• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of new acquisitions in this one.

YSL SC, need to shorten the sleeves up. The primate I bought this from resembled Plastic Man.
Tyrwhitt sky blue shirt.
Chipp2 Grenadine in Rust.
BB Square.
Louis Raphael pantaloons.
AE Weybridge tires.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
^^ rock the **** on man. great combo.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
great tie, IC.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think people are overreacting here. Like I said in my first post, I think his style is great! I merely tried to explain why others, such as Ivar, might see it as a costume. Does that mean he should stop wearing his hat, or stop posting in this thread? No, of course not. I think we can all agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, including Ivar and Tibor. It would be terribly boring if we all had the same opinions and we all dressed the same. The lively discussion that sometimes ensues because of these differing opinions is what makes this forum so valuable to me, and I think it would not be for the better if we tried to stifle those discussions by labeling people with different opinions as haters. I hope you can all take this in good spirit! :)

sanchito

Reaction score
A quiet day in the office, and I'm more casual than usual, though today's trousers were a last-minute substitution - the olive gabardines I had originally chosen to wear turned out to be too large and baggy. These cotton chinos fit better, but drape like crap, quite frankly. Oh, well . . . .

Sports jacket, shirt, chinos, and shoes - BB
Tie - Ferragamo
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Glen Lawrie
Hat - Selentino

Looks like we own the same coat...but you wear it better I'm afraid.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I also vote for Tibor sticking around.

Plus one.

A couple of new acquisitions in this one.

YSL SC, need to shorten the sleeves up. The primate I bought this from resembled Plastic Man.
Tyrwhitt sky blue shirt.
Chipp2 Grenadine in Rust.
BB Square.
Louis Raphael pantaloons.
AE Weybridge tires.

Nice jacket!

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think people are overreacting here. Like I said in my first post, I think his style is great! I merely tried to explain why others, such as Ivar, might see it as a costume.

I don't think there is any debate over whether Tibor's dress is a costume. He evens admits as much. The debate is whether it is wise or even stylish to wear a costume. I would say no on both counts.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think people are overreacting here. Like I said in my first post, I think his style is great! I merely tried to explain why others, such as Ivar, might see it as a costume.
Does that mean he should stop wearing his hat, or stop posting in this thread? No, of course not. I think we can all agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, including Ivar and Tibor. It would be terribly boring if we all had the same opinions and we all dressed the same. The lively discussion that sometimes ensues because of these differing opinions is what makes this forum so valuable to me, and I think it would not be for the better if we tried to stifle those discussions by labeling people with different opinions as haters. I hope you can all take this in good spirit! :)

i have no issue with difering opinions, thats always great. but i feel like the tibor costume thing is so old already. he dresses how he dresses and that is not going to change. hearing the "costume" remark over and over is what does not add to the forum, its not new or providing him with anything useful. critiquing the fit for what it is, is one thing, or saying that its not a style you like is also fine, but the whole tibor is a costume artist is i think what many are tired of, at least i am.

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I rarely weigh in on people's individual style choices. I'll comment on color matching, fit, or other items that are more technical in nature, but style choices are preference only. So giving approval or denial to someone's style seems ridiculous to me. Some examples of polarizing stylistic posters would be the following:

SouthernStyle
T2
Anden

Lastly, the most polarizing contributor, in my estimation, is Tibor. Tibor has taken influences from a time long past, worn by men typically older than he is at this stage in life. What this does is create a look that some people are fascinated by and others think is fit for theme parties or broadway. I think it's cool that Tibor has his thing and unapologetically wears it. However Tibor, you have to relax about people discussing your clearly unique attire. There's no way you go out in San Diego and have zero comments about what you're wearing. You've got to be accustomed to having your attire be a topic of discussion by anyone who doesn't know you, and isn't aware that your outfits are your daily attire...including the fedoras. You have to lighted up a bit about this. You are well aware of how unique your clothing is, and because of this, people are always going to comment on it. Especially on the internet where people have the protection of anonymity, and on a site dedicated to menswear. If people didn't comment on your hats, I'd be more than shocked. Nobody wears them! So expect to get a lot more of this as new members join this community.

Players gonna play.

Ivar

Reaction score

Ivar, it is Not a costume, it is my style, and your choice of words are quite condescending.

First of all, whether something comes across as costume is for your beholders to decide, not you (but you do get to decide which person's opinion you want to give credence to). Second, pointing out that something looks like costume is not necessarily condescending: it's just a way of saying that it looks a bit incongruous with its wearer or environment. Third, I did say that your outfit was very well executed, so I didn't at all disapprove of it -- quite the contrary, actually.

Last edited:

sanchito

Reaction score
There's no way you go out in San Diego and have zero comments about what you're wearing.
I live in san diego...land of flip flops in cold weather...leather flip flops for more serious wear such as a night out in the evening...t-shirts and too long shorts...people here almost will it to be summer year round even when it's obviously cold outside...I have a love/hate relationship with this place...great beer though.

staxringold

Reaction score

Repeat after me..."Lets' Go, Mets...Let's Go Mets...
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

With a so-so lineup to begin with, and now Johan's out? I think this Family Guy bit (which I always liked) is particularly relevant this year.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads