1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

In light of past couple of pages, I must say that, personally, I find this thread at its least enjoyable when it moves into the arcana of what styles are suitable for the thread and what are not. But then, I still think that this the thread was at its most interesting when it was one with the SW&D thread, before the Great (Forum) Schism.

Anyway, new suit today (Suitsupply Napoli); bought a few weeks or so ago but the first time I've got round to wearing it post-tailoring. I also have a slightly narrower navy pinstripe suit in a heavier material and technically, this one was bought to be more for summer as it's a lighter weight compared to some of the other items I've been wearing recently, but as the weather is fairly mild, it'll do good duty as a shoulder-season item when paired in a somewhat more autumnal way e.g. with this tie's colours. Mild the weather may be, but resolutely overcast too, so apologies for the grainy, over-adjusted photo:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    9 people like this.
  2. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

Those are pretty nice-looking trousers Timo, details?

3. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

Thanks for all the thumbs on yesterday's fit. I felt dead-tired this morning (not all that surprising with a three-week old in the house) and couldn't muster anything but the most basic outfit. When in doubt, just go with the classics, I guess :)

[​IMG]

Details:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22 people like this.
  4. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Blue oxford: most versatile shirting?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Last one is today.)

14 people like this.
  5. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Nice coat, Tirailleur. Have you thought of swapping the buttons for something more interesting?

6. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Accessories up top say Easter and below say Thanksgiving.

7. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

It's going to be in the 80's this afternoon, and it's October in NYC - the weather's schizo, so shouldn't my attire be as well? :satisfied:

1 person likes this.
  8. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

Agree, though I struggle to find a blue that's not that greenish-blue (sky) but rather greyish/pale. Yours looks great, is it RTW or custom made?

9. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

NOBD - very nice.

people who rock the hizzle: pingson.

thanks for all the thumbs yesterday, gents!

10. Roy Al

Roy Al Senior member

Tuesday in the treadmill.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I see. Color Me Badd was on your early playlist right?

Based on this, I would say that you are absolutely in the wrong forum if you are actually looking for advice. People will try to push you towards ancient madder ties and gently rolled button down collars. There is a peacock thread, and also streetwear. You may get some better, ahem less classic, feedback there. My 2 cents.

12. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

EDIT: Oh, and THANKS FOR ALL THE THUMBS YESTERDAY!!
    Agree. And I took the same weather-defying approach myself -- though mine is partially driven by the fact that the SC will sell on Ebay this week, and I wanted to use it one last time.. Love the shoes, Crust. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] Paul Stuart/Samuelsohn (Yes, I'm aware the lapels are pretty wide.) Hawes & Curtis BBBF Angus MacBain Allen Edmonds belt (not shown) Brooks mainline Panthy Vintage Lloyd & Haig v cleat shell PTBs. I don't know how all you shell wearers keep your shoes so crease free. I brushed these literally for an hour on the trees, and wore them DOWN THE STAIRS and they looked like this.

7 people like this.
  13. DonCologne

DonCologne Senior member

Day two in my 14 days challenge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I made the pics I get in conversation with a professionel photograph, who was so friedly and made some pics of me with his equipment. In the evening I post this as bonus and I think you can see the importance of the quality of the pics for the evaluation of a fit.

14 people like this.
  14. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

Okay, I am sure you all are sick of seeing this suit...'cus I am too. [​IMG]My apologies but I am trying to get the best combo down for this suit. So...let the INQUISITION begin!
    Zegna Torino cut Suit (Trefeo)
    Zegna Milano cut pale blue shirt
    Sam Hober six-fold grenade red (red) tie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10 people like this.
  15. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Yo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rudals, I thought you worked in guv'ment, why are you wearing a suit on your furlough day?

7 people like this.
  16. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

Donuts, I don't work for the feds! I work for...I can't say where I work 'cus...I just can't. Maybe I'll PM you if you really want to know.

17. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Very nice. Luxire?

Time to bust out the cashmere! Shoes are much darker brown than they look on the last two pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12 people like this.
  18. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Hey, you ought to, they're the fraternal twins of the shoes you wore yesterday. :) Seeing them with the dark blue vamp almost makes me wish that Tyrwhitt had them on display in that model when I was in the Jermyn St. store last May - it would have been interesting to compare them side-by-side.

19. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Rudals: IMO I don't think the suit is bad at all, I would use another tie and I, it's a preference of mine, don't like to wear blue with black. But the suit doesn't look bad.

Donuts: Great, great tie!

Monkeyface: Fantastic jacket!

1 person likes this.
  20. mimo

mimo Senior member

I meant to ask G-Mac about his shoes; thought they might be the Barker Cambridge. I have something similar en route, though not that one.

Rudals, I think that suit is so bright and in-your-face that it's the perfect counterbalance for that red tie. The whole thing is far from subtle, but it's fuck-you consistent. I think if you're in a bold mood, it rather suits you. Especially for national holidays. ;)

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.