1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

[
    quote name="mrjester" url="/t/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/66855#post_6807299"]Not 1/10 as awesome as the earlier fits today, but I figured I'd contribute. Decided to wear the leather today since it seldom gets worn. Sure it's an SW/D jacket, but it's still pretty nice - and nice enough for my office. Debut trip of the Carmina Burgundy Adelaide. [​IMG] [​IMG] [/quote]
    MrJ, lovin those carminas :nodding:

2. mimo

mimo Senior member

I don't see any reason the two should be mutually exclusive. I have burgundy shell shoes. I have tan grain shoes. I have black longwings. All sorts of combinations are equally lovely, so I can only recommend the life-destroying yet incontrovertible SF maxim: "just get all of them".

Is it really? I guess the medallions are quite bold, but I still kind of like it. I mean, it's a brown tie of medium width with a medallion pattern...how crazy can it be? As for shoes vs socks, just because. The thing with socks of a bright colour or just a different one, in this case, is that they don't stand out as much as the shoe pics would suggest. They're just a little detail, a barely-noticeable bit of character that doesn't quite register to the casual observer. As my shoes (half, anyway), my jacket, and the pattern of my shirt were all blue, I wanted a twist. Dark green on tan trousers is good too. Anyway..just one of those little whims..I have them a lot. Probably why I don't scream when I see you. [​IMG]

I go for the opposite, try this rule: the PS is either neutral (like you said), or the opposite colour to the tie - completely or partly. But of a similar tone preferably. Same colour as the tie doesn't really work for me. But then with your beloved tartans, I guess all bets are off!

Maybe, But they are fabulous. Try them with different laces, light and dark. It's like getting a new watch strap.

Not that I'm, aware of. But Vass can be had cheaper from source (depending on your shipping arrangements), or the occasional nearly-new bargain.

3. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

Last photo here for a while - holiday vacation starts in only a few hours and will mostly be spent in exceedingly casual attire. So have a good one and see you all in 2014.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    31 people like this.
  4. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Merry Christmas Pingson. You've become one of my favourite WAWRN posters. Very consistent with excellent fitting threads in subdued but complimentary combinations.

2 people like this.
  5. inlandisland

inlandisland Senior member

The sale comment was a joke, but thanks Mimo.

1 person likes this.
  6. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

All of your picture posts are excellent. But, this is one of the best--great colors and texture. Really like this tie.

7. mimo

mimo Senior member

Going out on a high note with that exquisite jacket. Socks are definitely mimo-approved too, especially against the grey and tan. For once, considering your impeccable record, I'm not totally sold on the tie and PS combo, being different tones in the same colours - I'd rather see one of them contrasting with the other, e.g. a navy PS. But I have a similar madder square that I also feel like using every day. Where's the tie from? It's very cheerful, in a good way.

Pingson is also my favourite. "What Would Pingson Do" is one of my personal mottoes. Along with "Think Sugarbutch".

No shit, Sherlock, but you're welcome! Direct from Vass starts at about $550, but there are advantages to buying something already in country.

1 person likes this.
  8. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

The navajo PS from drakes stitch posted the other day would work color wise, orange or green to pick up the pattern on the tie (though I'm one of those that has been shying away from red ties). I agree with you about the tones. I love Pingson's donegal jacket. I must find one in navy/slate blue, rich brown etc. etc.

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

One of my favourite fits in this thread recently; the red socks & slippers go very well with the long hair, beard & sunglasses. All are a touch different to a straightforward black tie look, but because they all sync up - and because the rest of the outfit is perfectly correct - it really works. Nice one. I'm sure Perlman was excellent too.

The Christmas bug has bitten me; more red & green!

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  10. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you too!

Thanks, it's an old Drake's tie. Very traditional, crisp English silk, you can almost hear it crunch when you tie it...

:embar:

In theory there is a green base in the PS that should pick up the green in the tie, but it may have ended up being too match. I had another PS in my hands this morning which was mainly gren, but decided agains it since I thought the shade was wrong. Should have gone on my first instincts perhaps....

11. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

G'day gents.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14 people like this.
  12. red81

red81 Senior member

can you give me some details on the trousers? have a very similar jacket, need to pair it with something.

13. ridethecliche

J crew Moon Tweed birds eye. They're sold out everywhere, but you might have some luck on ebay. They're very very very well made and the fit is great. They're no break though, so I had them let out a little bit since I felt like I was wearing capris everywhere.

J crew really hit the ball out of the park with their moon tweed stuff. I love the styling and the fit especially because the fit is slimmer and sizing up allows me to get a well fitted jacket without the pinching at the button without ruining the rest of the fit. I really wanted to buy one of their blazers but they're pretty pricey. I've been watching ebay like a hawk though.

I'm sure you could find birds eye tweed pants by other brands as well, but that's the style of these guys. The pant leg is much slimmer than most of the fits on here as well, but that's my preference.

14. inlandisland

inlandisland Senior member

Last day of work for a couple of weeks. Ending it with an obligatory bad Christmas tie. *sigh*
    [​IMG]

Happy Holidays!

3 people like this.
  15. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

330CK - :slayer:

Pingson - fantastic send off to 2013

rtc - headed in the right direction

1 person likes this.
  16. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG]

Tweed 'n wool

8 people like this.
  17. mimo

mimo Senior member

Yeah, I see where you've gone there. The thing that catches my eye is the deeper burgundy in the PS clashing a bit with the brighter wine of the tie, instead of balancing it. But frankly, obsessing about such minutiae may be the mindset of a dick. I've learned to live with it. :) It only appears that way on one of your pics, and considering the overall awesomeness it's churlish of me to even mention it.

Damn, I love that jacket.

1 person likes this.
  18. ridethecliche

@clarinetplayer , synergy today! :)

19. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Sunny and 70 today...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yellow Hook