HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilX

PhilX New Member

Hello everyone! My first time posting here, thank you all for an amazing forum.
    [​IMG]

2. LilacCords

LilacCords Senior member

5 COLOUR CHALLENGE....

Afternoon/Evening Gents - Holdfast is my current favourite, Love that whistle...

Anyway...Green Jacket, Pink Shirt, Navy tie, White Hankerchief, Charcoal trousers, Tan shoes.

[​IMG]

3. PTWilliams

PTWilliams Senior member

Colors: Pink shirt (RLPL), Yellow jacket (RLPL), Blue tie (Brioni), Beige pants (Brioni), Aqua socks, Black and white shoes (Bally), Hello kitty underwear (Target) ,cream, black & burgundy cap (Bookster). Ties a bit off but no time to reshoot. Enjoy spring gents. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

Five Colour Challenge Entry (worn yesterday):
    [​IMG]
    Grey plaid suit Blue microcheck shirt Dark Red (Manton, avert your eyes) tie Off-white square Black shoes Still working on figuring out what to wear with this suit, so the challenge came at the right time to experiment a bit. Probably a bit too much, tbh, but hey, what's life without a little jazziness at times! [​IMG] If it wasn't for the challenge, if I was using the same everything else, I think I'd have gone for a navy tie with some red highlights and something with vaguely similar colours for the square. Looks like the trousers need to be shortened a fraction more too, based on the full-length pic. Funny, I didn't notice that IRL.

Holdfast, I really like that suit. I keep coming back to look at it. I have to say I don't love the tie - maybe I am spending too much time over on Manton's CBD thread.

5. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Couldn't get past four colors so no contest for me ...
    [​IMG]

Very nice grey jacket outfit, nii. Great herringbone. And shoes—still waiting for my dark brown suede oxford captoes (or are those derby's?).

6. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

PTWilliams I actually quite like your colour choices, typically flamboyant but somewhat harmonious. Have to say your shirt collar is a train wreck, looks far too small on you and not even folded over properly - what happened man?

7. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

holdfast=awesome

x2. That suit is the bee's knees.

8. TTO

TTO Senior member

Challenge
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BLACK Shoes
    CREAM Trousers
    GRAY Waistcoat
    PINK/WHITE Striped Shirt
    BLUE Coat
    SILVER/BLUE Checked Tie
    PURPLE Square
    -TTO

9. scruff

scruff Senior member

Anyway...Green Jacket, Pink Shirt, Navy tie, White Hankerchief, Charcoal trousers, Tan shoes.

[​IMG]

Light green linen 3-patch w/ peak lapels? Bit too much going on there; especially re: the latter two features.

10. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Now THOSE are some beefrolls! Well played, MB.

Thanks, Org.

Didn't need the tie. Also, chose to interpret this challenge as a call to for a little boldness:

1) Pink shirt
    2) Off white jeans
    3) Brown SC
    4) Burgundy captoes
    5) Blue polka dot square

[​IMG]

Well done.

I don't like the beef rolls, but who gives a shit. Nicely done.

LOL, thanks man.

The five colors:
    White shirt and pocket square
    Blue blazer
    Green tie
    Nantucket Red pants
    Brown shoes and belt
    Silver buckle and watch (bonus hue)

The whole look:
    [​IMG]

All colors together:
    [​IMG]

Shoes:
    [​IMG]

[/spoiler]

I like it. Wish you had better pictures.

sorry to leave you out mike, i think yours is the best so far [​IMG]

No problem, and thanks!

Honestly, one of my favourite fits of yours in a while. Fresh and interesting colours.

Five Colour Challenge Entry (worn yesterday):

[​IMG]

Grey plaid suit
    Blue microcheck shirt
    Dark Red (Manton, avert your eyes) tie
    Off-white square
    Black shoes

Still working on figuring out what to wear with this suit, so the challenge came at the right time to experiment a bit. Probably a bit too much, tbh, but hey, what's life without a little jazziness at times! [​IMG]

If it wasn't for the challenge, if I was using the same everything else, I think I'd have gone for a navy tie with some red highlights and something with vaguely similar colours for the square.

Looks like the trousers need to be shortened a fraction more too, based on the full-length pic. Funny, I didn't notice that IRL.

Thanks, HF...and awesome suit!

Nice Mike I like!

Thanks, Fred!

Challenge
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BLACK Shoes
    CREAM Trousers
    GRAY Waistcoat
    PINK/WHITE Striped Shirt
    BLUE Coat
    SILVER/BLUE Checked Tie
    PURPLE Square
    -TTO
    Cool, as usual, Theo!!!

Mike

11. IBJanky

IBJanky Senior member

Quick dinner with an old girlfriend:

[​IMG]

myke

12. LilacCords

LilacCords Senior member

TTO looking sharp mate.

13. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

[/spoiler]

I like it. Wish you had better pictures.

You and me both. I need to become more familiar with my digital camera rather than the iPhone in the mirror thing.

14. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

You and me both. I need to become more familiar with my digital camera rather than the iPhone in the mirror thing.

Get a tripod. Makes a big difference!

Mike

15. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

There are too many good things today and too little time for me to compliment everyone at the moment. So for now I will just say that I think everyone killed way better than I.
    Several things: - The boxy cut of the suit - The true 3-button jacket - The low armhole and the wide sleeve - The short lapels - The closed quarters - Roomy pants - Lots of break at the cuff The tie is very nice!
    I don't think they're too bad, barring being a bit long (are they at your waist?) The boxy cut of the suit, however is the killer here. Shoulders feel long, and it could come in a bit at the waist. I don't feel like the quarters are too horribly closed. I think the point of a 3 button is to really make a focal point at the top of your chest, so it's VITAL that the cut of the suit complements it. It should be making a V toward the waist to echo the lines at the top (imagine the old Japanese flag and you'll have a better picture of what I mean when I say the line fan out from the center.
    The 3-button thing was the reason for my mention of a back slide initially. As I mentioned at some point it was that or a 2-button 3 piece that I was not happy with the last time I wore. It recently came back from alteration and will make an appearance next week, but I was in a rush to teach class and did not have a ton of time to decide. For better or worse. In anycase though, to take a number of Acecow's suggestions [​IMG] (either from here or PM) here is my entry: -Charcoal Pants (slimmer I think). - Gray 2 button coat with lower button point, more open quarters and longer lapels (though perhaps not the lapels intended). - Light blue shirt. - Burnt umber pebble grain longwings (which are a kind of wing tip). - White cotton PS. - Gold/Lavender silk knit tie. [​IMG] [​IMG] Now if ya'll will excuse me, my lapels are needed as an extra runway for an incoming 747.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.