• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments. This suit has a very faint herringbone, and I agree with you that it is tricky to pull it off a 3-piece sans tie. One of the perks of working in the intersection of Academia and the Business World is that sometimes I can try different looks without being out of place.
Actually, I think you are right - with this suit color and shirt combo, you actually pull it off quite well. But I'm not sure I would try it with that new suit of yours.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Henry Carter, I like the shape of your Meermins.
Are they on the Hiro or Olfe last?

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rainy Monday turd wear:

Southern, I usually find your stuff way over the top, but the top part here is really cool !!

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It feels great to be able to take pictures outside again (without having to wade through three feet of snow)!

(One of my pocket flaps appear to be camera shy)

Last edited:

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

An older Chester Barrie suit with a self-belt
-TTO
( I have since retied my tie a little longer & de-sprezzed my collar )

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is currently a monsoon here in NYC, and I've dressed accordingly - things due to visit the dry cleaner soon, and other detritus.

Sports jacket, trousers, & shirt - BB
Tie - Barney's NYC
PS - Brand X (no brand name given)
Shoes - Italian-made J & M

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The linen suit you posted last week looked absolutely terrific. This outfit, however, is appalling bad. As if the tie situation wasn't horrible enough, when I saw the jeans a little part of me died inside. I don't usually comment on things I don't like, but I feel like you know better than to wear something like this.
smile.gif
Yeah I agree. This looks pretty bad. Mullet steez going on here. And the tie makes it next level bad. I have seem you execute jacket/tie and jeans combo well in the past but this however... Is just bad :(

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Go on and hate on the long tie, but I'm short, damn it:

no...just...no. I dont even hate the denim and jacket combo...but come on man. That tie just looks clownish. Tuck. Or buy a proper length that fits you.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

i think i left my ***** to give at home...

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ is that your Star Wars square? It works well here IMO. Actually, I see some nice stuff all round generally being posted today.

Wore this new jacket with white/cream trousers last week, but I'm still in the stage of experimenting to see what colours work best with it. It works surprisingly well with mid-grey, which I didn't expect on purchase:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
^LOVE that damn jacket. fabric and color are just fantastic.

Yes, its the star wars square! im glad to hear it works a little better with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads