• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
LL

You know I was saying I was mildly perturbed that the colour palette of my outfit yesterday irrevocably steered me to non-black shoes? Yours is another example of the kind of look (moderately formal suit, traditionally styled with a similar shirt & tie) where I can conceptually grasp why brown is chosen, but it still screams out "black shoes, black shoes!" to me. If the suit had been flannel and the tie a large-scale paisley or something like that, then I can see brown shoes working better, especially if in something like suede. I'd probably still lean towards black suede though... :)

Oh, well, that's easy then. It is flannel. :)

Side question: Did anyone get anything in the Drakes sale? I picked up a few squares but the few ties I was potentially interested in were sold out by the time I had a chance to browse. Still, the squares will be useful.

There were some wonderful choices there, but the pricing, even on sale, is steep. It seems like Drakes on sale in the States is a lot less expensive. Roughly speaking, swap out the £ for $.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, well, that's easy then. It is flannel.
smile.gif

Side question: Did anyone get anything in the Drakes sale? I picked up a few squares but the few ties I was potentially interested in were sold out by the time I had a chance to browse. Still, the squares will be useful.
There were some wonderful choices there, but the pricing, even on sale, is steep. It seems like Drakes on sale in the States is a lot less expensive. Roughly speaking, swap out the £ for $.

That's always been the rule of thumb over here, unfortunately; whatever you guys pay in dollars, we tend to pay the same number in sterling.
laugh.gif

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you guys joking? The fit looks horrible to me. I genuinely would like to know what I am missing on this one, not trying to make trouble.

What doesn't look good? Its a tasteful suit, shirt, tie, square, and shoes, put together well, and everything fits very well.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SB - thanks for the info. that tie is a winner.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Are you guys joking? The fit looks horrible to me. I genuinely would like to know what I am missing on this one, not trying to make trouble.

i cant really see the fit, and i dont generally look for fit, even in full pics, which this isnt. simply because its so hard to correctly represent in a single still shot (unless you are vox or victor). so, knowing shugz, i assume the fit is fine, and the color combination is spectacular.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sweet kicks. Who makes, and are they burgandy or dark brown?

Thanks, I'm jazzed about 'em. Peal & Co for Brooks Brothers. jrd identified the maker as Crockett & Jones. They're dark brown.

:lol: No worries, man. If you don't like it, you don't like it. What's bothering you, though? The combinatin' or you just don't like any of the pieces?

What doesn't look good? Its a tasteful suit, shirt, tie, square, and shoes, put together well, and everything fits very well.

:cheers:

SB - thanks for the info. that tie is a winner.

i cant really see the fit, and i dont generally look for fit, even in full pics, which this isnt. simply because its so hard to correctly represent in a single still shot (unless you are vox or victor). so, knowing shugz, i assume the fit is fine, and the color combination is spectacular.

:fistbump:

Last edited:

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's raining in NYC, so suit-wearing is out. I've been wearing this combo of SC and trousers for a while - it's due a visit to the dry cleaner's soon, but perhaps it's presentable enough for this thread. Please note the SF-approved touches of robo-pose, and the use of a solid brown tie.

Sports coat, trousers, shirt - BB
Tie - JAB
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Finsbury, Paris
Raincoat - Burberry
Scarf - Johnstons of Elgin
Hat - Weatherproof

Look at this playboy right here wouldja? Damn I like this one. UC, you're always so damn consistent. Looks great.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A little rumpled and wrinkled after a long day at work.

BB Golden Fleece sack suit, gray pinstripe
CEGO shirt, solid blue
Sam Hober tie
Linen PS
Allen Edmonds shoes

yes, the back of my phone is missing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads