1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think you might have me confused with someone else in terms of the knot and the collar comment. But I do appreciate becoming the symbol for the blue, brown and gray. I think maybe Timo wears it more, as well as perhaps Henry Carter, but it's definitely my favorite combination and the one that gets the most wear.

2 people like this.
  2. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Senior member

The Henry Carter that discovered the tomb of Tutenkhamun? He posts here?

1 person likes this.
  3. southernstyle

southernstyle Senior member

Opened our new store today :slayer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13 people like this.
  4. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

@ ImtheGroom- Howard Carter

Southernstyle- congrats on the big step

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  5. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

But Miss, he started it!

Take another look and you'll notice I was minding my own business before I got pulled into this load of bollocks. Just fighting my corner, that's all!:D

@ RTC beware of crepe soled desert boots. I have a couple of pairs of Clark's and they are great 'weekend' footwear, but they don't offer much in the way of arch support etc, so I reckon would be hard on the ol' dogs if you are walking in them all day.

1 person likes this.
  6. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I'd probably throw insoles in them. I think clark DB's fit big so I'd likely have to size down as well. I've got my eye on a few things.

Honestly, I probably have more than enough shoes at this point of time. I should start paring down to the things I really need haha. I like the idea of being slightly more utilitarian!

7. f800gs

f800gs Senior member

@ Southerstyle I live in Chapel Hill and looking forward to stopping in!

1 person likes this.
  8. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

Did my taxes today. For the first time in many, many years, I pretty much broke even. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12 people like this.
  9. Isolation

Isolation Senior member

I posted this in the other forum and everyone hated it (I mean it's a bit tryhard I guess). I kinda like it though. Everyone here feel the same?

Sorry don't have full body photo, and the blazer is a bit scrunched up because I have to hold the camera up, but you get the... picture.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. ridethecliche

@An Acute Style , I dared to click the spoiler. I was terrified.

11. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

I am taking the simplest solution to this problem, and am blocking you. I suggest that you do the same - that way, I don't have to listen to you, nor you to me, and the rest of the world can get on with more interesting subjects.

5 people like this.
  12. azwildcat

azwildcat Active Member

Some fits from last week. Apologies if multis aren't appropriate. Re 2, would have preferred a blue shirt, but none clean. Re 4, colors looked better in real life, IMO...there's tan in the jacket that doesn't come through here. Have at it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

@Claghorn Nope, not confused, i always notice your ties. so you can go back and critique your own knots. especially your challenge one recently.
    [​IMG]

not hatin'. just suggest that many sort their own fits before trying to dismiss others. -crisp shirt BTW [​IMG]

@Laniceman, keep standing your ground, i respect that. just chill, and accept the juvenile mentalities. post some fits, and thumb fits you like. simple.[​IMG]

14. ridethecliche

I'd actually like to see some fits from him tbh.

15. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Looks like a great week AZwildcat.

16. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

17. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

Southern, been missing your fits - good to see you back, hope you get back to posting more.

1 person likes this.
  18. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

@size 38R - what exactly do you think is wrong with Claghorn's knot? It seems to me like a pretty good example of how to do a FiH. It's not a question of 'hating' - it's a question of knowing what you are looking at and talking about.

You could get away with being as arrogant and patronising as you try to be if you were always impeccably dressed, but there is absolutely no way that anything you have ever posted is anywhere near the level of even Claghorn's worst fits, however boring you think they are. You really need to get the basics right before you can claim to be doing anything better than the norm, and the two things you could learn from Claghorn are 1. how to do the basics perfectly, and, 2. why subtle variation can be richer and more satisfying than boldness and crazy gestures.

3 people like this.
  19. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

That overcoat is awesome.

1 person likes this.
  20. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

This would be fine in an upmarket nite-club (-'s the chain) Isolation- is that what you're going for?

Take the square from #1, angle it the other way in pocket of #4 and you're good to go azwildcat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.