Senior member

Jacket - Boglioli, Shirt - Massimo Dutti, Trousers - Suitsupply, Tie - Petronius 1926, Pocket Square - Eton, Shoes - Vass MTO, Watch - Rolex Submariner

[​IMG]

25 people like this.
  20. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Senior member

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but is anyone else tired of seeing people justifying their pics whenever they get criticism. This has to be my biggest peeve on this forum, and nearly EVERYONE does it, forum greats included.

IRL this tie isn't that saturated.
    IRL the shirt texture works with the jacket you just can't see it
    Trust me my pants fit perfectly, I was just moving/stretching/breathing so they just look tight.

I'm just sick and tired of seeing all this justification. If you are gonna post fit pics then take your lumps and stop trying to let every one know you really do know the rules/fit etc and it simply looks like you don't. If someone points out something that is dead wrong, what's wrong with letting it lie? Maybe your cuff was caught up on your shoe, who cares, you know the length is right and make sure your cuff isn't caught up next time . . .

The best dressers on here let there pics do the talking more often than not. Maybe I'm being over the top, but this gets to me so bad.

End rant back to regularly scheduled program

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.