HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wannabe

wannabe Senior member

Yo wannabe, why do you pose with your legs bowed way out like that? Anyway, jacket's a bit tight, and a wish the PS was a bit louder. I like the Chinos. Where are they from?
    Haha, I honestly don't know about the legs. Maybe it's the way the picture was taken? :p The chinos are from Calvin Klein.
    Wannabe, honestly I don't think that look is salvageable. That's clearly an orphaned suit jacket (whether you change the buttons or not) and you won't have much luck try to change the button profile. The shape is built into the canvas (or fused interlining) when the jacket is made. Trying to iron it may help but generally results in a deformed collar. My advice is find a new jacket with the qualities you're looking for and buy/save up for that one. As for pocket squares, just poof and stuff. Don't overthink it. Sometime just blow it off altogether. Re: pants. Try some proper dress pants. If you want an olive sport coat... tan or gray pants. In fact tan or gray pants will go with pretty much everything. Keep trying! Look at lots of pictures to find what you like and go check out the clothes in person.
    Argh...alright Parker. I think I'll try to iron the collar and see how that turns out. I still want to salvage the jacket; what buttons do you think would work? Or is it just that unsaveable [​IMG] ? . Thanks for your advise about the PS. And, excuse my ignorance, but what's the difference between proper dress pants and suit pants? Do the dress pants you refer to not have a belt loop, with this being the only difference? It's sort of hard to find things my size, so I'm relegated to the kids section of Calvin Klein. Unfortunately, they don't make a lot of 2-button jackets.
    [​IMG]
    Awesome shoe. Please share maker, model, and year! [​IMG]

2. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

[​IMG]

was waiting to post this until the actual online release but I got my Epaulet sportcoat the other day and while I don't have the matching pants yet, I tried it with the deadstock olive pants from last fall and this is the result. probably wouldn't pair these two together otherwise, esp since I'm be getting the navy blazer as well.

Wear this again, but with a navy blazer, or a gunclub.

3. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

1) With your long, thin neck (not unlike mine), I'd suggest a considerably taller shirt collar and maybe even jacket collar.

With your tall, lanky build, I can't help but think that your jacket could stand to be a little bit longer - maybe an inch or so. Ditto on the comment in re: a taller collar.

SVB has been getting this feedback about taller shirt collars on the various clothing fora for many years now. While the rest of his style has improved tremendously, this is still an area that needs addressing.

4. Navi

Navi Senior member

Damn hot today, so digged deep with a linen blend short sleeved shirt. The shoes are terrible, a good pair of casual shoes are next on the list, it was either these or dress shoes..

One thing I never got, how come people post casual fits in this thread? Wouldn't they go in the SW&D WAYWT? I'm just following along like a good sheep.
    warning: casual behind the spoiler!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Ndure

Ndure Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Love the tie. [​IMG]

6. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

nii that looks fantastic
    Great look. Deets on the lovely shirt?
    Uniqlo from a couple years ago when it was made a bit less slim (still too small for me now [​IMG])
    One thing I never got, how come people post casual fits in this thread? Wouldn't they go in the SW&D WAYWT? I'm just following along like a good sheep.

This is Men's Clothing not suits. Casual stuff is fine here as long as it's something fairly conservative. SW&D has a bit of a different aesthetic than MC. Partly because it is a younger (20-30) group of people.

7. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Uniqlo from a couple years ago when it was made a bit less slim (still too small for me now [​IMG])

I'm shrinking at about the same pace as Uniqlo sizes, so I've dodged that bullet. Downside is they're stocking less and less XL clothing these days. Where are the go to hell pants from? I saw some in that color at H&M, but it was too slim.

8. banis

banis Senior member

Great jacket Banis!
    good stuff banis
    Great whole outfit!
    Thanks!
    Whats with the jewish star matza cutout covering banis' face? [​IMG]
    You don't like it?

9. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

[​IMG]

Jeans and shoes look good.

10. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm shrinking at about the same pace as Uniqlo sizes, so I've dodged that bullet. Downside is they're stocking less and less XL clothing these days. Where are the go to hell pants from? I saw some in that color at H&M, but it was too slim.

I'm growing in shoulder/chest/arm size so it's not helping me much.

Trousers are linen ones from Zara a couple years ago. I sized up 3 I think then just took in the waist. Thighs are still a little too slim.

11. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

I'm growing in shoulder/chest/arm size so it's not helping me much.

Trousers are linen ones from Zara a couple years ago. I sized up 3 I think then just took in the waist. Thighs are still a little too slim.

Ahh, not an option for me. I'm between a 36 and a 38, so I'm pretty well the fastest size Korea stocks.

12. Fred H.

Fred H. Senior member

RE: StanleyVB
    A few intended-to-be-constructive criticisms: 1) With your long, thin neck (not unlike mine), I'd suggest a considerably taller shirt collar and maybe even jacket collar.
    He's been getting this advice for three years and continues to ignore it! [​IMG]

13. tshaw

tshaw Senior member

Crusty & Spoo --oooooooooo! Wow! Nice! Love it!! Now if I could get a few yeards of each of your suits' material, I'd be a happy man! [​IMG]

14. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

15. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.