1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonCologne

DonCologne Senior member

I have ~40 shirts with french cuff and ~10 shirts with barrel cuffs. So when I use a FC shirt for an informal look, I use silk knots instead of real cuffs. Here in Germany FC shirts get out of line for both looks, business and leisure-time.

1 person likes this.
  2. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

When I move back to Texas (being from Houston), I plan on stocking up on as many linen jackets as possible.

They're fast but not that fast. It'll be at least 3 weeks. Shame your layover isn't longer; there are some solid bars in Incheon. I'd swing by for a drink if you had time to get through immigration and back. Yes.

He's imitating a younger girl (as he is using the feminine form of "big brother") telling me I look cool.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    3 people like this.
  3. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

[​IMG]
    Centofanti
    Massimo Dutti
    PRL
    Alden

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  4. Alphaneilstyle

Alphaneilstyle Member

thanks for the tip monkey face! i'll probably lose some sleep tonight about posting in the wrong thread ;)

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

"Brother Brother, nifty-fly", according to the interwebs. I assume there's some context I'm missing; I'm not entirely certain I want to know what...

New suit (Suitsupply Soho). The stripe is ochre-ish, so I went against a strong ingrained preference for black shoes with navy suits and wore a reddish-brown pair. I find the leg opening a bit too narrow compared to my personal ideal, but overall, I'm pleased to have a different style option in the wardrobe:

[​IMG]

24 people like this.
  6. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I was wondering when you were going to post that one! It looks great on you, and the fit is spot on, even the leg opening. I understand you feel they're too wide, but it does have a slimming effect on you. Together with the DB it makes for an athletic silhouette.
    What's up with the pics though, the quality seems different from usual?

7. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

patrickBOOTH, would you mind sharing a picture of your black shoes in wurger's black cap toe thread?
    I know you are a black shoe lover and I'd love to see what the shoes in your rotation are.

8. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

Mission accomplished. LOL

9. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

That's...probably doable. It's all about speed in Korea...even the men in bedroom.

1 person likes this.
  10. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

Basically, I was trying to creep out CLAGHORN by saying that he looks fine by saying it as if I was a Korean girl. Mission accomplished. By the way, I get that a lot from girls [​IMG]

11. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Looks pretty similar to usual to me; maybe a bit grainier. Generally, my photos get progressively worse in A/W because the natural lighting is worse. If I use the flash or interior lights, the colours get all screwed up, so instead I jack up the gamma afterwards. That usually means photos are grainier, until Spring returns again. Sorry!

As for the leg opening, visually I think it looks nice when I'm still. But the narrower opening has a tendency to potentially catch on the shoe, which is marginally annoying. Having said that, I didn't really notice any of that today (but I was wearing monks, so no laces to catch against the fabric). Overall, as I said, I'm happy with it! And thanks!

12. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

No worries, they're still infinitely better than my pictures. From what I've seen so far, the Soho is a very flattering cut, it looks good on almost anyone. I already own 2 soho suits and 1 jacket, and I wouldn't mind getting more.

1 person likes this.
  13. Ebonyman

Ebonyman Senior member

Nice fit HF! I went with a blue pinstripe today as well. There is something about the way that this suit fits that is a bit off to me. Any suggestions on what alterations it might require?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Sleeves are too long, but I'm sure you know that. It seems like it's too small in chest, and perhaps a little bit in the waist as well. The waist you can alter, the chest is going to be difficult.

1 person likes this.
  15. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

That is one terrible translation...

16. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

But these that I am wearing right now aren't captoes.

17. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Well, you own at least one pair of cap toes, right?
    I don't think wurger would mind having a picture of another cap toe, even if it is along the sides of other black shoes.
    Especially if there are some unique and plenty of well made shoes among them, which is what I expect your rotation to look like.

18. Ebonyman

Ebonyman Senior member

Thanks MF. Yes, the sleeves are an inch or so too long. I seem to have the check area pointed out to me in a lot of my fits, Maybe I should ease off all the bench pressing and do more cardio!

2 people like this.
  19. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

Kind of a crappy photo today as the lighting was very flat this afternoon. I had been in an all-day meeting and felt rather drained, so I coulndn't muster the energy to fiddle around with the camera to get better photos.

As a side note, I am constantly amazed by this Vanda tie, it's made out of the most awesome repp silk I have ever experienced. I swear it must be bullet-proof... :slayer:

[​IMG]

Details:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21 people like this.
  20. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Pingson, you never fail to amaze me, fantastic outfit.
    Please keep on sharing outfits with us, it's a pleasure to learn from you.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.