1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emulations

Emulations Well-Known Member

Trying again with a different photo host.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Double sided cuff-links from style forum member sonlegoman
    [​IMG]

2. Edgar Allan Pwn

Edgar Allan Pwn Senior member

Trying again with a different photo host.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Double sided cuff-links from style forum member sonlegoman
    [​IMG]

IMO, that jacket is begging for some dressier trousers. Not an issue with the colour, but the drape. Something lighter would put it over the top for me. Love everything about the top half of the outfit though. Especially the confidence. [​IMG]

3. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Colours for Saturday! Let the h8 begin!

[​IMG]

Yes, Yes! That's the spirit! [​IMG]

4. MyOtherLife

[​IMG] you need / want higher rise jeans.
    Are you trying to turn him into a castrato? His jeans looked perfectly fine.

5. Working Stiff

Working Stiff Senior member

Probably because red on red is hot and usually contrast more with everything else worn, and blue on blue are cooler colors and tend to go well with most other colors. I'm trying to find a shirt/jacket combo for this copper colored tie. No need to apologize man, appreciate the critique.

Maybe with a pale blue gingham shirt it would have worked? Or you could save it for navy suit - white shirt - red tie presidential style. Or with the right tweed it could be good.

6. Edgar Allan Pwn

Edgar Allan Pwn Senior member

Are you trying to turn him into a castrato? His jeans looked perfectly fine.

Higher rise jeans would be roomier in the crotch?

7. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    Are you serious?

No

8. southernstyle

southernstyle Senior member

Colours for Saturday! Let the h8 begin!

[​IMG]

Well played, Stubbs and Wootton if I'm not mistaken?

9. elgreco

elgreco Senior member

Because this is not CBD, this goes here: [​IMG]

10. MyOtherLife

Higher rise jeans would be roomier in the crotch?
    Not necessarily, however, Mr K has a flat stomach, is evenly proportioned, and can still rock those jeans fine. Earlier I had the sun beaming on my screen and missed the word 'rise' so thank you for pointing that out.

11. binge

binge Senior member

End-of-the-day-one-foot-steez.

[​IMG]

12. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

Sweet kicks, Upr. I also, in spite of myself, find that I like that tie. Not 100% on the suit, though. I'll have to check with the Magic 8 Ball later.

[​IMG]

Who are you? And, what have you done with Spoo?

13. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Your look is OK if a little bland but a hundred times better than a company logo polo shirt and khakis so credit to you for taking the high road. I have a feeling you will get slaughtered for the sport coat, which looks dated and very unflattering. Baggy, boxy fit, odd buttoning point, very low gorge (where your lapel notches are). Also general SF consensus is that it's a lot harder to pair trousers with a light coloured odd jacket than a darker one (navy, charcoal etc.) Anyway welcome and stick around. Lots to learn here.
    Thanks for the advice. I have to start somewhere and I figure I only have room to go up. Meanwhile, today's effort was rushed due to last minute changes at work. My RL khakis were horribly unpressed and will not be appearing in this thread. However, here's a closeup of the Zenga shirt and Fratelli Moda tie. The cord jacket is another rescue gone awry but it seemed to complete the monotone look. Have patience. [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Who are you? And, what have you done with Spoo?

Spoo2.0 [​IMG]

Have patience.

Step 1 - ties.

Dig, PM Threadbearer. Threadbearer, help Dig.

Reconvene at noon.

15. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

[​IMG]

A great ensemble, almost vintage looking.

16. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

New job relegates SF to post-bedtime, so a lot of catching up to do.

(Also, re: Spoo 2.0: Spoo 1.0 might not have been a finished product, but there were worthwhile features. Don't get too soporific on us... [not that there's anything wrong with that"”I like Manton's thread, too])

[​IMG]

Orge, IMO you should make a template from these trousers and get every pair you've got altered to mimic them. Maybe the jacket, too. You look about 15 lbs. lighter and 4 inches taller.

[​IMG][/SPOILER]

No h8, only love for that SC.

Great suit and outfit colours. I think the safety pin is unnecessarily distracting, and perhaps a different square would have been ideal. But overall, great stuff.

[​IMG][/SPOILER]

Great suit, HF. I know the fit isn't SF-approved, but it's certainly sugarbutch-approved. I also agree about the tie pin in alphabet soup's post. Everything else was lovely.

Saturday:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/SPOILER]

I see you've already gotten some flack for the red check with the tie, but I suspect your personality (as I imagine it to be) gives you some leeway on these things. Rock on. Cool pic with Lil Ranger, too.

[​IMG]
    I know this is one of your stock poses, but I don't think it's doing your nice fit justice. Also, as an officially crowned-by-FredH Nancy, I approve of this shirt.

[​IMG]
    Your casual looks are consistently good.

[​IMG]
    I'll echo the earlier comment about more refined trousers with the SC. Love the tie and PS with it, though. The shirt stripes are competing a bit too strongly with the plaid, IMO. Finally, I think the button stance is a bit too high for your shape. Bringing it down some would lengthen the lines a bit and visually slim your torso.

17. Navi

Navi Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

siiiiiick what suit is that?!?!? amazing suit!

18. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Dig, PM Threadbearer. Threadbearer, help Dig.

Reconvene at noon.

Message received! I post these so that years from now, you can all marvel at how far I've come from yesterday. I'm ironing the pleats in my boxers as we speak.

19. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I don't understand how it is, that blue on blue matchy-matchy is consistently good, while red on red matchy-matchy is consistently terrible, but there it is. Sorry, NYR, but this one does not work.
    I think lighting and photography are perhaps bigger factors in making this an unflattering comparison than the color combos.

Threadbearer, help Dig.
    Maybe later. First I'm going to try to sell him some used ties.

I know this is one of your stock poses, but I don't think it's doing your nice fit justice. Also, as an officially crowned-by-FredH Nancy, I approve of this shirt.
    Shhhh. This pose helps hide the fact that my clothes don't really fit. I thought pink was the nancy color. Lavender, too? Not very butch, I guess.

20. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

Your casual looks are consistently good.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.