• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alexander
Wannabe I think the jacket is too tight, the shirt is too dark and the trousers are a little bit short, also I think you should change your shoes, maybe other model of penny loafer
smile.gif
Cheers.

Thank you for your advice! I have been meaning to get some new shoes for a while.
Originally Posted by sonlegoman
Wannabe, you look very young. If that's true, you looked better than I did at that age. You seem to know the rules but are bent on breaking them. I think you should perfect the rules first before deviating from them.
Thanks for your advice sonlegoman. Perfection is definitely my goal.
satisfied.gif
Originally Posted by Navi
There's something off with that jacket. I feel like the shoulders are too big for you, one size down maybe? It looks like you would benefit from the unstructured look, and ease up on the waist suppression, you've got too much now. I find pants that short to look rather silly unless it's with a very casual fit. so I'd recommend you lengthen them. As for the shirt and tie combo, I'm not a fan and I doubt you'll find many here who like it. It's very express/h&m-ish.. and not in a good way. Dark shirt light tie can look good but everything needs to mesh 100% perfect or it looks bad.
Hm...the jacket is purportedly a 33S, but I'm not sure. The only alteration I did was on the sleeve length; the waist is just as I got it. Therefore, I'm scared that if I size down (which I doubt is possible), the waist will be just too tight. Thank you for your comment on the pants and the tie/shirt combo. I will most certainly not be wearing this again! Also, is there a way to make the jacket shoulder slimmer? Or is that just a part of the jacket construction that can't be altered?

LJubel328

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabe
So, I was hoping on some feedback regarding the tie/shirt combination and my pants length. I know the general rule is that the shirt should be lighter than the tie, and ten bucks says I'm gonna be trashed for doing this, but I was wondering if anybody else has tried to pull this off. Also, are my pants too short? Over on SW&D, I was told they were perfect length, but on MC, I feel they might be too short.

WAYWT6411.jpg

Navy Blazer.
Grey American Eagle Shirt.
Light Blue Tie with red dot/line pattern thingy.
Concrete Volcom Chino.
Blue/White Argyle Socks.
Brown Florsheim Loafer.

Also, how do you guys feel about wearing a dress shirt, slacks, and lace-ups/loafers? I realize that going out, shirt+tie without jacket is frowned upon. To me, I feel weird when I have to throw on a jacket over a dress shirt with or without a tie. Any suggestions as to how to wear this combination without feeling naked?

Or is this just a confidence issue I'm going to be mocked at for. ):

Your shoes look a little big/off, or is that just me?

Mac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UncleCozy
The weave of the fabric (whatever you want to call it) in the crotch area makes it seem that you're wearing your pants back to front. Nice pattern and a mighty fine outfit.

We call that pattern matching here, rather than: "Nice front bum gay-boy!"

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
img_3733-25May2011094913689542.jpg

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Feels like I'm becoming you guys with the near-daily fits.
tumblr_lmbg6oAk7Q1qcq3abo1_400.jpg
[/I]
Great casual style. The whole thing pops together in a refined but vibrant and harmonious way. I love the hair too!

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Dig, this is infinitely better than the stuff you post that includes prodigious use of olive. Keep at it.

Originally Posted by Jamesgatz
A vast improvement.

Originally Posted by Ianiceman

Yup. Good progress Diggsy. Now compare how good you look in this picture with some of your earlier posts for which you were brutalized and ask yourself what changed for the better.

Thanks guys. I'm fortunate to have a large number of local sources to scour and locate pieces that can fit into all of your most excellent suggestions. I have to say, I've forced myself to leave some things behind that I would have previously snapped up. I can hear all of you screaming at me things like, "Too boxy! Leave it." "ANOTHER green shirt??? WTF?" and my favorite, "What mirror are YOU looking into because the shoulders on that sport coat are in a completely different zip code than yours?!"

Yes, I'm admitting that I hear voices in my head when I shop for clothes.
dunno.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like your attitude Dig. And the fact that you have listed to good feedback and applied it shows you are serious about it. Keep it up and I look forward to more progress next week.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Mantonian poast on a beautiful Saturday:
12409dd1.jpg

I almost missed this, and I'm glad I didn't, because even though you don't post many fits, the ones you do are often really nice. This one is no exception.

Originally Posted by aeglus
here's a more crazy shirt; guess it's more ok when it's up top
tumblr_lm9ve98gZr1qcq3abo1_400.jpg
tumblr_lm9v7tHXLN1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

You ooze style, dude. I dig almost all of your looks.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
2a5ead4e.jpg

heartisewes.jpg

Originally Posted by acecow
I missed you guys! Had so much work and haven't even looked at WAYWRN for two weeks. Here's a quick fit from me today.

S4EVk.jpg

R9Teg.jpg

oOkbS.jpg

P.S. Sport coat is Boglioli, completely unaltered, from threedifferent.com. It cost me about $130 shipped. Highly recommended to everyone, they still have many sizes left. Size up if in doubt.

Acecow, I think you have many really interesting looks. In general, as has been noted, I think many of your pants are much too tight. These included. I don't think the ability to see (or not see) mantoe is the sole criteria either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads