• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well I agree that they are awesome but it it takes over your outfit and doesn´t do the shoes justice.

fair enough, but i still like it. :)

Back in the office after a week of working from home, sick.

IMG_1587.jpg
IMG_1590.jpg
IMG_1591.jpg

Samuelsohn suit
BBGF shirt
Austin Reed tie
Faconnable square
AE boots
Bespoke coffee stains, courtesy of the giant new pothole on my morning commute.

looking good (fit, not stain), glad you are feeling better.

Sick for a week, worked from home, finally back to the office, and a coffee spill on the way? Kudos to you for managing a small smile, sir.

this. i would have serious rage face after that.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I was just quoting George Costanza in case you missed that reference.

But to answer your question, I hate two button collar bands. I blame in equal amounts my love for thick buttons and my lack of fine motor skills for this. The small buttons on my shirts are usually 14 ligne x 3,5mm. those are a pain in the hindquarters to button close next too each other. My collar band would leave enough space for two small buttons, since I too belong to the cervixes longiusculus, but I always opt for a regular big one; the fastened tie does the rest.

but yeah, judging collar preferences without knowing the shape of the corresponding face is rather pointless.

[/quote]

FWIW, my buttons are 5mm thick and I still manage! I am a trooper.

jobro

Reaction score

IMG_1587.jpg
IMG_1590.jpg
IMG_1591.jpg
Samuelsohn suit
BBGF shirt
Austin Reed tie
Faconnable square
AE boots

I keep a spare white shirt in my office specifically for this reason. Though, after it happened to me once, and I have the shirt there in case now, it will probably never happen again.

Last edited:

manchambo

Reaction score
Onl
I keep a spare white shirt in my office specifically for this reason. Though, after it happened to me once, and I have the shirt there in case now, it will probably never happen again.

Only one? Don Draper has a whole drawer full.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There's a guy in my office who has literally a closet full of suits in the office. I should also mention that in the 5 years that I have known him I think I have seen him wear a suit about 3 times.

FillW

Reaction score

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

Samuelsohn suit
BBGF shirt
Austin Reed tie
Faconnable square
AE boots

Looking good- hope the stains come out OK!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

There's a guy in my office who has literally a closet full of suits in the office. I should also mention that in the 5 years that I have known him I think I have seen him wear a suit about 3 times.

Maybe he's worried that if he wears a suit you'll grab his crotch, too? :confused:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know, the skinny-legged ball hugging chinos he wears are much more appropriate for such a thing.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your younger and shorter brother wants his blazer back.

I disagree with this comment. If anything, I noticed that the right shoulder overhangs a smidge. So the younger brother has one wider shoulder? I don't think the length is bad. In a super conservative/classical sense, maybe. But for a casual jacket, the length is modern. How open the quarters are is a taste preference in my mind. Perhaps these being so open and showing the sweater makes it appear smaller.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I disagree with this comment. If anything, I noticed that the right shoulder overhangs a smidge. So the younger brother has one wider shoulder? I don't think the length is bad. In a super conservative/classical sense, maybe. But for a casual jacket, the length is modern. How open the quarters are is a taste preference in my mind. Perhaps these being so open and showing the sweater makes it appear smaller.

Ignore him, he's a troll.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads