1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Welcome! Looks pretty solid there. Recommendations:

1. With your face shape, which is a bit more oval/long, you might consider balancing it out with more of a spread collar, which is also a bit more modern.
    2. 'round these parts folks are generally fond of showing a little of the ol' shirt cuff. Either your jacket sleeves are a bit long, or your shirts are a bit short. I suspect it's the former although it may not be worth tailoring since it's not too long by very much.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Navi

Navi Senior member

Welcome! Looks pretty solid there. Recommendations:

1. With your face shape, which is a bit more oval/long, you might consider balancing it out with more of a spread collar, which is also a bit more modern.
    2. 'round these parts folks are generally fond of showing a little of the ol' shirt cuff. Either your jacket sleeves are a bit long, or your shirts are a bit short. I suspect it's the former although it may not be worth tailoring since it's not too long by very much.

+1 on these, also practice your knot tying skills. Take a look at some of the pics in this thread for inspiration on how a nice FIH should be shaped, dimples etc. Some wider spread collars (yours looks a bit loose, too) and a nicely tied knot are very easy steps that improve your outfit tenfold.

Very solid first post, though. Jacket fits pretty well. Keep it up!

3. Savoir

Savoir Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And lift up that pocket square a tad.

4. lenahan

lenahan Senior member

these photos are from yesterday, my high school graduation (after removing my ugly poly robe and mortar board). Faces are obscured. The braces are thurstons, gut ends, purchased at an antique store. The jacket is not a suit, but in fact a pinstriped SC. I wear various odd trousers with them, such as charcoal. any recommendations? I am using an antique pearl and gold tie tac (grandfather's) and the gold-filled cufflinks I picked up for $3 at an antiquew store.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Chairman_Liu

Chairman_Liu Member

Ok, second outfit that I post in this forum. Let me point out some of the flaws myself to spare you the time:

Yes, the jacket is a bit on the short side, as goes for the sleeves. It's an old favorite RL blazer that I don't want to depart from as of yet though. The tie is a bit askew in the first pic. The khaki's could have been more well pressed and I should really change the shoelaces to a more brownish pair.

Besides all of that, I'm in love with every piece of garment covering my body today, and as I understand people are interested in brands and so on:

Jacket - Ralph Lauren Polo
    Shirt: Tommy Hilfiger
    Tie: Knitted wool-, mohair- and alpacca mix.
    Watch: Vintage Jules Jurgensen
    Belt: Torino
    Pants: Re-tailored Dockers
    Shoes: Carlo Mazzanti (A quite unknown Italian shoemaker)
    Pocket square: Unknown brand, got it from my grandmother a while back. Might have been my grandad's when he was still alive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I own the exact same blazer. Great quality.[​IMG]

6. Chairman_Liu

Chairman_Liu Member

Okay, here's a more zoomed out look. [​IMG]

Great to see that I'm not the only younger person who does not dread wearing suits. [​IMG] I'd say perhaps reverse the shirt/tie color and consider a square.

7. blowoutxian

blowoutxian Member

8. Teen_Suit_Wearer

Teen_Suit_Wearer Member

Great to see that I'm not the only younger person who does not dread wearing suits. [​IMG] I'd say perhaps reverse the shirt/tie color and consider a square.
    Haha, there are very few of us...that's for sure. If only younger people would learn to dress better...Are there any pictures here of your suits?

9. jqmunro

jqmunro Well-Known Member

yep. Have patience, the time for the suit shall come.. But the lunch room isn't the ideal place to be rocking a full DB suit along with boutonniere, puffed pocket square, tie clip, and a brand spanking new pair of Edward Greens. [​IMG]

also aeglus, like the fit, but i think a different shirt would look better. Maybe just a lighter or darker grey, that shade just isn't working for me. Dig the jean fit though, and dope jacket of course!

Got my hours cut at work so I've been mostly doing streetwear looks but here's one from a couple days ago. Too lazy to do a full shot. New pocket square, and the cheapest tie I own, care to guess what brand is is? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Perry Ellis? [​IMG]

10. binge

binge Senior member

Dashing Sunday:

Nike Sphere shirt
    Nike running shorts
    Nike trail running shoes
    About thirty pounds of mud

And at the end, Viking horns.

[​IMG]

- B

Don't forget the belching fire and bananas!

11. wannabe

wannabe Senior member

Hi, I'm new and here's what I'm wearing. [​IMG]
    I think this is a kid's suit. I know this because most kid's suits come in the 4x1 button configuration :p. And plus, I wear kid's suits too (I'm probably less than 5 years older than you, so I can say you're probably better dressed than anyone your age). As a fellow newb, I can only suggest you to lose your hat, lose the shirt/tie combo, and get the waist taken in on your jacket. Showing your hair and tightening your jacket will make you look a helluva lot sharper. Reverse the colors of the tie/shirt. White shirt, brown tie. That'll look better.
    Ok, second outfit that I post in this forum. Let me point out some of the flaws myself to spare you the time: Yes, the jacket is a bit on the short side, as goes for the sleeves. It's an old favorite RL blazer that I don't want to depart from as of yet though. The tie is a bit askew in the first pic. The khaki's could have been more well pressed and I should really change the shoelaces to a more brownish pair. Besides all of that, I'm in love with every piece of garment covering my body today, and as I understand people are interested in brands and so on: Jacket - Ralph Lauren Polo Shirt: Tommy Hilfiger Tie: Knitted wool-, mohair- and alpacca mix. Watch: Vintage Jules Jurgensen Belt: Torino Pants: Re-tailored Dockers Shoes: Carlo Mazzanti (A quite unknown Italian shoemaker) Pocket square: Unknown brand, got it from my grandmother a while back. Might have been my grandad's when he was still alive. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Wow. Your fit and outfit combo is fantastic. I applaud you, especially with this being only your second post.
    [​IMG]
    Haven't seen light jeans done in a while. Nice!

12. wannabe

wannabe Senior member

Alright, so here's my post. Haven't posted in a while, and haven't really gotten new clothes since then, but I'm working on it! Yes, the pants are a bit short, and the sportcoat shoulder pads are too big. Will altering the shoulder pads affect the sportcoat in any way besides sleeve length? Damn, the glare was bad this afternoon. [​IMG] Navy C&T blacer. Light Blue Express shirt. Red/gold/black vintage RL Chaps tie. Silver tie bar. Light Blue pocket square. Concrete Volcom chino. Light Blue/navy argyle socks. Brown Florsheim loafer.

13. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

4x1 is pretty classic...

14. wannabe

wannabe Senior member

4x1 is pretty classic...
    Hmm..really? A lot, if not all, of the men's DB suits I've seen are 6x2, while all the kid's DB suits I see are 4x1. I suppose this may be due to the shortness of kid's jackets, but then again, I've only been on SF for a little while. [​IMG]

15. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Hmm..really? A lot, if not all, of the men's DB suits I've seen are 6x2, while all the kid's DB suits I see are 4x1. I suppose this may be due to the shortness of kid's jackets, but then again, I've only been on SF for a little while. [​IMG]

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=67010

16. IST66

IST66 Senior member

17. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG]

Appealing color combination--just right for summer. The colorful pocket square, of which we have just a slight glimpse, adds the perfect touch.

18. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

19. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

My friend's wife came in 8th!

20. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Ok, second outfit that I post in this forum. Let me point out some of the flaws myself to spare you the time:

Yes, the jacket is a bit on the short side, as goes for the sleeves. It's an old favorite RL blazer that I don't want to depart from as of yet though...

I think it's time. It's a size or two too short in every dimension, and distracts from an otherwise well thought out look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.