• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Panta
Borrelli
1970s Brooks Brothers
Kiton
Creed orignal Santal
Trafalgar
Panta
DC Lewis

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NYI - cool fit, i like it a lot. i think more brown/less red shoes might have been better. just my 2cents.

HC - vurrnice

spoo - icy cool.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tie is Howard Yount, color Havana Brown

Inspired a little bit by clags
There was a thread somewhere, started by mensimageconsultant, basically questioning the versatility of brown ties. I was absolutely mystified by this. I wear brown as much as blues and probably more than burgundies. I love brown ties. They look good on you, me, and probably anyone else that likes blue in their jackets.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tie is Howard Yount, color Havana Brown

There was a thread somewhere, started by mensimageconsultant, basically questioning the versatility of brown ties. I was absolutely mystified by this. I wear brown as much as blues and probably more than burgundies. I love brown ties. They look good on you, me, and probably anyone else that likes blue in their jackets.

It was actually started on my request because he made a comment in my affiliate thread about brown being the least versatile colour for ties. I politely disagreed and requested he start a seperate thread to pose the question, not wanting it to clog up my own thread. He did, most people disagreed but he didn't change his mind. Each to their own I guess!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spoo, are those pant openings 8' or less?  Pents always looking perfect.

Thanks! These Pantas are a bit wider than the rest of mine - I want to say 8.25" vs 7.75" usually..

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MisterFu, you are probably gonna hate my attire for today then. Just a short meeting with my research assistant in my new office in the most expensive real state in Latin America (crazy that an academic institution would do something like that, even though it is a Business School). Short sleeves were actually expected and he commented on how overdressed I was (but in jest).

Ventless jacket (WW Chan). Slacks are dark olive, shoes are grey. Can't help using this jacket more than others.

I had to resist the urge to photoshop a tie on to his picture.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It was actually started on my request because he made a comment in my affiliate thread about brown being the least versatile colour for ties. I politely disagreed and requested he start a seperate thread to pose the question, not wanting it to clog up my own thread. He did, most people disagreed but he didn't change his mind. Each to their own I guess!

i too love it, the brown ties.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You could go burgundy without too much difficulty (I will wear a brown belt with burgundy shoes...though perhaps this is a faux pas). Black is probably trickier, but workable, especially with a navy suit or navy jacket/gray trousers. If you are wearing suspenders it's less of an issue since you don't have to worry about the belt.

Tom Miler

Reaction score
Photo-shoot of my last suit by Zbigniew Radlicki (Poznań, Poland).
Pictures by Katarzyna Łukowicz.

Two buttons, diagonal pockets, one vent, trousers with braces, plaid cloth by Porter & Harding (glorious twelfth).
MTM shirt with tab collar, paisley tie and Happy Socks. The pocket square is actually a very regular handkerchief I bought during my journey to Minsk in Belarus.

I think that clothes should be presented when "alive" - in motion. This way it is much harder to hide the mistakes made by the tailor but instead you can see the atmosphere evoked by the outfit. In this suit I insisted that the tailor cuts the trousers and the jacket sleeves very narrow. Unfortunately the outcome is a bit unflattering because they are too tight. Other than that I love the cloth even though it is a bit crazy. But then again I had the suit made to present whisky and not to deliver corporate presentations :) I have another suit for that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads