• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
Yo wannabe, why do you pose with your legs bowed way out like that? Anyway, jacket's a bit tight, and a wish the PS was a bit louder. I like the Chinos. Where are they from?
Haha, I honestly don't know about the legs. Maybe it's the way the picture was taken? :p The chinos are from Calvin Klein.
Originally Posted by Parker
Wannabe, honestly I don't think that look is salvageable. That's clearly an orphaned suit jacket (whether you change the buttons or not) and you won't have much luck try to change the button profile. The shape is built into the canvas (or fused interlining) when the jacket is made. Trying to iron it may help but generally results in a deformed collar. My advice is find a new jacket with the qualities you're looking for and buy/save up for that one. As for pocket squares, just poof and stuff. Don't overthink it. Sometime just blow it off altogether. Re: pants. Try some proper dress pants. If you want an olive sport coat... tan or gray pants. In fact tan or gray pants will go with pretty much everything. Keep trying! Look at lots of pictures to find what you like and go check out the clothes in person.
Argh...alright Parker. I think I'll try to iron the collar and see how that turns out. I still want to salvage the jacket; what buttons do you think would work? Or is it just that unsaveable
sarcasm.gif
? . Thanks for your advise about the PS. And, excuse my ignorance, but what's the difference between proper dress pants and suit pants? Do the dress pants you refer to not have a belt loop, with this being the only difference? It's sort of hard to find things my size, so I'm relegated to the kids section of Calvin Klein. Unfortunately, they don't make a lot of 2-button jackets.
Originally Posted by joneog
jo_0606_1.jpg

Awesome shoe. Please share maker, model, and year!
biggrin.gif

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Cm5GL.jpg

was waiting to post this until the actual online release but I got my Epaulet sportcoat the other day and while I don't have the matching pants yet, I tried it with the deadstock olive pants from last fall and this is the result. probably wouldn't pair these two together otherwise, esp since I'm be getting the navy blazer as well.

Wear this again, but with a navy blazer, or a gunclub.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctp120
1) With your long, thin neck (not unlike mine), I'd suggest a considerably taller shirt collar and maybe even jacket collar.

Originally Posted by upr_crust
With your tall, lanky build, I can't help but think that your jacket could stand to be a little bit longer - maybe an inch or so. Ditto on the comment in re: a taller collar.

SVB has been getting this feedback about taller shirt collars on the various clothing fora for many years now. While the rest of his style has improved tremendously, this is still an area that needs addressing.

Navi

Reaction score
Damn hot today, so digged deep with a linen blend short sleeved shirt. The shoes are terrible, a good pair of casual shoes are next on the list, it was either these or dress shoes..

One thing I never got, how come people post casual fits in this thread? Wouldn't they go in the SW&D WAYWT? I'm just following along like a good sheep.
warning: casual behind the spoiler!
100_1120.JPG
100_1126.JPG

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
nii that looks fantastic
Originally Posted by D Yizz
Great look. Deets on the lovely shirt?
Uniqlo from a couple years ago when it was made a bit less slim (still too small for me now
frown.gif
)
Originally Posted by Navi
One thing I never got, how come people post casual fits in this thread? Wouldn't they go in the SW&D WAYWT? I'm just following along like a good sheep.

This is Men's Clothing not suits. Casual stuff is fine here as long as it's something fairly conservative. SW&D has a bit of a different aesthetic than MC. Partly because it is a younger (20-30) group of people.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Uniqlo from a couple years ago when it was made a bit less slim (still too small for me now
frown.gif
)

I'm shrinking at about the same pace as Uniqlo sizes, so I've dodged that bullet. Downside is they're stocking less and less XL clothing these days. Where are the go to hell pants from? I saw some in that color at H&M, but it was too slim.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
I'm shrinking at about the same pace as Uniqlo sizes, so I've dodged that bullet. Downside is they're stocking less and less XL clothing these days. Where are the go to hell pants from? I saw some in that color at H&M, but it was too slim.

I'm growing in shoulder/chest/arm size so it's not helping me much.

Trousers are linen ones from Zara a couple years ago. I sized up 3 I think then just took in the waist. Thighs are still a little too slim.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I'm growing in shoulder/chest/arm size so it's not helping me much.

Trousers are linen ones from Zara a couple years ago. I sized up 3 I think then just took in the waist. Thighs are still a little too slim.

Ahh, not an option for me. I'm between a 36 and a 38, so I'm pretty well the fastest size Korea stocks.

Fred H.

Reaction score
RE: StanleyVB
Originally Posted by ctp120
A few intended-to-be-constructive criticisms: 1) With your long, thin neck (not unlike mine), I'd suggest a considerably taller shirt collar and maybe even jacket collar.
He's been getting this advice for three years and continues to ignore it!
teacha.gif

tshaw

Reaction score
Crusty & Spoo --oooooooooo! Wow! Nice! Love it!! Now if I could get a few yeards of each of your suits' material, I'd be a happy man!
laugh.gif

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads