HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Caruso cotton / linen suit Converse Sunspel shirt Tiny, tiny pyramid sitting on my shoe [​IMG]
    would love to see the full suit bruv.
    [​IMG] Not today, but I had meant to post this a while back. From my girlfriend's prom. Couple things: -I know the boutonnière is on the wrong side -My cuff got caught on my watch, which is why there is none showing [​IMG] -Thrifted this suit and have not had the pants shortened yet
    a few nitpicks, particularly the choice of shoes ... but KUDOS for looking so well turned out for prom. GF looks good too[​IMG]
    - BB & RL sell them for a couple of $$
    - thanks for the tip PG. - also thanks Vox. between the two of you i'm a few dollars poorer ... lol.
    - nicely done - i thought you traded in the carrera for the cayenne. looks like you kept both. - well played [​IMG]
    - i'll be doing a disservice saying anymore than Ed and Zb have said. they both nailed it. check out the color wheel on AAAC ... might provide some insight. - you can do it. - btw my suit from yesterday was Domenico Spano ... saw your pm and realized i forgot to answer that part of your question.

2. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Mi love ma life Friday ... Thank God!! Uptown [​IMG] Downtown [​IMG] more on the dark side​

3. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I like that ^ niidawg.

4. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Mi love ma life Friday ... Thank God!!

Uptown
    [​IMG]

Downtown
    [​IMG]

triangles!

but seriously- rockin'. i never ask for "deets" from people (it's kinda tacky and almost pointless, y'know?), but deets on the shirt?

5. oldog/oldtrix

oldog/oldtrix Senior member

Yesterday and today. You get the idea; it will be like this most days until September:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Additional views:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nice look, but it always bothers me how wrinkly linnen gets

7. IST66

IST66 Senior member

8. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

triangles!

but seriously- rockin'. i never ask for "deets" from people (it's kinda tacky and almost pointless, y'know?), but deets on the shirt?

i actually thought of you and acridsheep when i was uploading the pic ... lol.

ask and ye shall receive

I like that ^ niidawg.

thx K.

9. spertia

spertia Senior member

[​IMG]

To my eye, this is one of the most flattering suits that you have posted. The whole thing, from the jacket to the trousers, just seems much slimmer-fitting than your usual. Could be a camera trick, but this silhouette works well for you.

10. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

I'm normally impressed with your outfits & what you pull together, IST, but this one is not so great, primarily because of the striped shirt. The windowpane of the jacket precludes all but the smallest stripes, or a solid pink OCBD would have been fine.

11. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Yesterday and today. You get the idea; it will be like this most days until September: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Ordinarily, Hawaiian-esque shirts put me off, but I think you kind of rock those (I don't know if they'd be better if they were tighter?)! Trousers hemming is perfect, and loafers are nice too! IST66: Nice stuff! nii: I seriously don't know how you put so many colours together?! As always, rockin'!

12. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

Nii, love it.

13. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hey Spoo, why didn't you get cuffs with this suit?

In my opinion guys look better with cuffs especially with linen. It gives visual detail and visual weight to a lightweight fabric. Cuffs would compliment your patch pockets as well.

Love the color of the fabric but I would stick with a solid white, blue or pink shirt to highlight the weave of the linen.

[​IMG]

14. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

To my eye, this is one of the most flattering suits that you have posted. The whole thing, from the jacket to the trousers, just seems much slimmer-fitting than your usual. Could be a camera trick, but this silhouette works well for you.

The slimmer cut looks great, C. I like the slouchier numbers, too, but trim is great.

Nii, love the colors on you.

15. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Holdfast's suit is Thom Browne's BB Black Fleece, IIRC. The suit looks great, save the lapels, and I agree that the cut works for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.