• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamson

Reaction score

Feeling slightly shabby after big O's stonking effort, but still...
Wanted try dark grey trousers with this jacket. On balance, I think my lighter grey ones work better. This combination seems a bit, well, "dowdy" I suppose is the right word. I wondered if the brightness of the jumper & square, and the boldness of the check in the jacket, would mitigate that enough for it to work, but the photo suggests "not really". OK, but unremarkable. Worth the experiment though.

Pleasantly restrained, I think - not dowdy.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

My initiation post...

Drapers Cashmere / Silk Gun Club Fabric, Wingtip MTM
- A little tight in the chest
- Sleeve length needs a little work​

Cego White Shirt
Stark & Sons Navy Genadine
Raleigh Denim Jeans
Chocolate Suede Alfred Sargent Captoes
Navy Cashmere Palatino OTC Socks (product development ;) )

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NOBD, I will admit grudgingly that you look fantastic today.  If you would just kindly **** off to streetwear. :rolleyes:   (P.S where are those nice chukkas from?)

I won't tell you now.

Loake Kempton.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
don't think its the pents that are an issue with this outfit as much as it is that thing that is choking you.

On today of all days, I prefer to think of it as the jumper showing off its passionate love for me.
tongue.gif

(fwiw, on a more serious note, it doesn't feel tight at all around the neck)

Septimus

Reaction score

IMG_1820.jpg
IMG_1821.jpg
IMG_1822.jpg

BB Makers jacket
BBGF shirt
Rubinacci tie
BB Milano trou
Alden for BB shell LHS

After my two recent failures (featuring a camel coat and a striped blue shirt), I guess it's good to see how it should be done!

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will need to go to Fashion Week for a uni project. I thought of something that has enough black in it, but at the same time not really....

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I won't tell you now.

Loake Kempton.

I don't know how you did that but it was terribly clever!

Loake might not be a very flash brand in this company, but I have a couple of pairs that have served me well for years, and also a cheap Indian-made one I got recently that's giving me a lot of pleasure: same last as your Kemptons actually; might have to have some. Thanks for the tip, and I promise no more cursing. :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know how you did that but it was terribly clever!

COLOR=white]like this. just add a "[" to the begining. [/COLOR]

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, Steekjes. I use the other editor because I can't stand the so-called WYSIWYG editor, and had to use hex code!

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Fantastic sleeves on yours, Clag, where's it from?
Oxxford. I really like the shoulders on it.

I'm having a hard time in general with both that pocketsquare (herringbone wool) and that tie.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Stich, jacket looks a tad bit short? Maybe it is the angle of the photo, but I often get the impression you should wear your jackets slightly longer...

Jacket isn't too short; pants have insufficient rise. The belt buckle gives it away.

Stitchy, I think this is how you should wear this jacket. White shirt, black (super dark navy?) tie. If I couldn't see your belt buckle, this would get a solid One Graybeard
2122.png
. I still want you to consider sizing down your socks, though. We shouldn't see that much of the heel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads