• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hampton a cutaway collar would be perfect for your style.
By the way, nice, you are good in this purple label inspired style, but miss the water and take a drink
biggrin.gif
Yeah you are right, just thought about that actually. Just trying to be healthy bro
shog[1].gif

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

What's going on with your trousers? They are too tapered down from your knee and look weird.

People comment a lot of stitches pants having a "weird" taper. As somebody who has similar shaped legs I want to clear up the issue people are seeing and misidentifying. Stitches pants are not too tapered. They are probably barely tapered. Stitches has slightly knocked-knees, which make his knees bent in-wards. The opposite of bow-legged. Having knocked knees makes the outseam of trousers fall inwards at the knees. This gives them a tapered appearance. I too have this issue, however bespoke pants hide it completely. If he wants them to fall better he can get the sides of the trousers underneath the wasitband taken up into the waistband. This makes the legs fall straight down without buckling at the knee. So in effect the outseam would be shortened from the top.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers for the thumbs up
smile.gif

^^^^^ David R that's a mega-outstanding DB. Dunno how u manage to make the shoulders IMO so structured-but-not-blocky. Is it because u cut them narrower than the natural width? - the sleeve in that pic appears to begin at the tip of your clavicle rather than out at the end of the shoulder.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suit is a nice one but it looks like you need to get the trouser length adjusted. The shirt looks a bit baggy on you (for what you are aiming at) and the collar isn't that nice - as Alex has already pointed out, a (semi-) spread collar would work better. Tie is a bit meh. And I am sorry, but the slippers are ridiculous - I really hope that was just for sitting around the house. Unfortunately you just don't (yet) have the insouciance required to pull off slippers with a suit!

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Question: I've seen folks on this thread talk about slimming or tapering trousers.
As a few recent fits evidence, I'm in need of such a service. Could someone who has done this please PM me and give me a sense of a) roughly how much it cost (we're not talking Kiton, so I need to do a cost/benefit analysis); and b) lessons learned (i.e., anyone have this done and have to scrap the trou because it ruined the fit). I don't want to derail the thread, so please PM.
Thanks in advance.

i had a tailor here do it on one of pants that were billowing in the thigh. she did a great job and it was maybe 10 bucks i think.

Next level. Shoulders are great. I always enjoy your posts.

plus one. david rocks the house.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always appreciate David's fits because they are always so different than the SF-standard soft Neapolitan cut, but he does them so well. Really makes you take a step back out of the SF groupthink.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What's going on with your trousers? They are too tapered down from your knee and look weird.

Hmmm, sorry stichy, I have to agree. Too tapered.
Solid fit otherwise.

Look at the pic of his feet, you'll see they aren't tapered at all. Theyvare cut pretty full through the hem.

People comment a lot of stitches pants having a "weird" taper. As somebody who has similar shaped legs I want to clear up the issue people are seeing and misidentifying. Stitches pants are not too tapered. They are probably barely tapered. Stitches has slightly knocked-knees, which make his knees bent in-wards. The opposite of bow-legged. Having knocked knees makes the outseam of trousers fall inwards at the knees. This gives them a tapered appearance. I too have this issue, however bespoke pants hide it completely. If he wants them to fall better he can get the sides of the trousers underneath the wasitband taken up into the waistband. This makes the legs fall straight down without buckling at the knee. So in effect the outseam would be shortened from the top.

fascinating. as the owner of the pants, and my legs, ill chime in here. they are not a super slim pair of pants, i think the leg opening is 9 inches, which is my preference. as pB said, my knee are indeed slightly knocked, and i have larger thighs that also factor in. mostly though, its the fact that it is not a great angle and i do not photograph well. IRL, they do not look weird at all.

pB and others have met me, and have seen me in pants, they my verify or contradict that my fits look way better IRL, if they like.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads