1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Well-Known Member

2. rudals1281

rudals1281 Well-Known Member

Is that a Buffet, sir?

3. RDiaz

RDiaz Well-Known Member

clarinetplayer, is that a BB shirt? I've been trying on some today, but couldn't get the collars to roll at all - so disappointed [​IMG]

4. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Well-Known Member

Greatester
    Fit
    Evar

2 people like this.
  5. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

Stitchy, who makes that amazing tie?

6. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Well-Known Member

No I didn't

Greatester is one level higher than greater
    Which means you have broken all kinds of sartorial planes.

Ans evar is way more evalasting than ever
    You
    Got
    The
    Juice
    Now
    Kid

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    4 people like this.
  7. clarinetplayer

This shirt is a J. Press

1 person likes this.
  8. clarinetplayer

Yes, it is a Buffet.

“Everyone discovers their own way of destroying themselves, and some people choose the clarinet.” Kalman Opperman, 1919-2010

2 people like this.
  9. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

It is of the Isaia 7 fold variety. :)

10. DonCologne

DonCologne Well-Known Member

I think with your sarcasm you helped either yourself nor mickael. He dresses himself like I would never do. He seems satisfied with his style and I think the problem between Mickael and many of the members here is, that we have the focus on the classic menswear aspect and he has the focus more on the fashion aspect. Nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with being a little bit more tolerant.
    And many people here can learn something from Mickael: He is authentically and his outfits are consistently and he takes the hostilities like a gentleman.

5 people like this.
  11. clapeyron

clapeyron Well-Known Member

Don, if there was only one person around here with an appreciation for inspired classic menswear outfits with twists it would most likely be Tirailleur. Just check out how he dresses himself:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mickaels outfit, however, in its flashiness was and is objectively tasteless from every point of view. I'd suggest Mickael and for that matter everybody, especially new members, should take a look at this thread for inspiration; if only to appease to this tough crowd.

You will find that this forum caters to both classic menswear aficionados (hence the title of this subforum) as well as the more fashion forward crowd over at streetwear and denim (cliquez ici). It will also help improve your English.

7 people like this.
  12. in stitches

News flash. The US govt does not sponsor SF. This is not "no style left behind."

While there is certainly an appreciation for a breadth of styles here, there are also some things that fall outside the lines of what is considered "good" in these halls.

Thats not going to change. Nor should it.

If you can't see that, I don't know what to say really. I believe, as the kids on the Internet kids are saying, "deal with it.gif."

2 people like this.
  13. Westpointkappa

Westpointkappa Well-Known Member

14. Claghorn

Mikael, if you want to successfully move your look towards the admittedly narrow field of aesthetics held dear on this side of the forum, this is the place. However, it doesn't seem like you really care to make any changes in how you dress, in which case, we have to wonder why exactly you are posting pictures of yourself here? If it is merely to show what you are wearing, there is no problem with that, but you'll get an honest reaction. If people don't like what you are wearing, they will say so. Nobody is jealous. It is possible to dislike something for reasons other than envy.

If you posted on the younger, more fashion forward section of this site (Streetwear & Denim, which focuses more on the artistic aspects of clothes rather than the tradition), you would have received much worse than you received here.

But honestly, stay. And continue posting pictures (of a larger size). And discuss why you made the choices you made in what you wear. But be willing to acknowledge the possibility that you could have done better.

4 people like this.
  15. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Well-Known Member

This. Hang in there, Mickael. This thread is very useful as a tool for dressing better, but it only works as such if you are prepared to accept the critiques of your fits. Now, nobody at this point has tackled your last outfit, which is quite different from the first two. So I'll try.

[​IMG]

Can't tell if it's a suit - I think it is but the pic is underexposed. Thin lapels don't get a lot of love here, but that's a stylistic choice. But the shirt collar doesn't work with those lapels at all. Plus it seems the two parts of the collar are sitting too close together - perhaps the tie is cinched too tight, and that may in turn be because the collar is too big for your neck.

The tie is quite nice as a stand-alone, and it's the correct width for the suit lapels, but the knot you have tied doesn't do it any favours. The tie just looks like a straight vertical band up to the collar. Cinch it tighter and it would pop much more.

Apart from that, a nice effort and I would wear it!

You dress with a lot of personal style and I think you will have a great future on this thread if you adapt your fits to the criticisms you receive. This may strike you as pointless but I assure you, it's not. Cheers!

16. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Well-Known Member

Theo (if I may), you know I'm a great admirer of your style, but I'm not feeling that particular shirt with the rest of the ensemble.

Mickael, welcome to the forum. Everyone takes a bit of a knocking here when they first arrive - I think it's clear that people recognize that you have a certain look (whether they like it or not), and no-one has been realluy rude to you, only in one case somewhat sarcastic but even that sarcasm contains a kernel of a compliment.

However, you've been a a bit rude yourself: for example, claiming that Tirailleur doesn't know how to dress, quite frankly, shows a lack of knowledge and appreciation for the variety of what can work within a classic menswear framework - which is ironic, considering that is what you are accusing others of here. If you are looking for constructive critique and pointers to improve your style (which you certainly didn't seem to be asking for at first), and not just trying to show off and tell everyone how much better you are than everyone else here, then I would suggest that you can't predefine what critiques you are prepared to listen to. Better pictures would also help. Instagrammed shots might be fine for display but they aren't much good for seeing detail or accurate colours and textures.

This side of the forum adheres to certain basic standards of classic menswear, despite the variation (and there is a lot as In Stitches has said). I only post a small percentage of what I wear here for that same reason - I don't expect this particular forum to approve of everything I wear. The nearest poster I can think we've had here to what you are trying to do was LabelKing, who was (eventually) much admired, if not legendary - you might want to look up his fits for some inspiration, and yes there have been other musicians and entertainers. If you are really insisting on a completely different way of doing things, then there is a streetwear suits thread in SW&D, which might be more to your liking.

3 people like this.
  17. Claghorn

Generally, you'll want the collar points of your shirt to rest comfortably under your jacket lapels. The exception to this would be button down collars, which I sense would definitely not be your style.

Not a big fan of skinny ties (anything under 3 inches), but I understand that the narrow lapel necessitates them. That tie, however, seems a bit odd. There's zero widening or tapering on it, which is a bit unusual.

+1 to checking out LabelKing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Well-Known Member

Mickael - No offense, but my first thought when I saw you was a scene from the movie Eurotrip when the characters were in Belgravia, and the locals were just then getting Miami Vice on TV, The movie was set around 2003. So now I wonder, what sort of entertainment are you in to dress as you do?

1 person likes this.
  19. in stitches

ITT: I hold back my rants.

5 people like this.
  20. loanshark

loanshark Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

But in some weird way that look may work for you

Thread Status: