• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

FillW

Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to the forum member "Lufvier"? He stopped posting last October.

FillW

Reaction score
The exact moment I lost respect for Spoo was when he started referring to his pocket square as a 'pochette' and listing his cologne. I think something inside me died that day!
He makes them look good, though. I didn't think they could until I saw him wearing one. You just don't have the "points" option when you wear them.
x-post from the Friday Challenge:

DSCF0521.jpg

DSCF0524-1.jpg

DSCF0527.jpg
Good looking fit but looks a wee bit tight around the button.
peepwall[1].gif

biggrin.gif

Last edited:

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone know what happened to the forum member "Lufvier"? He stopped posting last October.

I think he just said he was getting busy with his job and bored with posting the same fits over and over, so he was expecting to go dark at least for a while.

Good looking fit but looks a wee bit tight around the button.
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

Thanks. If so, it's because of the sweater.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1
--
seamaster, anden, crusty and TTO, great looking fits, gents.

Thank you, boychik, and back at ya.

This is a lovely colour-palette on you but the matching pocket square is bringing things down today

I disagree with this. I think it's generally accepted that completely matching solid tie and pocket squares is a bit of a men's Wearhouse noob move, but I don't see a problem with dominant colours being reflected in each. Somewhere a rule has evolved where the pocket square at most is supposed to 'pick up' a colour from the tie or shirt and nothing more. Why? Foo mentioned something about there being two points of focus for the eye - the tie and the pocket square - so why is this a crime? Is it too much for the human brain to digest?

Truth is that the orange pocket square was picked with the Friday Challenge in mind, and the team colors being displayed are blue and orange. When I decided to wear the pocket square in question, I was fully aware that it was "matchy-matchy", but didn't think that it looked bad, as such, and I've been trying to think of an occasion on which to wear today's pocket square (pochette, silk snot rag, whatever . . .). Let the chips (and the opinions) fall where they may . . .

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks, crusty!

FillW

Reaction score
He's a lawyer. My guess is that he finally got busy!

There's way more than enough work for a Philly lawyer...

that place has more courtrooms than any city I've ever seen. But than again I haven't looked at too many. lol

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well played, stitchy. Well played.
But srsly, you won't see the next level until you PS up.

:)

maybe i already am next level and PSs will only take me down. :revolve:

also, tbh, if i were to jump into that, everything would be downhill for a while. there would be much fail and im not ready for that yet, especially after i think things are finally headed in a good direction. maybe in a few more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads