• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

TBH, that makes no sense to me whatsoever. Show me the rule book.
1159%5B1%5D.gif
i actually agree with you on this.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes, I need some new colar stays for sure. This suit was the first suit I purchased.. Paid more in alterations than the suit but being the sole provider of a family of five you gotta do what you gotta do... The forecast called for rain so I tossed the TBNY's on... Ill try again tomorrow. I'm a Sales Manager so smiling is a must! =} see....

keep at it, i look forward to seeing your progress!

new Lazio-suit. Fresh out of the box, zero alterations.
Maybe I will have the pants hemmed, nothing else to do.

could use a bit of a hem, but i love the combo and the fit is quite nice.

The weather has finally been really nice here the last couple of days, so I decided to bring out a lighter jacket that has been in storage over the winter. Needless to say, once I got to work it almost immediately started to rain :brick:. So much for spring.....

love it.

not 100% on this today. I havent worn this tie in months and months...wanted to give it some wear...second guessing my choice though. I purged a lot of ties recently...maybe this one will be next.

Tom Ford era Gucci
Lewin shirt
Tom Ford tie
TieBar linen square
Howard Yount trous
G&G Hoves

have the same tie in a blue/teal combo. not SF approved and not super versatile, but when used right i think its awesome. id say keep it. :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
**** PSs and their rules. **** them to hell.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Quote: Honestly, honestly, I think you need to lighten up on squares (it seems like you are 99% toward a white TV fold, and I seem to remember you saying you disliked other folds--which is fine). I think there are always several options for any fit in regards to colour and to a much lesser extent material. I think folds can be applied well, but in no way whatsoever ruin a fit. 'Rules' like no coloured edges are just... IDK... ruining in themselves.
I only wear white linen in a TV fold, but that is not all I find acceptable. I find many, many others acceptable, however if it isn't white linen, it shouldn't be folded, it should be puffed with no edges showing. I think contrast edges are tacky, a few steps above flashy even.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in no way getting into another conversation about 'rules'; I wash my hands of this.
smile.gif

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great jacket--not sure about the shirt.

Thanks, what's wrong with the shirt? It's a light blue OCBD, except the buttons are behind the collar. I'm not a big fan of buttondowns where you can see the buttons, and I don't care much for collar roll either, except if it's a tab collar. I guess it's just a pet peeve of mine, but I just don't like seeing the buttons, it seems a little messy to me.
Or the square.

Hmm... not a square fail (I know how picky you are with squares). The navy runs through the jacket so no fail.

The only time you should see the edges of a square is when it is white linen and in that same TV fold. Anything else should be puffed. That's the rule. Is it "the" rule? I don't know, but it sure is mine.

TBH, that makes no sense to me whatsoever. Show me the rule book.
1159[1].gif

i actually agree with you on this.

This is a white linen square with navy edges. It's in the TV fold, albeit folded a little bit more nonchalantly. I've seen plenty of SF members do it, and I've certainly never seen a rule against it.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that being said....

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Doing something on SF in no ways makes it a good option. I'm not an authority on anything, I'm just saying it looks bad.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
stitch...agree with pB...but you look great....you losing weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads