1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

I second this Gorgeous shot! Pic/Shoes and Break. Perfect. What shoes are those?

I seem to be not doing so well with full suits so back to odd combos it is. Got my Hober ties in yesterday and I'm rocking the all dreaded navy pants with my plastic shoes as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loving these Cashmere suspenders from Luxeswap!

2 people like this.
  2. Crat

Crat Senior member

Thanks Stitch! Its light blue.

3. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Very good to hear. Light blue with that brown is lovely.

4. DonCologne

DonCologne Senior member

5. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

x-post from the challenge...

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  6. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

I took 4-5 new purchases to the tailor and have wanted to try them out. I would have worn this jacket for the FU challenge a few weeks ago had it been ready. Post work photos, a bit sloppy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  7. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

^ I like the jacket. I think darker pants would look a notch better with it though [​IMG]

8. sansimeon

sansimeon Senior member

Thanks a lot guys! I'm really happy with the break on these trousers. Shoes are from Cordwainer, very sleek and italian-styled but I believe they're from Spain.
    Thank you! I'm on a rooftop, wind is effing with the pants. They look better indoors [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

Thanks Crat for pointing me to that Tumblr post and the linked WSJ article. Both were well worth the read, and chuckled more than a little from reading Tina Gaudoin's piece....

1 person likes this.
  10. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

The second pic, with the solid blue scarf covering the tie, looks very nice. I'm less convinced by first pic, where we can see the tie. I'm definitely not one of the guys who always recommends a solid tie for look that has even a hint of a busy jacket... but in this case, I think one would have worked better than the spotted tie. BTW, that jacket would look pretty cool with the SF-heretical navy trousers and a white/cream shirt for summer IMO.

Friday Challenge x-post... chalk me up as another who only typically tends to wear white shirts with fairly smart suits. So I figured, instead of just rolling that out again, I might as well use the challenge to experiment with a white shirt in an odd-jacket outfit. I did cheat, however, and kept the look fairly formal:

[​IMG]

Oh, and a quick snap of yesterday's outfit, where I was just goofing around with a couple of different ideas. Overall, it worked out OK but not great, so spoilered to protect the innocent:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    15 people like this.
  11. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

Don't listen to anyone who says otherwise, the gorge looks perfect to me. I'm also jealous of you finding long enough jackets for your size. I'm "only" 6'2" and can't seem to find anything.

12. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

I actually grabbed a pair of heavier, dark flannel trousers but saw that it was going to be warmer so went with something lightweight. I think there needs to be more contrast as well.

Funny enough, I felt the same way when I looked at the pictures. I must not have noticed this morning, but you're right, more solid would have been the way to go. I may give it a go with navy trousers. The jacket is cashmere, so I may be at the end of the appropriate season. It is unlined however, so I may be able to get away with it more than I think. As always, thanks for the feedback!

13. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i hate when that happens. so unfair. based on the close up pic, the pants do look perfect.

1 person likes this.
  14. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

15. kulata

kulata Senior member

Thanks for the feedback man

Today
    [​IMG]

21 people like this.
  16. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

I appreciate the thumbs and support yesterday, as always. Today, x post with challenge. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] PRL/Corneliani Hawes & Curtis Kiton Faith Austin Trafalgar Zegna Pantherella Davenzati

7 people like this.
  17. sansimeon

sansimeon Senior member

LOL @ your face! Who makes the shirt? Great collar roll! Very nice look overall although I'm not loving the ps...

2 people like this.
  18. kulata

kulata Senior member

lol. It's a luxire shirt. Pocket squares are stuff I picked up recently, I don't wear them daily so they don't really come natural at all...

19. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Pingson, Sansimeon, EFV, Kulata, etc.....all excellent stuff.

3 people like this.
  20. David Reeves

David Reeves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

Unlined 7.5 oz mohair own make, tie drakes, shoes C&J, Shirt own make.

15 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.