• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is what im wearing today. please go easy on me. I always thought i dress reasonably well but this forum is a different ballpark. I also hope this is the right thread.

Can any 1 recommend a blazer to go with this ? i think grey would fit nicely no ? Thanks a lot !

short note about my body: i have athletic build, V shaped torso i think thats part of the reason the shirt looks so bad (just realized this). any idea how i fix this ?

This isn't really the place to post this. Try the quick questions thread.

But to answer your question, a gray jacket would be one of the poorer choices available to you. Unless it is part of a suit, you don't want to wear any jacket that is so close to the pants that people may, at first, mistake it for a suit. And the shirt, at least around the waist, is simply to big. Have it taken in, find a brand that fits you better, or start going MTM. There is also something called the "military tuck" which might address that, though I don't know how well.

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At first I wasn't planning on posting since the "blue SC/grey trousers" have already been beaten to death in this thread, but I really like both jacket and trousers so......

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Szarmant, dereks, acrid, seamasterlux, suited, timo, rogerp. damn guys. really great stuff. :slayer:

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
At first I wasn't planning on posting since the "blue SC/grey trousers" have already been beaten to death in this thread, but I really like both jacket and trousers so......
Blue SC/grey trousers cannot be done too much; it is way too versatile a canvas on which it is safe to play with other elements.

FillW

Reaction score
no tie because weather is already pretty warm here & the aircon in the office is not working...

Timotune: One of the best fits I can recall seeing you post!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Pants / trousers - Samuelsohn MTM / OTR
Shirt - Eton
Tie - Brioni
PS - Unknown, linen
Socks - Marcoliani
Shoes - Carmina

Not sure why the break looks so huge on the left leg in the first pic - the right is more what I see in the mirror.

Very good!

Great outfit today!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Blue SC/grey trousers cannot be done too much; it is way too versatile a canvas on which it is safe to play with other elements.

fully agree.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Derek, love the tie, don't like the knot.
peepwall[1].gif
The outfit is pretty cool.

Good afternoon gentlemen, here's WIWT:

Suit Supply overcoat
Caruso Suit by Oger
Bespoke shirt by Lucca
Drakes grenadine navy tie
Hermes PS
Carmina shoes

I like the suit, someone already said some pointers, but other than that, it's very cool.

^I like that tie, monkeyface.

Sorry for the pieced together pics (and the crotch shot).

I like the trousers.

SeamasterLux

Reaction score
Very nice! How's the quality of Oger's suits?

This one is a Caruso MTM, though not made for me. Purchased it through SF and am very happy about it. Very well made with a light canvas.

1. The multi-breaks in your trousers should be changed to one light break.

2. Since you're in the EU I think it's odd to have patch pockets on a suit. Esp. if it's for business.

3a. Jacket seems to be a bit too tight.

3b. Sleeves look too short. Could be related to 3a.

Otherwise than that, it looks good.
1. Totally agree but I'll first change the width to 18.5cm from 19.5 and then will assess the length since I want my 4.5cm cuff

2. Well, most people I'm working with are wearing oversized BOSS suits and have no idea how to dress so I won't get any issue re. patch pockets. My clients are mostly working in jeans. I would love to be a in more dressy environment, in which I wouldn't wear patch pockets on anything else than a sportcoat but I'm not a banker, nor a lawyer.

3a. It's actually just fine

3b. That's because my arm is fully stretched to carry the bag, otherwise the cuffs don't show more than half an inch. Anyway, I might also reduce the width of the sleeves.

Thanks for the comments

good points......although i like the patch pockets. But the trous are far too long and the sleeves are too short.

Thanks, see above

Szarmant, dereks, acrid, seamasterlux, suited, timo, rogerp. damn guys. really great stuff.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Cheers !

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that a black blazer? Bit too short for my taste too...

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Is that a black blazer? Bit too short for my taste too...

probably navy. i have a REALLY dark navy blazer that looks black in pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads