• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
[quote name="clapeyron" url="/t/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/48220_10#post_6228898
[/quote]

I was going to comment how incredibly anal your closet organization is, but then I realized you are german.

Last edited:

FillW

Reaction score

I personally hate that shade of shoe, but everything else is nice!
smile.gif
I like that shade!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
biggrin.gif

I wear them with jeans or brown trousers though.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this is actually a thing, isn't it? It makes me proud to be part of a nation that has very smart people sitting around thinking of a procedure to put skin back on a man's penis.

i dint realize you needed the extra girth. :confused:

--

clap - great fit. really well done.

bluedove

Reaction score
Philosophically, isn't this really all any of us have to offer? I mean, obviously not everyone can offer foreskin but when you really think about, strip down life to the bare essentials, as men what else are we if not foreskin and penis? Sure we clothe ourselves in the luxuries of silks and wools and leathers but luxury, class etc are all social constructs. If we lost everything material tomorrow, what else will be of value on us if not our foreskin and penis. Remember the words of Socrates, "Let him that would circumcise the world first circumcise himself".

So, you continue to justify your stupidity, Philosophically? No!

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

So, you continue to justify your stupidity,  Philosophically? No! 

while everyone is all pissy and throwing out insults.....

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monkeyface - i think the jacket is just fine with the jeans, smaller pattern and all. i would though ditch the tie with that fit, and go for a less formal shirt. could still be white, but a thicker cotton, like oxford cloth. id even say BD collar because it holds up better under a jacket without a tie, but its not needed.

Thanks, I agree it's a clash of formality. I don't own a white oxford cloth shirt yet, because I've never been much of a fan of BD collars, but I'll look into it.

THIS
the SC looks great. Glenplaid odd jackets are as common as hookers in thailand. Its a fantastic fit.
this is just ridiculous. again more foo babble from the good taste thread. glenplaid odd jackets are fine. they may not be your liking, but theres certainly nothing inherently wrong with them.

I can relate to this having been to Thailand recently, but I'd say nothing is as common in this world as hookers are in Thailand
tongue.gif
That said, glenplaid odd jackets are close second.

Yup, I would go with a plain, white linen hank for this.

Yeah, I ended up switching it to a white linen PS before I left the house.

youll be kicked out of the good taste thread for saying **** like that you know
wink.gif

in all seriousness, the fit looks great. I think it looks damn good.

It's a good thing I don't post there! I'm not saying I have good taste, but I feel that thread is affected a little too much by groupthink.

i dont think common makes a difference, either it looks good or not, and i think in this case, with the casual look it looks great. colors are right, textures are right, patterns are nice, what else do you really need. if it were a dress look, maybe it would be a different story, but as is i think it looks very nice.

there is a lot of good info in the good taste thread, and i have learned a lot from it, and it helped me improve upon a lot of things, but it is not the be all end all of looking good. it is but one theory among many, of how to dress well, imo.

Cheers, I agree with your statement about the good taste thread.

The tight jeans look ridiculous. What's wrong with you?

The jeans really aren't that tight, I think the picture might've distorted it. They have a normal fit around my quads and the seat area, they're just tapered a little from the knees down. Anyway, they're definitely not as tight as most of my peers wear them (I'm 21). If you wear wide pants around this part of the world when you're my age, you risk getting called a grandpa. However, I can see that the jeans are more than a standard deviation away from what is thought of as a normal fit on SF, so I understand they're not a favourite. For example, I like the way Anden's pants usually fit.

topic of discussion was the glenplaid jacket. I didnt see his jeans.

I LIKE GLENPLAID JACKETZ!!!!!111

I don't dismiss all of them, only the ones that have a small to medium pattern scale.

Girls, girls, you're all very pretty, no need to fight.

The moose knuckle pants in particular look magnificent. Ideally you want to be uncut to wear those, so that you have no visible "headlines".

It does look like a suit jacket! I love the Jacket, Tie and PS, but the bottom (Jeans) Looks like CLOWN WEAR with Long Shoes
patch%5B1%5D.gif

The jacket is very cool... but I think those jean are way way waaaaaay too skinny.

Thank you all for the feedback! I see I stirred up quite a discussion about the jacket, and about the tightness of the pants and the alleged effects of those on the private parts. Carry on gents!
lurker[1].gif

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
I thought I was supposed to get a PM every time Iron Man got offended over dick jokes? :confused:

Also, "class" has the the word "ass" in it. Swearing isn't appropriate here, sir. Your choice of words has offended my $500 bespoke underwear, which luxuriously cradle my bulbous hog.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No time to linger. Quick fit. I was in a rush; sorry that the focus is off on so many of these.
Carroll & Co J Crew Cardi Tom Ford Vintage Rooster Trafalgar Vintage Kilgour French & Stanbury PRL Alden monk, suede

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads