1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Minus the PS, we wore pretty much the same exact thing for the FC...even the black Carminas. Looking good!

2. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

I agree that Stitchie should start smiling more [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

inobroino! :)

a few small differences but other than that the same. you inspired me!!!!

cool about the shoes, could not see your in your pic.i guess there was some magic in teh air.

4. in stitches

no promises, but i will try.

1 person likes this.
  5. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

+1 on that.

1 person likes this.
  6. nybz

nybz Member

Ah, good to know, I think it's time I go shirt shopping for some more awesome colors. Probably is better to have a brighter shirt with the more subtle pocket square than a bland shirt and a bold pocket square! This site is so going to break my bank [​IMG]

@HuskyDandy
    Hmm, for my shoes I'm still just using Kiki products(Saphir on order) but I think my biggest realization recently has been that it takes time, patience, and persistence. Then of course realizing there is no magic formula really. Then more time, patience, and persistence!

7. Murlsquirl

You killed it. Cleav picked an awesome challenge that worked out great with Crimson's thread...lots of inspiration and great looks in there.

2 people like this.
  8. in stitches

awe snap, thanks man!!

and yeah, cleav picked a fantastic challenge.

1 person likes this.
  9. TTO

TTO Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Classico con Cravat Srezzatura...(retied after to a more even length)
    Still not happy with this suit, may pass it on, or one more try at the tailors, I think the buttoning point may be too high for me though :brick:
    -TTO

@in stitches Awesome!

13 people like this.
  10. in stitches

thanks, TTO. looking good your own self.

11. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

I understand why some folks don't show their faces and why some do. What I am curious about is what inspires someone to go from obscuring his face to showing it.

12. AdamWill

AdamWill Senior member

They wouldn't have to be looking at SF themselves to see the pics, either (and hence be vulnerable to retribution). One of the few pics I've posted here turned up in a Google image search I did the other day. They're watching us, guys :)

13. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

plastic surgery

1 person likes this.
  14. Murlsquirl

I figured I would stop chopping off my head because I don't do/say anything on here that I would be embarrassed about. I couldn't care less if people recognize me. Now if I started getting into political, sexuality, or religious arguments...there is no way I would show my face. I haven't and don't plan on it. Oh yeah....and because I'm dead sexy!

2 people like this.
  15. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think I continue to obscure my face because getting a picture with a reasonable expression ratchets up the level of effort considerably. Maybe I'll get my wife to take my pictures so I can get some of those Stitchy Steez moments.

16. smpipes

smpipes New Member

Terrific look. Nice carpet too.

17. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

I've noticed that putting a white circle over my face is really screwing up the quality of the picture. I think blurring is rather better. But I have to do it because I actually work for a conservative think tank and who knows what the heck they can do with my picture or with what I say.

18. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

This has actually been my main motivation for cropping out my face - I simply look stupid on most of the pics I take and not having to worry about facial expressions make taking pics so much easier. However, I've been on SF long enough now that it almost feels weird not showing full pics, so I'll keep doing that - as long as they turn out OK, that is :nodding:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  19. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Interesting discussion, gents. And, again, I appreciate all the hugs yesterday, over the course of the week and recently. Changing it up for Friday. Having worn mostly heavy hitter names all week, I tried to challenge myself to wear "non-SF Elite" names today. Plus aiming for more spring-like colors while still maintaining winter warmth and texture. That was the goal, anyway. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Vintage Pendleton BB Vintage Talbott lambswool Vintage Dean's/Scottish lambswool Random boutique handmade square Trafalgar HF Panthy Cole Haan

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    9 people like this.
  20. in stitches

i felt that the chopped off head or black dot was making my pics looks worse. so i said screw it, ill force you guys to see my ugly face for my own narcissistic needs.

do it.

true story, when i go through the pics my wife takes for me, which one i choose usually boils down to facial expression, as the clothes look pretty much the same in each pic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.