• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

southernstyle

Reaction score
Finally got a decent fit picture of my linen suit:

/SPOILER]

Johnboy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
H Carter, I don't like the SC because I don't like SCs like that but anyone who thinks chambray shirts are only for washing dogs is an idiot. Knit tie is definitely the way to go with that shirt.

Sub in a louder SC or a blazerwith a lot of texture and I think it'd work we'll.
I am not an idiot Cantabrigian, you are taking my words literally making you the idiot TBH, or were you just in a bad mood at the time big boy!!

All i was saying was that I thought it should be worn very casually, definitely without a jacket or a tie. This fabric is a grade heavier than oxford and a grade lighter than denim. It is usually made up into basic casual or work type shirts. That being said, it would be appropriate for washing the dog, hiking in the mountains, or other boisterous activities, taking mud spatters, oil and grease or other workaday type mishaps in it's stride. I am not so sure you understand fully, but well...

Last edited:

southernstyle

Reaction score
Spoo everything is no doubt beautiful but the shirt, tie and square are a little matchy-matchy for my taste.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
checking in with 2 days fits...
and yesterday....
Suit: Alfred Dunhill Shirt: Spoon MTM Tie: Drakes Hank: (removed the tag and now I can't recall) Socks: Lands End (Hi, NOBD!) Shoes: C&J
Bath Priory Kent Wang unstructured seersucker suit (available through made-to-measure) Kent Wang linen shirt Kent Wang The Great Wave pocket square Kent Wang Bauhaus watch Kent Wang chukka boots Dandelion
All cotton today. Jacket by Aquascutum, Shirt is light blue oxford made in italy for K28 (great store in Malmö that unfortunately went out of business the other day), JCrew pants. C&J shoes
London Browns ( aka 5-pattern-bingo! ) -TTO
Zegna suit Finamore shirt Marinella tie Hernes pochette Gaziano & Girling shoes
these are excellent. SB - one of your best derek - collar roll on second pic is full of win.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lavender, orange, and red are matchy?

My thoughts, precisely. In fact, I had the opposite impression to southernstyle: that there is a little too much conflict between the lavender and the very orangey-red tie, which you only notice because everything else it impeccable as always.

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
My thoughts, precisely. In fact, I had the opposite impression to southernstyle: that there is a little too much conflict between the lavender and the very orangey-red tie, which you only notice because everything else it impeccable as always.

For me it's as much the pattern as the colour. The tie is bold as is the PS, both are beautiful. But IMHO the stripe of the shirt is rather strong to be combined with such bright accessories, especially as the suit has a texture stripe too. Generally I don't like shirt stripes quite that heavy anyway, but in this case, I think less is more...a solid shirt, or a bengal at most would do it for me.

(Why is it so hard to say anything less than fulsome about Spoo?!)
lol8[1].gif

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Theme and variation from yesterday - stronger blue and orange for shirt and tie, brown suit rather than grey, and brown dub monks rather than black.

Suit - BB Fitzgerald
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - BB
PS - Robert Talbott
Cufflinks - London Badge & Button Co.
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics