1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Not sure I agree. Looks pretty classic to me, man. Looks like it fits pretty nice.

And I think, if it wasn't a button-down, it definitely should not be a strong cutaway.

2. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

That suit actually is blue...the lighting made distorted its color. I am wearing it today with a dark navy suit so it is good. Yes, I don't know why I still stick with silk. I've switched to TV fold but still, I'll try linen. Wow, no love for sky blue ties here LOL

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Thanks! The fit of the jacket isn't actually that great but for a casual jacket like seersucker, it's tolerable. Ideally, it'd be a bit narrower across the chest and ever so slightly shorter. But it is what it is. Which, since you asked, is RTW Ralph Lauren Polo. :)

4. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Oh, then I think I have tried on that very same jacket model. Unfortunately it was only available in regular length and the 42R was waaaay too long. Very nice silhouette though, and I think the extra chest room is nicely distributed, it doesn't look ill-fitting on you.

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Thank you; that's why I still keep it! It's an unusual size (37S) and was a much better fit when I first bought it years ago (I'm a 36S these days). I was lucky and found it in an outlet, going for a song, so couldn't resist. I never thought I'd wear it more than once or twice ever, but once you get over the fact you're wearing seersucker in England, it's versatile enough to trot out several times or more a year. Of course, I hardly need to sing seersucker's praises to you of all people! [​IMG]

BTW, thanks for all the thumbs-ups in such a short space of time; much appreciated!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  6. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

First day of school

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  7. McBindle

McBindle Well-Known Member

Thank you, so I am getting half way there! The critique on collar fit is helpful, I see what you mean now. I think I got the shoulder width right but something needs to be done about the collar. Any suggestions to tell my tailor? My shirt collar should probably be .5" less also. And yes, the trousers seem to flair from knee up (like a subtle jodhpur). I can't seem to get a smooth line from bottom of rise to knee. I have to get my trousers on point, a lot of sad fits in that department!

8. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10 people like this.
  9. Ebonyman

Ebonyman Senior member

Thanks for the feedback Mr. Daniels! I felt the need to make up for yesterday's poor showing.

1 person likes this.
  10. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Tie doesn't work IMO; it's the wrong shade of blue. Either go much darker blue, or go for a different colour (maybe dark brown, given the other colours in the look?).

11. McBindle

McBindle Well-Known Member

upr_crust - These shoes are fantastic. A relaxed take on the security guard motif. Some may have an issue with the white shirt but I think it is consistent with your overall style. The bow tie does a good job of framing your face and compliments the casual vibe created by the shoes.

Claghorn - These two fits look very comfortable. The second is a nice iteration of the blue odd jacket. The second fit also has nice balance of grey and blue tone - neither is oversaturated compared to the other. My favorite characteristic of these two is the roll on lapels and the figure eight of lapel and quarters on the grey suit.

Claghorn - These two fits look very comfortable. The second is a nice iteration of the blue odd jacket. The second fit also has nice balance of grey and blue tone - neither is oversaturated compared to the other. My favorite characteristic of these two is the roll on lapels and the figure eight of lapel and quarters on the grey suit.
    EFV - Very nice! Are those patch pockets? Height of collar is well done and the spread of shirt collar to lapel and the harmony to the notch height is nice. I'm with mrjester on the square (maybe something with a powder blue in it?) but still works.
    Murlsquirl - You made a good call on the plain toe derbys. More embellishment may have overwhelmed the overall excellent pattern play. The shirt is really bold so a bold shoe would have been too much for the eye to focus on.

1 person likes this.
  12. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Cheers men!

You don't like it at all or just in this context? I like it, but can agree that it would perhaps work better with something else.

lol, cheers!

Thanks man!
    Indeedo, I found a barber that actually listened to my instructions.

Cheers, that quite the compliment! Suit is from Luigi Bianchi.

Thank you HF! I have the same notion about certain items that look really awesome imho, but not on me (e.g. penny loafers, fedoras etc etc)

Thank you! Yep, patch pockets. As i started thinking about it I think something that caught more of the colours in the rest of the fit would have worked better. This square will be worn with more monochrome (grey-ish) fits in the future. I just felt like wearing that PS today though (the danger of new acquisitions, you wanna wear them with everything).

13. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

diaz and EFV, CRUSHING IT!!!!

1 person likes this.
  14. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

I don't think I like it at all. It looks like chocolate swirl cheesecake to me. I guess I just think if you're going ot go with a white PS it should be plain white, or perhaps bordered.

15. EFV

Chocolate swirl cheesecake sounds like an awesome PS to me :D. It's mainly white with black edges and patterns (bicycles). I never really show the edges of silk pocketsquares since I always fold them in a puff or the :foo: fold.

16. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

I was thinking that it might be awesome to some folks after I typed it. lol

17. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

18. EFV

The more vain part of me (which to be honest is quite big ;)) likes to think that our liking of these items is due to us being quite open minded individuals :lol:.

1 person likes this.
  19. Victor Elfo

Victor Elfo Senior member

Terrific outfit! I would like to say the extra room in chest, even tough you dislike it, flatters you, in my opinion. I would only revisit the pocket square choice, looks a bit too random.

2 people like this.
  20. dynajb

dynajb Member

Slowly going out of my box of just suits. So here is another combo. Hopefully I matched it up ok. Pants are navy, shoes not pictured. I'm not most excited over them. New Allen Edmonds to the rescue by end of week.[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.