• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
today´s effort...

Very nice. Keeping it simple almost always guarantees looking good
smile.gif

Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Clags: you're cool and all, but that suit pattern is really not to my taste. I have absolutely no idea what would look good with it. Perhaps a casual black tie and white shirt? Maybe?

Stitchy: the remixed outfit is loads better IMO.

Since SF is currently on a greatcoat(-ish) kick, and it remains freezing cold enough to wear it, my RTW contribution. When I first got it some years ago, I was in two minds about shortening it to the kind of length Foo's is, or keeping it long. I think I may have posted a thread on SF about that. Anyway, I'm glad I kept it mid-calf even if it's not necessarily the most traditional or most flattering from some angles (e.g. from behind), as I think it does retain a little bit more warmth as a result. I would have liked turnback cuffs, but sadly, it was not to be. But I'm still very fond of it.

Last edited:

driftking

Reaction score

Good morning Sirs, Caruso MTM suit by Oger (not at my measures, purchased on SF and then altered) Finnamore shirt Navy Grenadine Tie by Artling Patek Philippe Nautilus watch Shoes are Carmina rain last in suede
A distant cousin..,,

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Clags: you're cool and all, but that suit pattern is really not to my taste. I have absolutely no idea what would look good with it. Perhaps a casual black tie and white shirt? Maybe?
You're cool, too! And by cool, I mean that I suspect we're both incredibly nerdy (but relatively socially well adjusted, which makes us the best sort of party guests).

It is a very, very weird pattern. I have a casual black tie from Rag and Bones coming in, and too many white shirts. This combination will be tried.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Datum: The baristas at my regular morning cafe found this outfit worthy of compliments. One was particularly struck by the tie. Go figure. Still, while I don't dress to elicit comments from them, I don't mind when attractive women like what I'm wearing. :)

I had a woman recently struck by my knit tie as well. Asked me what it was called, where I got it, what made it look the way it does, everything. Not sure what it is about knit ties that elicits such a response--I guess folks dont see them that often.

Of course, this woman was not overly attractive :D

ianGP

Reaction score
This just makes me want a new watch..... looking at some IWC vintage ingy's

No way I can swing a Patek right now......(ever) :embar:

ianGP

Reaction score

I had a woman recently struck by my knit tie as well. Asked me what it was called, where I got it, what made it look the way it does, everything. Not sure what it is about knit ties that elicits such a response--I guess folks dont see them that often.

Of course, this woman was not overly attractive :D

Pics or it didn't...... owait..... should've read it all.... n/m

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
I like the description of us. Probably right.

Another outfit idea for that suit: go very 1930s (something about the pattern & the style of the suit leans that way anyway). Think Indy when he's lecturing in class (actually, I think he wore a very similar suit in one of the movies, and paired it with a burgundy patterned bowtie and blue ?hairline-striped? shirt). I guess what I'm saying is that I wouldn't try to force it to look modern; it won't bend that way IMO. Go with its own flow. In a way, it's analogous to the 3pc flannel houndstooth I wore yesterday; there's no way I can wear that suit in a modern way; it's inherently old-fashioned.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The shoes ruin the continuity in this one. They are 100% casual, while everything else isn't--yes, even the jeans are someone smarter. Swap them for some brown suede, and it's all good.

Things to consider:

1) It's a sloppy weather day, thus the clunky boots
2) I'm wearing jeans
3) The jacket is a very casual cotton with a shortish, trendy cut
4) I'm wearing a knit tie
5) I don't own any suede shoes

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Things to consider:

1) It's a sloppy weather day, thus the clunky boots
2) I'm wearing jeans
3) The jacket is a very casual cotton with a shortish, trendy cut
4) I'm wearing a knit tie
5) I don't own any suede shoes

i think it works fine butch. personally i wouldve skipped the tie but thats just a personal preference. love the boots!

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like the description of us. Probably right.

Another outfit idea for that suit: go very 1930s (something about the pattern & the style of the suit leans that way anyway). Think Indy when he's lecturing in class (actually, I think he wore a very similar suit in one of the movies, and paired it with a burgundy patterned bowtie and blue ?hairline-striped? shirt). I guess what I'm saying is that I wouldn't try to force it to look modern; it won't bend that way IMO. Go with its own flow. In a way, it's analogous to the 3pc flannel houndstooth I wore yesterday; there's no way I can wear that suit in a modern way; it's inherently old-fashioned.

Do you think a tweedy bowtie would work?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm taking donations, Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads