• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As the song goes, I don't like Mondays.

Suit: Mj Bale
Shirt: Cottonwork
Tie: Henry Carter wool houndstooth
PS: Henry Carter Irish linen
Shoes: Meermin MTO

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
great fit, as always, HC.

spoilers for quotes people. spoilers. please. :)

Last edited:

inq89

Reaction score
Would love to hear opinions on this. Wore the below outfit to a wedding this past weekend. Hot and humid in North Carolina.

Is it too loud? Debated white chinos or even seersucker vs the light blue oxford pants. Went with the latter and thought the navy knit tie and dark merlot tassel loafers would help ground it. Now Im second guessing my choices haha. What do you think?

Last edited:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. I think it's a great looking fit, but maybe a bit much for a wedding. I feel the bride and groom should be the center of attention. This outfit will definitely turn some heads. PRL jacket?
Would love to hear opinions on this. Wore the below outfit to a wedding this past weekend. Hot and humid in North Carolina.

Is it too loud? Debated white chinos or even seersucker vs the light blue oxford pants. Went with the latter and thought the navy knit tie and dark merlot tassel loafers would help ground it. Now Im second guessing my choices haha. What do you think?

Spandexter

Reaction score

Span- from far away I hated the stripe, when I see it up close I love it. I would have cuffed the trousers though. Just my 0.02

Thanks. The suit is certainly interesting and one of my pre SF purchases. I bought it when I thought I had all the basics covered, not understanding that those basics were of poor quality and ill fitting. I still don't know what colour tie looks best with the pin stripe so I normally just default to a blue as I did in this case.

I'm a shorter gent so cuffs aren't that flattering on me but I could see them working quite well here. Will think further and thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:

LilacCords

Reaction score
Summer has finally arrived in London.

null_zps68ffefda.jpg

null_zpsd8ee7b39.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm back to work today, after nine nights abroad.

Suit - BB Regent
Shirt - Harvie & Hudson, London (a bargain souvenir - 19.50 GBP!)
Tie - JAB
PS - Robert Talbott
Cufflinks - DVVS, NYC
Shoes - AE Seven

Lifestyle photos - first, after lunch at Le Dali at the Hotel Meurice, Paris - courtyard of the Musee du Petit Palais.

Second, for comic relief, from the exhibition "Peter the Great" at the Hermitage NL, Amsterdam

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
^^Great to see ya back Crusty!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads