• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

:cheers:

Formal Sunday.
LL

[/SPOILER]

GREAT.

Deets on the chestefield coat?

Last edited:

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I posted the details quite a bit ago, but only found that picture now taken at Somerset House. I'm holding a camera in my left hand as I had to take pictures for some weird Arts Uni project during London Fashion week a few weeks ago. Obviously my hair was 'standarized', though that is not too far from how I normally wear it.
Much better without the beard, old boy...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CP - very nice.

I almost wrote this term's last essay about beards, but then I shaved...

ill take whatever notes you have on the subject, please.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I posted the details quite a bit ago, but only found that picture now taken at Somerset House. I'm holding a camera in my left hand as I had to take pictures for some weird Arts Uni project during London Fashion week a few weeks ago. Obviously my hair was 'standarized', though that is not too far from how I normally wear it.
You look like you were just round at Number 10 and heard that Christine Keeler had just spilled her guts to the press!

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whatever the maker of this suit, they should use these pix as an advertisement-- looks awesome.

:cheers:

Formal Sunday.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The beginning of another week - bad weather this afternoon, a new tie, and beater shoes.

Suit & tie - BB
Shirt - Lewin
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis via DeNatale, NYC
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Mezlan
Raincoat - Burberry
Scarf - Zegna
Hat - Weatherproof

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
if its too loud, youre too old.

Isaia, charvetx2, john lobb towcesters

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoping to get you gentlemen's advice on picking up a grey odd jacket: Is herringbone an exclusively tweed pattern? I'm looking for a grey herringbone odd jacket but it seems like they're all tweed. Alternatively, what would be a good, versatile, pattern that's predominantly grey?

yeah TD, plenty of worsted herringbones, or there's houndsteeth
smile.gif
or POWs or other plaids in grays

Or u could go for a worsted tweed herringbone like the one in Porter & Harding's 'Glorious Twelfth' book, but the real question is whether u should really get a gray odd jacket at all. They can be hard to match - What pents? ... Charcoal? Nope. Other gray? Look like u dressed in the dark. Navy? Nope, look like a busman, no offence intended to bus driving members of course. Brown would be odd. Khaki? eeeeew. And danger is it's going to look like a broken suit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads