• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have say, I freakin love this combo (though you need a belt or lose the loops).

Agreed that it's good. In fact, it is worth comparing this to Tatano's fit, because superficially, they have a lot in common (red, blue, white, gingham, casual with a tie etc.), but the differences tell you quite a lot about what works and what doesn't.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My version: Steven Hitchcock bespoke no vent Camel cashmere & flannels with John Lobb St. James's
bigstar[1].gif

This is great. In addition to all the examples posted above and having done a couple of image searches myself, I can't find any good MC examples of grey jacket + sand / camel trousers at all. So... would it be fair to say that the classic combination in this vein would be sand / camel jacket (or overcoat, of course) + grey flannels (or similar)? Why does this work, but the reverse, not so much? Is it simply convention, or is convention here the expression of some kind of aesthetic 'perfection'.

joshuasaussey

Reaction score
gone kashewal today. i think i may do a lot of this over the summer.

The new chinos look and fit great Stitches. I like the SC and trouser combo.

IMO I would just hem the trousers with no break, cuffing them like you did seems to make the leg opening smaller which makes your feet look bigger. If you wanted to make them more versatile and casual you can get them taken up but keep the original hem. I do it with my jeans.

Last edited:

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
AcuteStyle- when matching goes right
tatano- When matching goes wrong

simple as that. No snark there. EmartJ's comment was assholish yes, but it does not remove from the fact that the outfit was awful.

Besides I believe EliodA in your short stay here you have given your fair share of jabs here too.

Last edited:

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of looks (one from yesterday and the other from the weekend just past).

Weekend Wear

Sportcoat, Cardigan & PS: Herringbone Sydney (2008-10)
Shirt: Brooks Brothers
Chinos (not seen): Uniqlo
Shoes (not seen): Common Projects Chukka

"Work wear"

Sportcoat, Shirt, Cardigan, PS & Tie: Herringbone Sydney (2008-11)

steffenbp11

Reaction score

LONG time lurker, first time postinga fit pic. Love clothes hope to be a consisent contributor.

Welcome and congratulations on taking the plunge ! It is not the world´s sharpest picture, so it is rathe difficult to give you any detailed feedback, but the jacket looks a tad small (notice the pulling at the button) and the left shoulder also looks rather odd...Colourwise it looks pretty solid to me.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pingson - :cheers: ma man!

Errone - Brought it up at the board meeting this morning, and a decision has been made. The pants will be hemmed, and big T will pay the alteration costs. I think thats what some call a "win win."

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Pingson -
cheers.gif
ma man!

Errone - Brought it up at the board meeting this morning, and a decision has been made. The pants will be hemmed, and big T will pay the alteration costs. I think thats what some call a "win win."

charge it to the 5 hundred thousand US Dollars ($. 5 million) I have promised you in good faith from using your account as a financial liaison to safely transfer my remaining twenty Million US dollars ($20 million) out of my American Account.

best,
Nigerian Billionaire Prince.

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LONG time lurker, first time postinga fit pic. Love clothes hope to be a consisent contributor.

Welcome and congratulations on taking the plunge ! It is not the world´s sharpest picture, so it is rathe difficult to give you any detailed feedback, but the jacket looks a tad small (notice the pulling at the button) and the left shoulder also looks rather odd...Colourwise it looks pretty solid to me.

Well, "tad small" might be understatement of the year. That's a pretty noticeable X right around the button. It suggests to me that the jacket is quite tight, But it could also be exaggerated by the rather odd posture in the photo. There is also something odd going on across the chest on the left side (your right).

Pingson - :cheers: ma man!

:fistbump:

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

charge it to the 5 hundred thousand US Dollars ($. 5 million) I have promised you in good faith from using your account as a financial liaison to safely transfer my remaining twenty Million US dollars ($20 million) out of my American Account.

best,
Nigerian Billionaire Prince.

Nice try, but my tailor is no pleeeb. Need more than that.

Cool fit, btw.

Last edited:

gringodaddy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well, "tad small" might be understatement of the year. That's a pretty noticeable X right around the button. It suggests to me that the jacket is quite tight, But it could also be exaggerated by the rather odd posture in the photo. There is also something odd going on across the chest on the left side (your right).
fistbump.gif
Thank you for the commentary gentlemen. Jacket isn't tight in the slightest. It is unlined and has no padding, so the various wrinkles, etc might be attributable to that. Than you both for the welcome and taking the time to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics