1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

Thanks for all the thumbs up. It's nice to be back here again and will try to post more regularly.

Zegna cashmere, soft as a baby's bottom :happy:

I don't know. It feels like a repp, but the weave doesn't look like a true repp. Got it from Berg and Berg a few years ago, while they still were carrying 9 cm wide ties (they only sell 8cm wide ones now, and that makes me sad :( ). Still, it ties an awesome knot, perhaps the best tie I have in that respect..

Nope, I don't think that tie work here - in fact it's kind of hard to match such a tie at all, the dots are too big I think. I have a very similar tie myself, but it's been hanging in my closet unused for a long time.....

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

All my suits are RTW, not bespoke. I do not think these lapels are to the point where they're like Tom Ford's notorious suits. "Unnecessary?" Everyone's entitled to their opinion and my opinion is that they're just fine. I would've burned them on my grille if I felt that they "stood out" and were "unnecessary."

3. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

einfachen in a good way or in a bad way?

good luck.

--

great luck, pingson, nice to see back.

4. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

I like big dots and I...oh, wait.

5. Ebonyman

Ebonyman Senior member

LOL

6. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

Dude, no offense. I was genuinely wondering, because I can understand TF lapels, but see peaks as somewhat strange on such small lapels.

7. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

Oh no, no offense taken. I understand your critique but I don't think I just knew any better at the time I was purchasing this suit.

8. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Rudals didn't have a metldown from a critique... IT'S A MIRACLE.

just ribbing ya...
    I do agree the Peak lapels look strange. Perhaps it might be better if they were fully peaked.

2 people like this.
  9. DonCologne

DonCologne Senior member

Raffaele Caruso old cotton sports coat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  10. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Sun & showers today, but thankfully enough sun to justify another summery look. Also, it appears that this has turned into an unofficial knit tie week, with this being my third in a row...

[​IMG]

12 people like this.
  11. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

I am not a little girl anymore...LOL. I can take a hit or two now.

Like I said, I knew no better back when I bought this. I am really a rookie when it comes to suit and this whole thing. I didn't even know that your shirt collars had to touch or be underneath your jacket, that was just only like 2 months ago. I am learning a lot from SF. Just hope I don't make anymore costly mistakes. Does it look that bad? I have to wear it anyways so I am not gonna cry over it LOL.

12. Tirailleur1

I know an industry that would appreciate those talents...[​IMG]

13. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

How's that chain-link tie?

Kidding. I think it's a little too close to the color of the jacket. This fit would be great with a blue blazer (what fit wouldn't?). Either that, or change the tie.. that's my take.

The fit looks better than usual. Are you trying something different, or is it just the color playing a trick on my eyes?

14. Tirailleur1

I see you are racists towards knits and grenadines... hand this guy an extreme pirate radio show.

15. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

16. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

Now I gotya. I didn't even know those were peak at the time I was buying them. I was looking more at the fit and color of the suit. Guess I'll watch out next time. Thanks for pointing this out. I actually learned something here. Notch lapels on SB!
    http://www.blacklapel.com/thecompass/choosing-the-right-suit-lapel-for-you/

17. Louys

Louys Senior member

Holdfast, I've really enjoyed your lest few fits, especially the summer ones. While I know you've expressed a inclination in the past for longer and slightly fuller coats it seems to me like you've been reigning it in lately and I like the results. Who'd have figured that an Englishman would kill the summer fits? That being said, I agree with Jester, the grey tie could probably be improved upon here. Maybe a light blue is safe, though a knit it should remain.

18. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

I rarely have cause to wear a suit, but thought I'd put one on to welcome the new crop of students.
    In retrospect I should have worn a solid shirt.

[​IMG]

Zegna suit
    Barba shirt
    RLP tie
    no name PS
    Zegna shoes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  19. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Oh quite on the contrary. I love knits. I'm OK with Grenadines. I just don't fetishize them like a lot of people do. I think a fit with a grenadine could usually be done better with a little more thought in to using a different tie. But, to be fair, the chocolate grossa by SH is fucking excellent. Stitch does it best. The striped ones are really cool, too.

I LOVE knits. I will show you later this week when I get my camera and know how to work it. Watch the Friday Challenge thread, senor. I think the flat edge on the knit adds a lot of playfulness to the fit. I've currently got maybe 7 knits.. sold another 5 through Spoo since I decided I didn't like anything below 2.5" for knits. 2.75" being ideal.

1 person likes this.
  20. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

seajen - very nice.

HF - that is excellent. i really like this more boring look for you, but you wouldnt be you without your louder fits. glad you make room for both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.