1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Who are you and what have you done with Pliny('s socks)?

2 people like this.
  2. mimo

mimo Senior member

Someone beiged Pliny. This is not right.

3. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Nothing if not versatile. That + it just t wasnt worth all the hoo ha. :)

4. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

beautiful matching sock shoe ... really dandy

1 person likes this.
  5. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

Thanks for the compliments, all.
    Pliny I like what you've done with that outfit.
    Some more brown:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25 people like this.
  6. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

MoL, how are you getting that wonderful soft lighting?

Given the vividness of the color and the buttons, I'm inclined to shelve this jacket until spring. It hasn't jived well with wintery ties (granted, this is only its second wear).

No one from the SF family in this fit [​IMG] I do plan on cramming four into a single fit this week (Henry Carter, Meermin or Unipair--depending on the weather, Kent Wang, and Howard Yount)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    4 people like this.
  7. kkdkke

kkdkke New Member

I meant brand. It looks awefully simiar to what I just purchased. Thats all lol[​IMG]

8. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

That is too good :drool:

9. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

malford and pliny. excellent.

malford, deets on, well, everything? :)

10. DonCologne

DonCologne Senior member

Next business dress

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  11. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Clags, it looks like malford has indulged in some vignetting for those photos

12. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Pliny, I really like that fabric. I am waiting for the day when the 'net will allow us to exchange fabric samples via this site via the miracle of technology.

13. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG]

Sunday after a long morning on the organ bench....

O, Brooks Brothers. Where art thou?

Sunday afternoon...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Ugh! Still, there are leaves to be raked, and it is freezing outside. To the rescue, my trusty, bulky, LL Bean Norwegian which I’ve had since I was a freshman in college. Made in Norway of wool/rayon, it is built like a tank.

6 people like this.
  14. Frist23

Frist23 Member

Wow, ClarinetPlayer, you look nice! Almost everyone in this thread is a really nice dresser. Since I'm wearing jeans, a sweatshirt, and sneakers, I'll pass on posting a pic, for now at least :)

15. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Got a new vest!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5 people like this.
  16. Noah In NYC

Noah In NYC Member

Hi Guys. I've been following the boards for a while. I got some pictures today, and I'm eager for input. I welcome all input, both complimenting and criticizing. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For context: this is for our corporate sales meetings. Mostly at banks. Mostly in NYC. The sales meetings involve: assessing what the needs of the client are, making a recommendation for what kind of project we should do, and getting agreement from the client to proceed. I need to look professional, serious, and competent. The work we do involves design and a lot of people skills, so I need to represent some style and personality as well.

17. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

To Monkeyface: great jacket. Not totally on board with the waistcoat in it, but it's a nice waistcoat in and of itself.

Today, inspired by AAS fantastic recent monochrome fit. This one isn't monochrome, but it's certainly inspired by the fit he put together:

[​IMG]

17 people like this.
  18. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Senior member

Woke up to white powder everywhere this morning, No matter, Sunday best plus a little bit extra to keep the cold at bay. Feedback on my new (to me) suit and/or overcoat is welcome and appreciated. Well, any feedback for that matter!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I started out with the suit. It was fitting for Sunday, and I have really been wanting to wear it. Next I chose the shirt. It is very pale pink which I thought might clash with fall/winter but figured it was fine as a shirt. I really chose it for the collar anyways. Next, I chose the tie. I struggled with about 6 different ties before I finally settled on this one. First, I had a wool blend that was gray/navy. I really liked it, but it's base was gray and didn't contrast enough with the vest. I even tried it with a blue square to try and make the navy pop more, and it was somewhat effective, though it felt forced. Next, I tried a handful of reps/neats all with a navy base. I even tried on a blue grenadine. Most of them felt liked they worked but weren't as happy with the shirt in one way or another. I finally settled on this deep purple/navy one with a lighter neat pattern and some subtle stripes. The square felt like the perfect compliment as it's base is close to the pattern in the tie without feeling matchy to me. I finished it off with my walnut blucher boots due to the weather. However, I felt like they didn't work with the palette at all. I found myself wishing I had black balmoral boots, or monkeyface's black/navy boots. The snow wasn't too bad, so I swapped into black captoes. These picked up on the black pattern in the square also.

I thought my gray overcoat would finish it all well and threw on my gray fedora also. I actually hadn't planned on a particular scarf, but this one felt like it hit the palette perfectly.

I'm curious about the fit of the suit and/or overcoat. They feel good to me, but my eye is still developing.
    Pink shirt didn't feel like it matched the weather; however, shirtings are typically lighter color anyways, so it didn't feel too off.
    Can I wear a knit tie with a 3 piece? I tend to think of them as odd jacket ties but may be wrong here. If so, I may have had an easier time selecting a tie.
    I LOVE this overcoat but fear that it may be too much? Buttons everywhere, shoulder things (epaulets?) and some funky chest piping. Curious how others feel.

Thanks for reading all my long ramblings!

10 people like this.
  19. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

20. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.