• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would not have done specs. The color of the vest is a bit off. But for someone your age, I assume you are still in high school, this is very passable.

wannabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jamesgatz
Both might work and white / cream as well.
Originally Posted by acecow
Not bad, but the tie is too long and the shoes look too casual for a jacket+tie combo.
Originally Posted by Pieceofsand
I think your face is too broad for a skinny tie. Experiment with a thicker but slim tie.
Originally Posted by Navi
Last time somebody posted a blazer + tie with jeans in SW&D, he ended up getting banned. Tread lightly, young wannabe...
laugh.gif

Thank you all for your suggestions! I shall definitely try to incorporate these suggestions into my WAYWT pic tomorrow. For the time being:
Originally Posted by NOBD
Playing with new camera
zHDG7.jpg
Should I post this in the conservative business dress thread? Or should I have buttoned my jacket for that?

You are awesome. I have never seen those type of jeans done that well.
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I changed into a solid navy twill tie after seeing the pics. I was trying to pick up the brown from the shoes up north, but I didnt love how it came out. Did I make the right move?
706a41e0.jpg
2a7a2565.jpg
36f64abc.jpg
[/SPOILER]

I think this picture is why you shouldn't abandon sportcoats. You can't do this with suits!
biggrin.gif
Originally Posted by Prestosmp
Today was a go sans blazer kind of day, so i threw on a nice pair of maroon braces to frame my tie.
tumblr_lmiz8cSTS21qkt22uo1_500.jpg
This is frickin' badass.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
Would not have done specs. The color of the vest is a bit off. But for someone your age, I assume you are still in high school, this is very passable.

Specs removed. I actually rather like that the waistcoat is a contrasting shade of blue.

p3rocro

Reaction score
Today was a go sans blazer kind of day, so i threw on a nice pair of maroon braces to frame my tie.

tumblr_lmiz8cSTS21qkt22uo1_500.jpg

that is nice man..

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Thanks for this. I think you're right that the fit of the suit is off a bit. There are a few reasons and some you already mentioned. -Button stance is a bit off at times due to the original design based on buttoning the bottom button. I changed it after realizing that was a mistake. Still need to add an inner button so that it doesn't pull like it does. That'd fix a lot of the button stance problem. -Pants were because I wanted something very loose and comfortable. I think you're right that I should have had a higher rise. The jacket itself might have been better off slightly shorter with how tightly it fits on top. -Lastly, I made it last year and I'm the dumb guy that gained shoulder mass and worked on my lats the whole time. I think ALL of my suits fit slightly off these days. Here's the robot pose: You never fail to disappoint. Thanks again.
- phew as I was wondering if I was the only one not drinking from the cool aide. - re the current pants, maybe slim down a cm if you want to keep this length otherwise let it down so there is a slight break - re the current jkt, I would not shorten anymore
Originally Posted by niidawg3
a decadent mix of textures and patterns PG.
- doing my best
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
I was generally going to be much harsher but I think Parker's comments are more constructive. The shirt needs to go as do the french cuffs. A daylight picture might soften my thoughts but I don't really care for the madras-y colored tie either.
- let me be harsh: - Crusty, you need to stick with blue toned shirts & suits to match your skin tone - try & simplify your outfits as they are at times on the verge of baroque
Originally Posted by MrKaizen
Isn't it summer? BTW a great combination.
- Antipodes
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
In light of seersucker appreciation day, I'll re-post here a combination that largely went unnoticed on the conservative business dress thread when I wore it Monday:
- SS done GOOD
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
- you consistently dress appropriate for your context
Originally Posted by MrKaizen
I thought Phat in Japan
- negative
Originally Posted by Al_Merick
Another attempt at a casual fit. After looking over the pictures I am not sold on the shoes. Too much blue?? Comments please!!
- too blue, maybe white bucks or Common Projects?
Originally Posted by feastmaster
Casual today for class... Also, I apologize for the crappy pics (the pattern on the shirt is pink and blue). I'll fix that next time.
- you need slimmer pants
Originally Posted by wannabe
Recently read an old SF article about "The Italian Background," and tried to give it a shot today. Fit suggestions? Color palette? Thanks in advance.
- interesting, which SF article
Originally Posted by aeglus
In Spoo's universe this might be conservative business dress

- if I was to nit pick, too much going on with the jkt. Maybe next time no hacking or no ticket. - your pants are the weak point - FWIW I'm not picking on you, but have been where you are going through
Originally Posted by IST66
- your shirts consistently let you down
Originally Posted by Mac
Thought I'd make my first WAYWN post with what I wore to prom last night:
- good stuff & welcome
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Lame pics, but I was jazzed about these new pants:
- nice cloth. Saw something similar from LP in double faced cashmere
Originally Posted by niidawg3
thanks for the feedback B. never knew this (the angling piece). is there a rationale for that? sprezz? off to spend a 1000 dollars on a safety pin (not!!).
- BB & RL sell them for a couple of $$
- braces.. lose the belt loops. - otherwise you wear your clothes well​

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orange kool-aide
110610-400147.jpg
110610-400145.jpg

110610-400144.jpg
110610-400146.jpg

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
This looks pretty good. For some reason (probably just the photograph itself), I like it more than your usual jacket/jean pants combos.

- B

Thanks, Vox. Maybe you like cotton jackets better than wool jackets with jeans. And the dark blue shirt probably looks more casual than light blue('?)s.

Originally Posted by wannabe
You are awesome. I have never seen those type of jeans done that well.

Thanks, they're (new) standard APC's. Washed the hell out of.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- phew as I was wondering if I was the only one not drinking from the cool aide.
- re the current pants, maybe slim down a cm if you want to keep this length otherwise let it down so there is a slight break
- re the current jkt, I would not shorten anymore

- if I was to nit pick, too much going on with the jkt. Maybe next time no hacking or no ticket.
- your pants are the weak point
- FWIW I'm not picking on you, but have been where you are going through

Thankful for the nitpicking and I agree that my trousers are where I have a lot of trouble. Sometimes I wish I had skinnier legs since it'd make everything much easier.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Orange kool-aide
110610-400147.jpg
110610-400145.jpg
110610-400144.jpg
110610-400146.jpg
Wow, nice! C&J shoes? I was thinking about getting a pair of Loake Blackfriars, but they look a bit out of shape? Is that a jumper over a suit?! Don't get it, but it works well!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
b03d545b.jpg

839a7a65.jpg

57faf201.jpg

Additional views:
16644b42.jpg

3f04cf8e.jpg

I like the suit and tie, Spoo. I wish the shoes were lighter (weight and color) and the shirt's pattern weren't so fussy. To my eye, that multi-stripe is fighting with the overall vibe of the fit.

Originally Posted by acridsheep
IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0229.jpg

IMAG0231.jpg

The buttoning point on the jacket seems weird to me, 'sheep, almost like it's halfway between where the "one" and "two" buttons would be on a three-button suit. Maybe it's the angle of the pic.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like the suit and tie, Spoo. I wish the shoes were lighter (weight and color) and the shirt's pattern weren't so fussy. To my eye, that multi-stripe is fighting with the overall vibe of the fit.

Yeah, I agree about the shoes. Was going to do a polo suede but changed my mind at the last minute. Don't know why. The shirt I really like with the fit though.
confused.gif

Suit/tie are "dry" shirt/ps are "wet". I thought it had good balance.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Additional views:

16644b42.jpg

3f04cf8e.jpg

I am going to comment on your fit for the next few days, don't take it personal please, you just seem to be in flux given your sportcoat MC threak.

In tis outfit, the shirt/tie and shoes are wrong. This suit was a perfect opportunity to wear teh sockless loafer look you sometimes do. Also, with such a sedate suit, throw on a nicely striped shirt, blue bengal/red bengal etc. Lastly, a nice knit tie or linen or raw silk would have been better, in a shade that is not in the brown family.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mac
Thought I'd make my first WAYWN post with what I wore to prom last night.

Very dapper; about as good a (first) post as I think it's possible to make.

Originally Posted by spoozy
... too short, as are my coat´s sleeves...

true. colours are nice though.

I was jazzed about these new pants

They are quite funky, it's true. Could be a lot of fun, worn on the right occasions.

Originally Posted by jasonmarshalljazz
IMG-20110506-00042.jpg

bathroom pic? you're one of us now...

It looks good. But I think it would be even better with a jacket draped over a nearby bit of furniture, waiting to be put back on later.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 330CK
http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...Build/WAYW.jpg

Sweet photo. Hope you both had fun!

b03d545b.jpg

Nice (new?) suit. Is it linen or a silk/linen blend? Good colours too. May steal them.
biggrin.gif

Me looking distinctly displeased at an uncommonly early start to the day, and one full of appointments at that...

oHLB5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads