1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kulata

kulata Senior member

FTFY

2. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I agree with John, the tie bar is a little low. It's a moot point though, as you really shouldn't wear a tie bar with such a flashy tie. You also tied your tie too long, which is not a good look when you're wearing a tie bar. That button down collar is horrendous. Get an OCBD with more tie space and collar roll if you're going to wear it with a tie, or wear this one without a tie.

3. Ebonyman

Ebonyman Senior member

Off to see the in laws.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

x INFINITY

i need some pants like that for this F/W season. maybe will kop next month.

--

so many great fits the past 3 days, gents. very nicely done. :slayer:

5. Mattia

Mattia Member

+1...ditch the tie bar with this tie. I'd probably scale back on the amount of red in the pocket square, but I tend to dress a bit on the conservative side. The shoe and pants combo look nice with the color of the jacket.

6. Westpointkappa

Westpointkappa Well-Known Member

7. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Yeah, I don't think his outfit is nearly as bad as some of the previous comments implied, but I'd definitely lose that tie.

8. the shah

the shah Senior member

got a new suit :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    also went to check out this robe, aw13 look11, it's quite regal and with a price to match heh

[​IMG]

yohji yamamoto Y's for men dark grey striped suit in rayon/wool blend, thick and soft with nice drape
    ute ploeir ss12 linen bag
    vintage oliver peoples
    reinhard plank wool
    uniqlo tee
    converse

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
    13 people like this.
  9. chiron

chiron Senior member

Who makes the jacket?

10. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Great look, shah. That purple robe is srs bsns.

11. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

I didn't want to stink up the SWD thread so I held my tongue, but now that we're over here, I must say I don't get the robe thing brewing over there. I like the suit, though.

2 people like this.
  12. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Cue the "classic and timeless" rants.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  13. Ivar

Ivar Senior member

Not from me. That's one of the best outfits in a good while.

1 person likes this.
  14. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

I love the bag. Wouldn't work with what I generally wear. Probably wouldn't work with who I am. But I love it nonetheless.

1 person likes this.
  15. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

This thread has been so strange as of late (not talking about shah's suit, kind of like it, wish the trousers were about an inch longer though).

16. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

There are some looks I love in theory, wish I could wear myself and know that the rest of my life (and build) is simply too different to be able to convincingly integrate them on a personal level. Robes (and similar stuff like cloaks) fall into that category. But damn, I think they look cool.

On a side note, acubed82's outfit doesn't work, not through any one piece or detail, but because the overall visual effect created in the eye of the beholder is of someone in lower-middle management desperately trying to look a bit different and eye-catching. Whether that is or isn't the case is totally beside the point; that just isn't the kind of visual effect anyone would possibly want to create. It's doubly unlucky for him when the outfit is placed in such close proximity to something truly different & eye-catching (albeit in an expected & stylised way) like the Yohji stuff.

Most of us in this subforum have the kinds of lifestyle where a full-on look like unfortunately won't fly (not least to our own sense of identity), so we have to define a visual aesthetic closer to who we are and what we do.

3 people like this.
  17. Ebonyman

Ebonyman Senior member

Jacket is by RLBL
    Pants are PRL

18. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

Quote: I think I see our next "crazy (blank)" challenge.

2 people like this.
  19. the shah

the shah Senior member

^ would be awesome

thanks for the kind words and thoughtful responses, fellas. it's all very relaxed and comfy--always my first priority

sugarbutch - please don't hold your tongue ! i agree with you a lot of the robes were weak. but this was several kilos of speckled sparkly purple wool massively oversized :p

20. Johnboy

Johnboy Senior member

Your age has everything to do with your, maturity, wisdom, social standing, perception, social norms et al, generally speaking, and thereby give me a better idea of who I am dealing with.

Your jacket more than covers your posterior and is too long, in fact, as I said originally: Jacket: is too big for you. Shoulders are too wide and jacket too long. Gorge is very high on the jacket too

A tie bar is primarily jewellery and not worn to keep one's tie from flapping. If it does it is a bonus, so wear it higher and show it off.

You asked for criticism, I gave it to you without being derogatory, and you don't like what you hear.. Oh well.. what was I saying earlier.. maturity, wisdom, perception (self in this instance)..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.