1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sprezziamo

Sprezziamo Senior member

2. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

Today is known as Black Friday in America. Over on Tumblr, a few of us have renamed it Black Watch Friday. Today we celebrate our love for Black Watch by donning multiple pieces of the tartan. Here's my effort. Over the top as is to be expected. If you're wondering, I changed before I left my apartment complex. I need to have the pants lengthened.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23 people like this.
  3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Frightening....in an awesomely weird way.

4. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

damn I've never seen anyone with so many pieces in black watch. you wearing the boxers as well? lol

1 person likes this.
  5. Bill Dlwgosh

Bill Dlwgosh Senior member

1 person likes this.
  6. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

AS respect. you've solved the 'what to wear with that FU piece?' problem:)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. williamson

williamson Senior member

I strongly agree with both these statements.

1 person likes this.
  8. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

1 person likes this.
  9. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Wearing something slightly more city than my usual rigs. Just noticed that the tab collar makes this outfit look like James Bond in Skyfall, except my suit is of course much better fitting. The sleeves are a little wrinkled, but that's nothing a good pressing can't fix.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  10. DonCologne

DonCologne Senior member

Today I wear this DB Zegna suit for the 9th and last nightshift in a row.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15 people like this.
  11. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

A casual saturday
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. An Acute Style

[​IMG]

I do have a pair, but decided against wearing them.

[​IMG]

I'll accept all three and add [​IMG].

2 people like this.
  13. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Senior member

It was surprisingly bright and warm today given the time of the year. Loosely inspired by AAS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All of my good odd wool trousers are at the tailor, so I have mostly been bumming it in jeans/ocbd. However today's weather presented a good opportunity, so I took it. Most of my cotton pant + tie fits have been huge fails, but I have seen AAS make it work so I made another run at it today:

I chose the pants first. They are almost your standard gray but contain some hints of brown. The shoe choice came next. I find that these are great casual shoes and I haven't worn them in a while so I gave them a go. I thought of a plain white OCBD next, but as I was going through the closet this candy striped one was next to it. I decided to aim for it instead as I figured the red undertones in the shoes would pair well with it. It is at this point that I decided to completely avoid blue in the fit and aim only for reds/grays/browns. I chose the socks next and thought they matched the trousers and tone of the rest of the fit. The tie came next. I like this wool tie, it is really made up of red/green but resolves to brown at a distance. I haven't had a chance to wear it since I got it as it is a little skinny for most of my SC's. I decided it hit my palette well, skinnier worked ok with my more casual fit especially if I pulled the back blade out a tad, and the wool was my nod to the fact that yes, I know it is still fall. I capped it off with a linen SC, and a burgundy/tan square.

I don't know who advised the back blade thing to DC several pages back, but I like it and I think it will save several of my ties from never being worn. Thanks!
    I have steered away from cotton pants + ties recently but thought that I'd try to pull it off again thanks largely to AAS's success with it.
    Thoughts and comments are always appreciated! Thanks for reading.

13 people like this.
  14. An Acute Style

I like this. I think dark brown shoes/belt would have worked better given the darkness of the tie. I also think solid solid grey socks would have worked better. The black stripe clashes with the brown shoes. Lastly, I think the pocket square fold could be better. There's too much hanging out. I like the waist of the jacket. Very nice shape. Best.

2 people like this.
  15. An Acute Style

This denim dress shirt is the only thing I picked up yesterday (Black Friday). It was $55. I wanted to wear it today so I got gussied up. I got the shoes last week from eBay: Bally's suede captoe oxfords. I also got a pair of BB dark brown suede captoe bluchers this week and have a pair of PRL dark brown suede split toe bluchers on the way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    10 people like this.
  16. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

17. An Acute Style

Thanks. It's by Christian Dior Sport for Buffum's men's store in California. I got it off Etsy. I wish the lapel gorge was a bit higher. I rerolled the lapels to give it the illusion of a slightly higher button stance. I love the triple patch pockets and tweedy gingham fabric.

1 person likes this.
  18. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Naturally.

19. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

AS, that black watch fit is one for the ages. Well done. I came across a black watch SC last week that I really wanted to fit me, but it did not...

I'm also pleased to hear about these recent developments in your shoe situation.

20. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I as well. That's one of my faves of yours AAS, aside from the black watch attack of course. That was sweet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.