1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I was mostly trying to figure out if I could pull it off with a jacket tomorrow without looking like a total dweeb because it's not going to be cold enough for a jacket.

Also, thanks :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  2. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

3. beneven

beneven Well-Known Member

F*&%king awesome!! [​IMG]

4. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i dont think you can, no hate. dont worry, i cant either. rob has a very very curated look, its not a simple guide how to do that.
    very cool.

5. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

SVB, there are very few here who will be able to appreciate and love that tie. There are very few that will accept the context for this long lived look, regarless of its place in the sartorial history. I however, am one of them.

5 people like this.
  6. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

I really think any shade of grey or khaki/beige/light brown will work. Try a different tie, maybe something solid so the jacket does all the talking. Try a white or light blue OCBD and a knit or textured wool.

Also, you may want to consider running your photos through something like photo bucket to get the true colors out, I bet that jacket is something special IRL.

Love the breast patch pocket on that, AAS. Nice stuff.

7. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

Of course it's ridiculous to wear stuff like this in a climate where it's always 30C or more, but sometimes I just miss those wintery textures too much. Besides, I'm always in AC-ed environments anyway... [​IMG] [​IMG] Trousers are from the time that I still followed the advice that short men shouldn't wear cuffs. Of course, thanks to SF I know better now. Actually all of this stuff is really old, haven't bought winter clothes in years.

25 people like this.
  8. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

damn!! that suit looks amazing, i take it from very recent posts this is b&Tailor? really great suit, clags!~
    if it is B&tailor, i hope you'll consider having them make you one of these in the future!! [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think many of us know how I feel about patterned trousers.

It is, but since I wear suits so rarely, I try to get them with jackets that can also function as an odd jacket. Stripes, handsome as those are, would make it difficult. Probably going to get something medium weight in some sort of textured medium dark blue wool.

2 people like this.
  10. Butler

Butler Senior member

Deets on the shoes, please?
    :bigstar:

11. Butler

Butler Senior member

Vest - Tombolini, Suit - Suitsupply, Shirt - The Tailoring Club, Tie - Drake's London, Pocket Square - AD56, Shoes - Meermin, Watch - Rolex Submariner [COLOR=A74345][​IMG] [/COLOR] Nice gloves! :bigstar:

12. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Very nice look...compliment

1 person likes this.
  13. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Fantastic ties...

14. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

They are from Meermin. Much below your price level. :D

Seriously though, they've got some very nice loafers.

15. Anden

Anden Senior member

Thank you for all your supportive thumbs up yesterday!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    11 people like this.
  16. Anden

Anden Senior member

Forgot to reply regarding the PS. I did wear one but was not happy with it so I ditched it for the photo. As a chef you should not serve what not belongs on the plate. I will try another square next time.

Here it is. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    3 people like this.
  17. eviltimeban

eviltimeban Senior member

SVB, there are very few here who will be able to appreciate and love that tie. There are very few that will accept the context for this long lived look, regarless of its place in the sartorial history.

I however, am one of them.
    I second that. The tie is pretty ridiculous, but I would wear it! I do have a penchant for slightly silly ties at times, which I like to wear to balance out the more 'classic' ties in my collection.

I like the suit too. I haven't liked your other fits so much, maybe it is just the angle or the pose, but this one looks good. Only thing I'm not sure about are the trousers. And / or the boots.

18. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

End of the week, and a new bow tie, from Seigo, a shop at Madison and 90th St., which sells virtually nothing but neckties, all imported from Japan, in every color and pattern imaginable. A very useful place if you're looking for a solid tie in a specific color, or something unusual in a pattern, or a bow tie (they've several different widths and profiles available).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  19. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

upr crust, lookin good! i like the DB suit. altho i'm not personally a fan of bowties, i think this works well for you.

funny, when i saw the following DB suit you were the first person i thought of as a possible new owner!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANDERSON-SH...987225?pt=US_CSA_MC_Suits&hash=item1e88505e19
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

Both the use of the trousers and the mixing of textures were very much inspired by some of your fits, Sir.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.