• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Its been a while ...

Good to see you back nii. Nice fit and kitchen.

pudman43

Reaction score

Hi there,

I bought it at the Bay store
Mine's from The Tie Bar, so I'm guessing yours is a nicer quality LOL. I did spot some knit ties at one of The Bay's here in Vancouver recently, good to see. J

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cold as ice Wednesday :

Zegna 100% cashmere SC
Tindari shirt
Versace degrade tie
Tom Ford pocket whale
Paul Smith skull links
Creed Aventus
Ralph Lauren flannel trou
A. Testoni black label

Last edited:

jasonmx3

Reaction score
New Summer Suit. (First pic I've ever posted on SF).

(1) Could anyone please tell me if there's anything in the suit that I should adjust/alter. I'm thinking of asking the tailor to make me another suit, so I'd like to know people's opinion on the fit and style.

(2) Would the black shoes I'm wearing be acceptable for this color suit (I know brown shoes would be better, but I was wondering if these black ones would work as well)?

Thanks!

PS. Please let me know if I should post this in another thread.

lysandar

Reaction score
Shorten jacket sleeve, shorten pants, maybe request that torso and pant legs be slimmed abit - albeit that depends on your physique

jasonmx3

Reaction score
I do agree about the torso and sleeves. I did mention this when I was fitting the Jacket at the tailor's. As for the pants, most of my pants are cut at this length (size) and I'm not sure I'd be comfortable if they were shorter (or slimmer). My legs are not exactly on the slim side.
mwink[1].gif

Do the shoes work? Thanks!

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Crying out for whiskey, chilli or burgundy shoes. Black just looks way too harsh against the warm mellow tone of the suit.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
... And while we're on, a blue shirt would look much better than white!:D

jasonmx3

Reaction score
Thanks. I guess black creates too much of a contrast. I was hoping to wear loafers, and my brown suede and burgundy are both lace-ups.

BTW, I was wearing a blue shirt in the first picture (with a white collar). Guess the lighting was not too good to show the colors.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Summer Suit. (First pic I've ever posted on SF).

(1) Could anyone please tell me if there's anything in the suit that I should adjust/alter. I'm thinking of asking the tailor to make me another suit, so I'd like to know people's opinion on the fit and style.

(2) Would the black shoes I'm wearing be acceptable for this color suit (I know brown shoes would be better, but I was wondering if these black ones would work as well)?

Thanks!

PS. Please let me know if I should post this in another thread.

Shorten the sleeves by about 0.5 inches and also shorten the trousers (they have a quite narrow leg opening, so they need less break) but don't touch anything else. The jacket has very clean lines and if you make it slimmer you will probably ruin it.

If this is bespoke/mtm, next time ask for a bit wider lapels, if you can. They aren't bad as is, but I think they would look better with more meat.

I also suggest wearing your pants a little higher in the back to get rid of the wrinkles in the back of your thighs.

I'd say don't wear it with black shoes.

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guise, some awesome stuff here lately.
sos about the pics

Porter & Harding Glenroyal 13oz
BB OCBD
Henry Carter 7 fold
Drakes
Vass London 3 eye

Last edited:

twistoffat

Reaction score
Beautiful suit Pliny!. Quick question. I´m noticing that a lot of guys here are starting to wear shirts with what I can only describe as Karl Lagerfeld collars. The small tie knot disappear in the collar. Is the collar size a new trend and if so would a double windsor not fill it out more appropriately?

Last edited:

jasonmx3

Reaction score
Shorten the sleeves by about 0.5 inches and also shorten the trousers (they have a quite narrow leg opening, so they need less break) but don't touch anything else. The jacket has very clean lines and if you make it slimmer you will probably ruin it.

If this is bespoke/mtm, next time ask for a bit wider lapels, if you can. They aren't bad as is, but I think they would look better with more meat.

I also suggest wearing your pants a little higher in the back to get rid of the wrinkles in the back of your thighs.

I'd say don't wear it with black shoes.

Thank you for the detailed comments. Appreciate it. I'll have the sleeves shortened asap and talk to the tailor about shortening the pants (never really had anything shorter than these before).

The suit is MTM, and I sort of chose the thinner lapels as they seem to be more "trendy". Will go wider for my next suit.

And I didn't know that about the pants. I'll do that!

SeamasterLux

Reaction score
Good morning gentlemen,

Today, we have an outfit I take out once a year due to a round lapel buttonhole (seemed a bit unusual from the start when I got it 3 years ago even if Smalto started doing the same on its SS 2013 main line).

MTM suit hand made by David Diagne
MTM shirt by Tailormail
Drakes cashmere tie
Charvet PS

P.S.: sorry for the mess, the apartment is being reorganized...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads