• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

FillW

Reaction score
Here's the second vintage bespoke three-piece I picked up before the holidays. This one was made for the same guy as the grey one from a couple of days ago, but 5 years earlier, in 1960. I think he was slightly heavier then as the trousers have more room in the seat - although this could reflect an the fact that this one is from before things got a bit sharper in the early to mid-60s. In any case, I am going to have the trousers altered. But otherwise, this is also great and the fabric is again wonderful: the first picture is most accurate for colour, but close up IRL it is a rich navy/mid-blue pinpoint. Worn today with a CT Black Label shirt and an Engineered Garments bow tie. Cufflinks (in the close-ups) were made by a jewelry designer in Edinburgh from old watch parts. The braces (suspenders for those from the USA) are also vintage 1960s silk from Countess Mara.

Looks good! Nice bow-tie too!
happy.gif

FillW

Reaction score
I wanted to avoid buying any more RTW jackets, but sales have started and after going through every single jacket in my habitual department store, I ended up getting this unlined, unstructured, unpadded POW, from a pretty well known Spanish local brand (Mirto). Thought it was rather nice and fits well (needs sleeve length and sleeve opening width altered, I guess I'll post a full pic later in the afternoon).

Yeah, I like it! I might do the same (check out the sales etc.) for some casual sport coats. I want to get a brown and maybe a grey windowpane SC.

NJendrowski

Reaction score
I agree to an extent... Green Sub: Yes, too casual. However, a blue face, or platinum, gold, stainless, etc. I think would work.

NJendrowski

Reaction score
I agree to an extent... Green Sub: Yes, too casual. However, a blue face, or platinum, gold, stainless, etc. I think would work.

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really not feeling today's fit but figured I would still post to perhaps get some helpful feedback. I think the worst part is the PS which felt like it should work but seems kind of washed out and useless in the picture. I actually think this PS might have worked with yesterday's outfit. Tie is Hober grenadine, lighter color IRL, dimple is not so great :)

Edit: Bonus shoe shot:

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
actually, i like more subdued and muted PSs like that, both in color and texture, much more than the brighter ones. :)

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Finally got a camera remote.

SackSuitLover

Reaction score
Pants drape is not good, FWIW its was really windy.
Shoulder fit is not perfect, too... The problems of RTW.

The lenght of trousers is not correct. They are also too slim fit. Slim fit is barely acceptable with jeans, but with wool trousers you cannot stand it.

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The lenght of trousers is not correct. They are also too slim fit. Slim fit is barely acceptable with jeans, but with wool trousers you cannot stand it.

lol@ SlimFit & lol@ you.

Last edited:

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wanted to avoid buying any more RTW jackets, but sales have started and after going through every single jacket in my habitual department store, I ended up getting this unlined, unstructured, unpadded POW, with a set-in sleevehead (is this what they call "spalla camicia"?), from a pretty well known Spanish local brand called "Mirto". Thought it was rather nice, and fits well (needs sleeve length and sleeve tapering altered, I guess I'll post a full pic later in the afternoon).
PS is from Kent Wang.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Really not trying to be a hater here, I do generally like your stuff, but this one is just way too much for me. I would have liked it more with a more reserved shirt and tie.

Last edited:

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
this is a first for me.
s/c was my father's made by Franchesco Smalto In feb. 1990
tie was also my father's 3" lanvin Not sure when it is from
shirt is of course from CEGO a parquet twill. collar is based on a vintage shape 3.25" very soft lining
First time wearing a pair of moleskin pants from Mr. Ned.

Glasses from 10/10 optics.

Haircut next week.

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[/SPOILER]

Really not trying to be a hater here, I do generally like your stuff, but this one is just way too much for me. I would have liked it more with a more reserved shirt and tie.
It's way too much for me too. I actually left home with my navy DB blazer today. Just couldn't resist the urge to wear my new acquisition.
lol8[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads