• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, I also think the shirt is too blue. In fact, most of the time it looks like Stitchy would benefit from lighter blue shirts, all I've seen are a bit too dark. But the jacket/tie/trousers combo looks great.

Last edited:

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really hope I can get 2-3 new ties next month... until then, you're gonna get tired of this one. I promise I won't post much anyways
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
I must say I'm rather envious of your trousers, I've been looking for a similar pair for quite some time. I have resigned to the fact that I will probably have to get a pair custom-made. However, yours look great, details?

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. They're MTM from my local tailor. Cloth is Holland & Sherry Viceroy woollen flannel, but I don't remember the exact swatch #.

They're actually a bit too tapered for my choice of double forward pleats, and if I were to do a robopose I'd look a bit like a carrot. I also need to remove the belt loops and add brace buttons, as I never wear them with a belt. Nevertheless I'm quite happy with them and the tapering issue will be fixed for future commissions
smile.gif

If you get trousers made from woollen flannel, make sure they're not very tapered, specially at the knees - they tend to bag when sitting for some time if they're too tight.

Last edited:

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hmmm... I do like how it doesn't fill the whole pocket width
confused.gif

It's sticking out too much, though.
I think it looks like midway erection. It's in pocket limbo. Imo You should either fully commit to the pocket square or you don't wear one.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure about the tie. Should I go tieless today?
Would normaly worn a navy grenadine but went with this wool tie today.
Full body shot is too dark. Colours are more accurate in the closeups.

I like the jacket. I would tuck in more the PS.
I really hope I can get 2-3 new ties next month... until then, you're gonna get tired of this one. I promise I won't post much anyways
lol8[1].gif

If you get bored of this tie, you can send it to Mexico!
nod[1].gif
I want a tie like that to use it with a shirt like that.

Estitches, I like the jacket a lot. I think that jacket fits you very well.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Absolutely love the tie (Hober grossa?)/pants/jacket combination. I have no idea what shirt would make it better (my gut says white oxford and my SF groupthink says "no"), but that shirt feels too blue.

Yea, I also think the shirt is too blue. In fact, most of the time it looks like Stitchy would benefit from lighter blue shirts, all I've seen are a bit too dark. But the jacket/tie/trousers combo looks great.

thanks, guys.

yes, the tie is hober grenadine grossa. good call, clags.

most of my blue shirts are on teh darker side. that was not intentional, just kinda happened. sadly, not something i really can work on right now. hard to buy more shirts when i have 30 or so, perfectly nice shirts, in the closet. maybe 1 or 2 solid, pattern-less light blues will be in my future, but not just yet.

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you. They're MTM from my local tailor. Cloth is Holland & Sherry Viceroy woollen flannel, but I don't remember the exact swatch #.

They're actually a bit too tapered for my choice of double forward pleats, and if I were to do a robopose I'd look a bit like a carrot. I also need to remove the belt loops and add brace buttons, as I never wear them with a belt. Nevertheless I'm quite happy with them and the tapering issue will be fixed for future commissions :)

If you get trousers made from woollen flannel, make sure they're not very tapered, specially at the knees - they tend to bag when sitting for some time if they're too tight.

Thanks for the info. They indeed looked far too good to be off-the-rack trousers. Will have to through with my plan of orderering a pair...

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
thanks, guys.

yes, the tie is hober grenadine grossa. good call, clags.

most of my blue shirts are on teh darker side. that was not intentional, just kinda happened. sadly, not something i really can work on right now. hard to buy more shirts when i have 30 or so, perfectly nice shirts, in the closet. maybe 1 or 2 solid, pattern-less light blues will be in my future, but not just yet.
I was thinking about getting a Sam Hober grenadine 6 fold. How much do they run for stitches?

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Stitch, you've lost your mind. That stripey shirt is like an alien at the dinner table. If it were white or solid light blue, that whole combo would be perfect. Every other bit is really easy on the eye. I'd say add a square but I'm scared it would fight with the shirt. :D

Clagz and Sr Diaz, seriously on form today - and Crusty the model of consistency, of course...

FillW

Reaction score
Not sure about the tie. Should I go tieless today?
Would normaly worn a navy grenadine but went with this wool tie today.
Full body shot is too dark. Colours are more accurate in the closeups.

The jacket looks a little short. IMO

Chico2007

Reaction score

I'm glad that at least someone appreciated it. It can be difficult to be a member of the hard sciences around here.

Not grey,(non-hard science coming->) but I can see how somebody might perceive it (or refer to it) as grey.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was thinking about getting a Sam Hober grenadine 6 fold. How much do they run for stitches?

first off, do it. hobers are the bomb.

i think the grenadines are 80, and its like an extra 30 for 6 fold. i not sure i would go 6 fold on the grossa though, that would be a really thick tie, would think it would certainly have to be unlined. ask david.

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

first off, do it. hobers are the bomb.

i think the grenadines are 80, and its like an extra 30 for 6 fold. i not sure i would go 6 fold on the grossa though, that would be a really thick tie, ask david.

Agreed, would be very thick. I don't have a Hober grenadine, but I do have a Kent Wang grenadine, which is just a normal 3-fold, and it's already a bit thicker than I'd like. I can't imagine someone making one 6-fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads