1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

wow. thanks for all the kind words, gents. i really wanted to wear suede shoes here, but the overcheck, country feel, and shape of the suit really demanded the marlows. glad you all agree. especially you, shoe fairy.

the suit is belvest, its a wool/mohair/cashmere mix, and i actually got it with spoo in an nyc secret spot. its nothing like the cut of anything else i have. i had to do a lot of work to it to make it right, but the overall cut is just less aggressive than almost every other thing i have. so much like shoes, it appears that this is a better cut for me, despite my love for more aggressive styling.

i guess im just a fat country bumpkin from the rocky mountains of colorado, and i need to come to terms with it. :)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

3. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Holy Buckets Stichy....I am running to Best Buy to upgrade my monitor so I can fully appreciate your new suit...OUTSTANDING! :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  4. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

Secret NYC spot...damn...[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

6. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

All my hanks are from ebay, where you can find quite nice vintage stuff for usually about $15. I don't own any Drakes, Vanda, and certainly not Rubinacci. Someday, perhaps but at this point, it seems like investing in a few quality ties every year is a better way to build up a wardrobe.

Still, the drakes are great. I liked this design, whimsical, nice color scheme (various examples of this print, hope they bring it back).

http://www.exquisitetrimmings.com/p...s/Wine-Elephant-Print-Silk-and-Wool-Hank.html

I think this one is SB's:

http://www.exquisitetrimmings.com/p...-Tile-Print-Wool-and-Silk-Pocket-Square-.html

Mr Porter also had a lighter blue version of this one I thought would be versatile

http://www.exquisitetrimmings.com/products/Pocket-Squares/Navy-Wild-Birds-Print-WoolSilk-Hank.html

Kent Wang's look nice, but 12x12 is definitely too small. Hard to keep from falling into the pocket.

7. johanm

johanm Senior member

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  8. DonCologne

DonCologne Senior member

Next nightshift = next suit this times a DB in a steel-blue color. Unfortunately the pics was taken under bad light condition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15 people like this.
  9. in stitches

im sure they have a holiday sale, so that is a good idea. thanks!!!

:happy:

aside from teger, pretty much everyone seems to agree with you. :)

---

johan - looks good.

10. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

I'm a huge fan of Belvest.

11. in stitches

this is the first i have had something from them, and i am very pleased. my nmlc often has belvest stuff, but nothing in my size that i have found to date.

12. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

While I have been trying to be patient between bespoke commissions they have convinced me they're worth being my go to RTW brand. Well made - high on the SFWSQHL - and can often be found for a reasonable price.

13. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Gents, there are some special posts going on these three or four pages. Too numerous to say so thumbs awarded liberally.

V special mentions though to Monkeyface killer SC,

CP Love that,

Cox Jacket,

Fox ditto,

GMMcL Apport Sugar Mimo all good

and Stitch, oh stitch :nodding:

3 people like this.
  14. in stitches

15. mimo

mimo Senior member

...but not spectator shoes, I know. Also, that's quite an old tie in a shiny non-SF style, but I still like it. Just in that mood today. And that jacket is too big but I both love it and need it until its replacement is eventually made...in the queue. Anyway, I know we have love. :)

Thank you my man. I wanted something in this colour way for ages, just I never like to buy anything unless there's some kind of deal. I get quite fatalistic about it: if there's no sale, I ask for a special deal. If the special I propose is not accepted, I write it off as not for me. Sometimes that is difficult. I'd kind of forgotten about these - Barker Cambridge were my original target. Then a year later, Robinson's of Carrickfergus had a sale on, of their own Barker-made pair, with a medallion that I like more, in my size. I decided it was a spiritual duty to own them and rock them. So far I'm sure I was right.

Hell's fucking bells Stitchy! That suit is the most joyous and uplifting thing I've seen on here since CP went windowpane at Suit Supply. It is absolutely awesome. In fact, it is exactly the distance of this pocket square away from universal transcendence. Also, you owe Spoo a kiss. Possibly with touching.

You say that like it's a bad thing. All the most awesome suits come from the country.

Perfection.

Nice suit, Don. I like those shoes better with your country fits, though.

1 person likes this.
  16. sugarbutch

:uhoh:

17. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

High Noon Gents
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12 people like this.
  18. in stitches

lololol

thanks, mimo. i do like that PS btw. what do you other PS guys think about it.

this one:

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  19. sugarbutch

20. mimo

mimo Senior member

The thing is, Stitch, it's no good liking a PS. You've got to know you like it with something. You've got some nice textured and country suits and jackets. so the wool/silk PS is perfect. You've got a lot of blues in the wardrobe, so a PS with oranges in it i.e. the opposite of blue, is going to get some work. Add in the soft colour tones and you've got the perfect friend for your madders and challises. And that sweet motherfucking suit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.