• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stiches, I like both the shirt and tie but not together--too much blue on the top.

Now, this makes sense.
fistbump.gif

Stiches, I vaguely remember seeing your face, but you look like a totally different person! #worldfallingdownaroundme

Last edited:

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that being said....

Sorry Stitch, as great as you outfit maybe, today my thumbs up go to that little red-haired cutie next to you.... :nodding:

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stiches I like both the shirt and tie, but not together. Too much blue on the top.

thanks, pB. i dont mind the blue, but i wish the stripes were wider, a tad close in scale to the tie i think.

I'm usually not a fan of instagram, but I think that closeup of your tie looks great! I'm not sure if i'm seeing this correctly, but are the flowers in your tie somewhat similar to those on your socks? If so, great detail!

thanks, you are correct. that was intentional indeed. :)

stitch...agree with pB...but you look great....you losing weight?

thanks, derkle. supposedly i am, or so people tell me. i dont go on scales. we are not friends, so i cant confirm any actual loss.

I like the tie a lot and the SC is superb, estitchy.

thanks!

Sorry Stitch, as great as you outfit maybe, today my thumbs up go to that little red-haired cutie next to you.... :nodding:

dude, she takes the crown. every time. she deserves the "like" more than me. :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Now, this makes sense.
fistbump.gif
Stiches, I vaguely remember seeing your face, but you look like a totally different person! #worldfallingdownaroundme
what were you expecting?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great example of a nice-fitting suit on a larger guy. Some might say a waistcoat and 3B jacket only add bulk, but I actually think they work well here to give the overall look a gravitas that meshes appropriately with your frame.

Warm sunny weather continues, so I delved into the summer wardrobe again. The jacket is a recent buy: quarter-lined, patch pockets, cotton/hemp blend, and it fit surprisingly well for RTW. Not sure why the right shoulder is bulging up a little in the photo; it looks clean enough when I'm standing with arms to the side, so maybe some fabric got caught up. Anyway, doesn't bug me. More importantly, though, the buttoning point is slightly higher than I generally prefer, while the length is a half-inch short... but for a casual, fairly silm, summery jacket, I feel that both of these are just about within acceptable limits. Especially since I plan to wear this with some other more casual stuff where the slightly shorter length will be appropriate.

Last edited:

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Warm sunny weather continues, so I delved into the summer wardrobe again. The jacket is a recent buy: quarter-lined, patch pockets, cotton/hemp blend, and it fit surprisingly well for RTW. Not sure why the right shoulder is bulging up a little in the photo; it looks clean enough when I'm standing with arms to the side, so maybe some fabric got caught up. Anyway, doesn't bug me. More importantly, though, the buttoning point is slightly higher than I generally prefer, while the length is a half-inch short... but for a casual, fairly silm, summery jacket, I feel that both of these are just about within acceptable limits. Especially since I plan to wear this with some other more casual stuff where the slightly shorter length will be appropriate.
I like the clean shape too it HF..I think it works perfectly in this context..

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
full canvas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads