• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This jacket is waay to tight. I really want to start over my coat collection now that I have concluded that excessively close fitting = not good...

Disclaimer: Crotch is doing weird things because these pants have double forward pleats and the extra material bunches up in this pose. I'm not smuggling potatoes.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's continued to be cold in NYC. On a brighter note, I've just gotten today's suit back from my alterations tailor for a little minor tweaking - 1/2 inch longer on the trousers and sleeves. I am well-pleased with the results.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - BB
Tie - Turnbull & Asser
Cufflinks - Simon Carter, via Fortnum & Mason
Braces - Lewin
Shoes - C & J Maltons
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - New & Lingwood
Hat - Seifter Associates

twistoffat

Reaction score
He should have steam ironed the turnups. The creases from where th eold turn up was are still visible. I can see it reflected in those highly polished shoes ;)

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's continued to be cold in NYC. On a brighter note, I've just gotten today's suit back from my alterations tailor for a little minor tweaking - 1/2 inch longer on the trousers and sleeves. I am well-pleased with the results.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - BB
Tie - Turnbull & Asser
Braces - Lewin
Shoes - C & J Maltons
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - New & Lingwood
Hat - Seifter Associates

Crust, I don't comment often on fits, but do follow and appreciate. This one is you, is one of my favorites, the cut of the suit is nice and seems to fit you great! I especially notice the difference in the sleeve and trouser tapper.

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good use of colour. Do I correctly detect a self check in the suit fabric, very subtle but adds great interest.

Yes, you are correct! Thank you very much!

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - BB
Tie - Turnbull & Asser
Braces - Lewin
Shoes - C & J Maltons
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - New & Lingwood
Hat - Seifter Associates

Great as usual, but this combo jumps of the page, it's awesome!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ that is a freaking cool ass coat ^^

Caustic Man - love that SC

How's the Milano fit around the lower waist (at mid-pocket height)?  Do you think they would take a stomach? I like how they taper. 

well, i have 2 pairs. before i explain further please everyone do not laugh at my fatness.

i too have a stomach, and "athletic" thighs. i got one pair in a size 38, that is my normal pants size, which i took out a tiny tiny bit, and i got another pair in dark gray in a size 40, that i had to take in at the waist about an inch and a half.

they both now fit the same in the waist, and although maybe the 38 technically fits me better, and looks great in pics, they really dont feel that awesome on my fat thighs and crotch area. the 40s however, look almost exactly the same, maybe dont look quite as nice in pics as the 38s, but feel so much better and are really really comfy. i would say if you are a little bigger in the gut/thighs, you are better off sizing up and then having a tailor take them in, and even maybe trim the width a tad if you want. just my experience.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

bu9yzesy.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads