• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Triple pattern-mixing...and very well done! Muy Bueno!

Thanks a lot Mr. Daniels!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Let me reiterate the concept which I have made plain in these forums before, that the Internet is not television - the contributors make the content. If you want to change the content - be the content that you want to see. If you don't like the pictures that you see, post your own, and show us all how it's done. Otherwise, to quote another long-time poster no longer posting here, mbreinin - "Shut the **** up".

upr_crust dishes out ether with such grace...

Funny thing about nostalgia is that we do not remember the flubs or bad times. We like believing that all was great during the vox era when in fact that the state of emergency that Benjamin points out was probably echoed in the past as well. I mean all you need to do is check FNB and see what I mean.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we lost more good members due to Fit Nazism more than anything else. Remember the perfection of TC's fits? And then people would swear that the fit was a quarter centimeter off on the left side of the waist...

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's southern style done well.

Flannel + gingham would be a little :uhoh: if it weren't for the fact that you kept everything else very conservative - block stripe tie, white linen square.

And the patch pockets bump it up from good to really good.

:fistbump:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep a spare white shirt in my office specifically for this reason. Though, after it happened to me once, and I have the shirt there in case now, it will probably never happen again.

Since the day I spilled an entire magenta toner cartridge over a pair of new MTM flannel pants, I keep a stain removal spray and a brush at the office. It saved the pants. And gets coffee stains out of shirts like nothing
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

The pink pants were funny, though. Maybe I should have kept them
tounge.gif

Last edited:

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Let me reiterate the concept which I have made plain in these forums before, that the Internet is not television - the contributors make the content. If you want to change the content - be the content that you want to see. If you don't like the pictures that you see, post your own, and show us all how it's done. Otherwise, to quote another long-time poster no longer posting here, mbreinin - "Shut the **** up".

Sure, here:

And to quote another long-time poster no longer posting here, mbreinin - "Shut the **** up." And from a long time poster that still posts here, benjamin831 - "post better fits."

Last edited:

manchambo

Reaction score

There's a guy in my office who has literally a closet full of suits in the office. I should also mention that in the 5 years that I have known him I think I have seen him wear a suit about 3 times.

I disagree with this approach. I'm pretty much always looking for an excuse to go home, so I actually look forward to spilling on myself.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See, it wasn't that hard, and that's a great fit. I wish you were wearing socks there, but everything else looks good - hard to complain at all...

Is that tie a Hober madder, and may I ask who makes the braces?

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Sure, here:

And to quote another long-time poster no longer posting here, mbreinin - "Shut the **** up." And from a long time poster that still posts here, benjamin831 - "post better fits."

Nice. I do feel compelled to note, though, that we are unable to judge the fit of this fit due to the pose... :)

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look at me, setting up my tripod -- still taking a semi-lousy picture. No-name brown flannel (It feels like camel hair, but IDK) jacket with patch & flap pockets. LE tatersall shirt, blue cords from some mall brand, burg longwings. Pants a little short. Does the square work? I'd like a second opinion on the jacket fit, as well.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Couple of thoughts:
a) I followed the link. AAAC has a lot less "Does this fit look ok?" posts than we do. This makes me sad.
b) oh ****, crust took off his gloves
c) and benjamin responded with a great fit

I'm nowhere near the worlds greatest poster, but I really could do with less "does this look ok?" posts...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Look at me, setting up my tripod -- still taking a semi-lousy picture. No-name brown flannel (It feels like camel hair, but IDK) jacket with patch & flap pockets. LE tatersall shirt, blue cords from some mall brand, burg longwings. Pants a little short. Does the square work? I'd like a second opinion on the jacket fit, as well.
You gotta iron the shirt. The hank doesn't work, IMO. The cords look too short. Maybe with a smaller leg opening, you could get away with that length, but not as-is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads