• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great-looking trousers, love the colour - cords or moleskin? Kind of hard to tell from the picture....

Thanks. They're cords. MTM Ede and IIRC, cloth is from a P&H book. Might be misremembering.

Enjoying the weather before winter hits back.

Looks pretty great. Would prefer a half inch or so longer trouser length (to me, the current length gives the impression that you've hiked the trousers up too high with your braces) but I suppose it's down to personal preference really. Also, the trousers are pretty dark for the jacket and a bit more contrast might be another option. But overall, your style is so consistent that it overcomes these petty nitpicks. Great stuff.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
DerekS: Don't let pB rain on your felt flower parade! If you like it, it's not hurting anyone. (pB, I wouldn't wear it, either...)

Timo: If those are gray trousers, they should be lighter for better contrast with the jacket.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nope. Or, at least, justify your opinion. :)

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Some of us have to live with that if we are to get RTW ties, Derek. I don't know how tall Timo is, but people who are in the short side are bound to have a long narrow blade if they tie a FIH. And DFIH doesn't look as good IMO, no matter if the wide end goes through one or both loops.

Tucking the narrow blade into your trousers is a pain in teh butt.

I always forget that not everyone is 6'3 like me. :embar:

DerekS: Don't let pB rain on your felt flower parade! If you like it, it's not hurting anyone. (pB, I wouldn't wear it, either...)

pB wont rain on ****!!! :lol:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Some of us have to live with that if we are to get RTW ties, Derek. I don't know how tall Timo is, but people who are in the short side are bound to have a long narrow blade if they tie a FIH. And DFIH doesn't look as good IMO, no matter if the wide end goes through one or both loops.
Tucking the narrow blade into your trousers is a pain in teh butt.

yes, but there are ways to hide it. however, it doesnt really bother me at all.

i love it. square and all.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rent court today. Pay up, ya deadbeats!

The tie feels a lot slubbier(?) than it looks and the silky square's colors are in between the colors on the tie to avoid the matchiness factor. Did it work?

I keep forgetting to relace them straight across.

Bunch o' thrifted stuff, Rayban 3217's and some AE Parks.

Last edited:

Licious

Reaction score

Suit: Boss "James/Sharp"
Shirt: Boss Sharp Fit
Tie: John W. Nordstrom
PS: Carrot & Gibbs

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I knew the second i put that flower in id get **** for it. oh well. maybe next time ill go for some red socks for the color. ;)

How about a red sash that says "Mr. America"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads