• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Big deal was our Lawyer friend, who magically caught teh banhamma.
wink.gif

teacha.gif

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice pics arvidg. I hope you are enjoying the brief Scandinavian summer. I might have suggested a greater contrast between jacket and trousers, but the overall look still works and in a world full of shitey baseball caps you are holding up the standard of 'proper' headwear with the panama. Well done!

Reaction score
I love this look. Would love to recreate it. What type of material are those trousers? You pull it off effortlessly.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
What happened to white shirts?
eh.gif
Suit jacket is too short for my taste but other than that looks good, is it RTW?

Originally Posted by acecow
Very nice! I thought you only wore white and blue shirts.
Yes, it is the only RTW I own actually. Completely unstructured, no canvas, spalla shoulders, lapped seams all over, mohair/cotton. Thighs are bigger than I usually wear... I do own more than just white and blue. I pull out the colors on rare occasion on sunny summer days.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Work all day, grad party in the late afternoon then off to an auction for the evening. Saturday? Sez who? The shirt is pink BB (no iron!). Glen plaid(ish) slacks. Robert Stock tie. BB Brooksease Blazer w/Loro piana wool. Costa del Mar shades (with +1.75 readers gound in...factory installed!) Black split toe bluchers.
IMG_20110604_081946-1.jpg
No up closies today!
IMG_20110604_082020-1.jpg
Robot pose. Bad Dig scowl.
IMG_20110604_081957-1.jpg

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fing02[1].gif

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Mantonian poast on a beautiful Saturday:
I]

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jamesgatz
IMG_20110604_081957-1.jpg

A vast improvement.[/quote]

Yup. Good progress Diggsy. Now compare how good you look in this picture with some of your earlier posts for which you were brutalized and ask yourself what changed for the better.

wannabe

Reaction score
So, I was hoping on some feedback regarding the tie/shirt combination and my pants length. I know the general rule is that the shirt should be lighter than the tie, and ten bucks says I'm gonna be trashed for doing this, but I was wondering if anybody else has tried to pull this off. Also, are my pants too short? Over on SW&D, I was told they were perfect length, but on MC, I feel they might be too short.
WAYWT6411.jpg
Navy Blazer. Grey American Eagle Shirt. Light Blue Tie with red dot/line pattern thingy. Concrete Volcom Chino. Blue/White Argyle Socks. Brown Florsheim Loafer. Also, how do you guys feel about wearing a dress shirt, slacks, and lace-ups/loafers? I realize that going out, shirt+tie without jacket is frowned upon. To me, I feel weird when I have to throw on a jacket over a dress shirt with or without a tie. Any suggestions as to how to wear this combination without feeling naked? Or is this just a confidence issue I'm going to be mocked at for. ):

Alexander

Reaction score
Wannabe I think the jacket is too tight, the shirt is too dark and the trousers are a little bit short, also I think you should change your shoes, maybe other model of penny loafer
smile.gif

Cheers.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mjphillips
Great jacket, where is it from? Nice pattern & details - ticket pocket, patch pocket, storm collar latch, etc.

Thank MJ, naturally the jacket is from Polo, 3 years back.

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Mantonian poast on a beautiful Saturday:
12409dd1.jpg

Good stuff, the suit is superb and I think the shirt is a great choice.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
C&J for Polo Redways in polo suede. I waited forever for them on eBay. If there is one shoe RL should really reissue in some new variants, its this one. *SKINNYGOOMBA*

Agreed.

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wannabe, you look very young. If that's true, you looked better than I did at that age. You seem to know the rules but are bent on breaking them. I think you should perfect the rules first before deviating from them.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabe
So, I was hoping on some feedback regarding the tie/shirt combination and my pants length. I know the general rule is that the shirt should be lighter than the tie, and ten bucks says I'm gonna be trashed for doing this, but I was wondering if anybody else has tried to pull this off. Also, are my pants too short? Over on SW&D, I was told they were perfect length, but on MC, I feel they might be too short.

WAYWT6411.jpg

Navy Blazer.
Grey American Eagle Shirt.
Light Blue Tie with red dot/line pattern thingy.
Concrete Volcom Chino.
Blue/White Argyle Socks.
Brown Florsheim Loafer.

Also, how do you guys feel about wearing a dress shirt, slacks, and lace-ups/loafers? I realize that going out, shirt+tie without jacket is frowned upon. To me, I feel weird when I have to throw on a jacket over a dress shirt with or without a tie. Any suggestions as to how to wear this combination without feeling naked?

Or is this just a confidence issue I'm going to be mocked at for. ):

There's something off with that jacket. I feel like the shoulders are too big for you, one size down maybe? It looks like you would benefit from the unstructured look, and ease up on the waist suppression, you've got too much now. I find pants that short to look rather silly unless it's with a very casual fit. so I'd recommend you lengthen them.

As for the shirt and tie combo, I'm not a fan and I doubt you'll find many here who like it. It's very express/h&m-ish.. and not in a good way. Dark shirt light tie can look good but everything needs to mesh 100% perfect or it looks bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads