• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hmmm. Well. If no poof in linen for thee, then you should steer clear of such prints for a linen hank.
teacha.gif

I sometimes puff my linen. Surprisingly enough the world does not explode when I do

Last edited:

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? What's not to like?

+1

I love it. Collar looks a little curly, but not enough to take away from how good it is.

I'm guessing the pink shirt and what looks like a solid silk hanky? I like it, though.

I don't recall seeing a single fit post from Braddock that could be considered anything of a miss. Some very solid stuff.

Ausgezeichnet :slayer:

i loved it.

Mission accomplished.

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

take 2 with this SC/tie combo.

Stich, I think the slightly wider leg opening on these trousers does wonders for the overall silhouette. Some of your other pants are rather aggressively tapered and that tend's to sometimes make you "top heavy". But these trousers :slayer:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's a failure (mostly due to the shirt-tie combo), but I'll poast just for fun
smile.gif

I'm gonna get a couple extra blue shirts right after work.

Last edited:

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

I probably shouldn't be commenting on a guy with +- 13,000 posts.. however.. Overall I like it including the colours but.. I will comment on what i see. The trouser legs would look better straight cut than flared, or straighten your knees. Jacket looks to be very long, far below your knuckles, maybe camera angle. Tie is far too long, hangs half way down your fly. Shirt collar is too big by about 2 sizes. I notice you have tightened it to lose the gap but the collar blades criss crossing does not look so good. and of course a "cream puff" basic or cream/brown/rust/maroon patterned puff PS would go so well with the colours in the stripes in your SC.
Anyone can comment on anyone here, don't worry about that. :) The trousers are not flared, but they aren't tapered, either. I think a slight taper + cuff would do wonders for them. The jacket is not too long - mirror/camera angle. The shirt collar is a bit large... it was a purchase from some time ago when my neck was a bit thicker. Maybe donation time?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mission accomplished.

lol, i figured that was your agenda.

Very nice, Stitchy.

thanks, shugz!

Stitchy, I can't decide if I like the tie matching the overcheck in the SC. I'm leaning towards no, but it's borderline.
I'm also not a huge fan of self stripe shirts like that, but this one is so fine that it could sneak in over the line. It looks totally fine in all but the most closeup shot.
I like the brown trousers with the SC, and I have to say, whether it's the coat itself or the angle of the photo, this coat appears to fit you better than most, particularly in length. Very nice coat, and nice pairing with the trousers.

i like the matching. sometimes a little bit is good. i have seen such from the best around here even. also, its not really a self stripe, its a fine herringbone. anyhow horses for courses.

thanks for teh kind words. regarding the photo, i got my wife to take a few so the pic could be taken at a higher angle, and yes, it indeed looks way better. glad you noticed. :)

i like it stitch. Jacket fit is tops on this. welldunson.

thanks!!

Stich, I think the slightly wider leg opening on these trousers does wonders for the overall silhouette. Some of your other pants are rather aggressively tapered and that tend's to sometimes make you "top heavy". But these trousers :slayer:

thanks, man! much appreciated. most of my trousers are like this. its really only the gray ones from yesterday that are not, but i wear them often. i just got a new pair of light gray trousers though, with a less aggressive taper, so they will be thrown in the mix too. yay new pants!!!

Just based on your color/pattern/texture combinations I'd say it is one of your best of late. As I always mention when I see those shoes, I would have gone with something else lol, but this is definitely a pairing I would wear.

thanks, man. these shoes rule. :slayer:

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stitches - I'm not usually a fan of your fits as our tastes are pretty different, but your footwear selection is always top notch.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitches - I'm not usually a fan of your fits as our tastes are pretty different, but your footwear selection is always top notch.

thank you kindly, sir!! very nice that you find something to compliment even though our styles differ. that means a lot.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, this is very true, these trousers work much better than the grey ones from yesterday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads