Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilX

PhilX New Member

Hello everyone! My first time posting here, thank you all for an amazing forum.
    [​IMG]

2. LilacCords

LilacCords Senior member

5 COLOUR CHALLENGE....

Afternoon/Evening Gents - Holdfast is my current favourite, Love that whistle...

Anyway...Green Jacket, Pink Shirt, Navy tie, White Hankerchief, Charcoal trousers, Tan shoes.

[​IMG]

3. PTWilliams

PTWilliams Senior member

Colors: Pink shirt (RLPL), Yellow jacket (RLPL), Blue tie (Brioni), Beige pants (Brioni), Aqua socks, Black and white shoes (Bally), Hello kitty underwear (Target) ,cream, black & burgundy cap (Bookster). Ties a bit off but no time to reshoot. Enjoy spring gents. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

Five Colour Challenge Entry (worn yesterday):
    [​IMG]
    Grey plaid suit Blue microcheck shirt Dark Red (Manton, avert your eyes) tie Off-white square Black shoes Still working on figuring out what to wear with this suit, so the challenge came at the right time to experiment a bit. Probably a bit too much, tbh, but hey, what's life without a little jazziness at times! [​IMG] If it wasn't for the challenge, if I was using the same everything else, I think I'd have gone for a navy tie with some red highlights and something with vaguely similar colours for the square. Looks like the trousers need to be shortened a fraction more too, based on the full-length pic. Funny, I didn't notice that IRL.

Holdfast, I really like that suit. I keep coming back to look at it. I have to say I don't love the tie - maybe I am spending too much time over on Manton's CBD thread.

5. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Couldn't get past four colors so no contest for me ...
    [​IMG]

Very nice grey jacket outfit, nii. Great herringbone. And shoes—still waiting for my dark brown suede oxford captoes (or are those derby's?).

6. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

PTWilliams I actually quite like your colour choices, typically flamboyant but somewhat harmonious. Have to say your shirt collar is a train wreck, looks far too small on you and not even folded over properly - what happened man?

7. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

holdfast=awesome

x2. That suit is the bee's knees.

8. TTO

TTO Senior member

Challenge
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BLACK Shoes
    CREAM Trousers
    GRAY Waistcoat
    PINK/WHITE Striped Shirt
    BLUE Coat
    SILVER/BLUE Checked Tie
    PURPLE Square
    -TTO

9. scruff

scruff Senior member

Anyway...Green Jacket, Pink Shirt, Navy tie, White Hankerchief, Charcoal trousers, Tan shoes.

[​IMG]

Light green linen 3-patch w/ peak lapels? Bit too much going on there; especially re: the latter two features.

10. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Now THOSE are some beefrolls! Well played, MB.

Thanks, Org.

Didn't need the tie. Also, chose to interpret this challenge as a call to for a little boldness:

1) Pink shirt
    2) Off white jeans
    3) Brown SC
    4) Burgundy captoes
    5) Blue polka dot square

[​IMG]

Well done.

I don't like the beef rolls, but who gives a shit. Nicely done.

LOL, thanks man.

The five colors:
    White shirt and pocket square
    Blue blazer
    Green tie
    Nantucket Red pants
    Brown shoes and belt
    Silver buckle and watch (bonus hue)

The whole look:
    [​IMG]

All colors together:
    [​IMG]

Shoes:
    [​IMG]

[/spoiler]

I like it. Wish you had better pictures.

sorry to leave you out mike, i think yours is the best so far [​IMG]

No problem, and thanks!

Honestly, one of my favourite fits of yours in a while. Fresh and interesting colours.

Five Colour Challenge Entry (worn yesterday):

[​IMG]

Grey plaid suit
    Blue microcheck shirt
    Dark Red (Manton, avert your eyes) tie
    Off-white square
    Black shoes

Still working on figuring out what to wear with this suit, so the challenge came at the right time to experiment a bit. Probably a bit too much, tbh, but hey, what's life without a little jazziness at times! [​IMG]

If it wasn't for the challenge, if I was using the same everything else, I think I'd have gone for a navy tie with some red highlights and something with vaguely similar colours for the square.

Looks like the trousers need to be shortened a fraction more too, based on the full-length pic. Funny, I didn't notice that IRL.

Thanks, HF...and awesome suit!

Nice Mike I like!

Thanks, Fred!

Challenge
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BLACK Shoes
    CREAM Trousers
    GRAY Waistcoat
    PINK/WHITE Striped Shirt
    BLUE Coat
    SILVER/BLUE Checked Tie
    PURPLE Square
    -TTO
    Cool, as usual, Theo!!!

Mike

11. IBJanky

IBJanky Senior member

Quick dinner with an old girlfriend:

[​IMG]

myke

12. LilacCords

LilacCords Senior member

TTO looking sharp mate.

13. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

[/spoiler]

I like it. Wish you had better pictures.

You and me both. I need to become more familiar with my digital camera rather than the iPhone in the mirror thing.

14. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

You and me both. I need to become more familiar with my digital camera rather than the iPhone in the mirror thing.

Get a tripod. Makes a big difference!

Mike

15. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

There are too many good things today and too little time for me to compliment everyone at the moment. So for now I will just say that I think everyone killed way better than I.
    Several things: - The boxy cut of the suit - The true 3-button jacket - The low armhole and the wide sleeve - The short lapels - The closed quarters - Roomy pants - Lots of break at the cuff The tie is very nice!
    I don't think they're too bad, barring being a bit long (are they at your waist?) The boxy cut of the suit, however is the killer here. Shoulders feel long, and it could come in a bit at the waist. I don't feel like the quarters are too horribly closed. I think the point of a 3 button is to really make a focal point at the top of your chest, so it's VITAL that the cut of the suit complements it. It should be making a V toward the waist to echo the lines at the top (imagine the old Japanese flag and you'll have a better picture of what I mean when I say the line fan out from the center.
    The 3-button thing was the reason for my mention of a back slide initially. As I mentioned at some point it was that or a 2-button 3 piece that I was not happy with the last time I wore. It recently came back from alteration and will make an appearance next week, but I was in a rush to teach class and did not have a ton of time to decide. For better or worse. In anycase though, to take a number of Acecow's suggestions [​IMG] (either from here or PM) here is my entry: -Charcoal Pants (slimmer I think). - Gray 2 button coat with lower button point, more open quarters and longer lapels (though perhaps not the lapels intended). - Light blue shirt. - Burnt umber pebble grain longwings (which are a kind of wing tip). - White cotton PS. - Gold/Lavender silk knit tie. [​IMG] [​IMG] Now if ya'll will excuse me, my lapels are needed as an extra runway for an incoming 747.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.