• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

knezz

Reaction score
Happy New Years Fellows. What I wore this past Sunda]

Deets on the hat:please
Make
Model
Brim size

Thanks.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

straight from the bar stool:

fantastic vest. Love it!

Best use of a shirt monogram I've even seen.

plusfuckingone

I had some resistance too when I started bring my stuff to my tailor, but the bottom line is that you are the boss. You have to wear the clothes, not the tailor. You have to be firm and say, "Yes, I understand that you think they are long or short enough, but I don't think so, and I want them a bit shorter /longer". The tailor will adapt to your personal preferences when dealing with you. :D

my tailor still busts my balls about it. about 50% of the time when i go back to pick them up theyre still too long and i have to have him redo.
"but when you cross your legs your pants will be up to your knees!!"

oh well. one day...ONE day ill find a guy who gets me..

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fantastic vest. Love it!
plusfuckingone
my tailor still busts my balls about it. about 50% of the time when i go back to pick them up theyre still too long and i have to have him redo.
"but when you cross your legs your pants will be up to your knees!!"
oh well. one day...ONE day ill find a guy who gets me..

And he will be a very lucky man.

The wife and I took an impromptu night out last night, so I thought I'd see how my dad's old pea coat looked before I got it altered.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I had some resistance too when I started bring my stuff to my tailor, but the bottom line is that you are the boss. You have to wear the clothes, not the tailor. You have to be firm and say, "Yes, I understand that you think they are long or short enough, but I don't think so, and I want them a bit shorter /longer". The tailor will adapt to your personal preferences when dealing with you.
biggrin.gif

I like a lot of break. My tailor always gave me crap about it when I brought in jackets to be altered. Then she started hemming my pants for free. You might ask if this involves me waiting around my tailors' in boxers reading a book. And the answer is yes, yes it does. This has happened twice (but the second time I had had a pair of pants there to be altered, so I just wore those to Starbucks, had a coffee, and came back and switched them out to the pants I was wearing that day). We compromised on half break.

Also, does anybody else have a female alteration tailor? It seems a bit weird, but she's been great so far compared to my previous tailor (especially on the shoulders of a few jackets), and a number of people have confirmed that she's one of the better ones in Seoul. She is, however, slower than salvation.

Last edited:

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, does anybody else have a female alteration tailor? It seems a bit weird, but she's been great so far compared to my previous tailor (especially on the shoulders of a few jackets), and a number of people have confirmed that she's one of the better ones in Seoul.  She is, however, slower than salvation.

Where are you in Seoul and who do you use? If I need something done, I just bring it to my actual tailor.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like a lot of break. My tailor always gave me crap about it when I brought in jackets to be altered. Then she started hemming my pants for free. You might ask if this involves me waiting around my tailors' in boxers reading a book. And the answer is yes, yes it does. This has happened twice (but the second time I had had a pair of pants there to be altered, so I just wore those to Starbucks, had a coffee, and came back and switched them out to the pants I was wearing that day). We compromised on half break.
The thing is that neither a full break nor a minimal break are wrong per se, unless the break is excessive or socks are showing, of course. And depending on how wide the leg opening is, you might want more or less break. But in the end, it's all down to personal preference, and that is what the tailor should understand, instead of trying to impose what he likes...

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not happy with the lighting in the full body picture. An infrared remote is in the mail.

Trying to get comfortable with cuffing the occasional trouser. The crease is tilting a bit as I lean over to use the camera.

Last edited:

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Also, does anybody else have a female alteration tailor? It seems a bit weird, but she's been great so far compared to my previous tailor (especially on the shoulders of a few jackets), and a number of people have confirmed that she's one of the better ones in Seoul.  She is, however, slower than salvation.

My alterations tailor is a Vietnamese lady and she's excellent, does what I ask and always prompt. She happens to be both good natured and gorgeous too which is an added bonus! I haven't yet broached the subject of sitting in her shop in me undercrackers while she works on me strides, not sure my missus would approve!

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that shirt light blue or white? The pale pink with the grey is fantastic.
One day I will have trousers that fit that well.

White

I like the concept but I would have gone with a more subdued tie. Perhaps an eggplant or wine color. On the other hand, I've never been able to reconcile the British love for pink ties. ;)

I tried that but i felt that the suit really overpowered a more subdued tie and then it tended to look rather old fashioned as well. It looks good with a sky blue tie as well. These pale grey suits are quite trendy now but do only look really good with a few shirt tie combinations I think. If you get it wrong the look is rather weak think Nixon vs Kennedy or it actually looks rather cheap.

Cloth is 16 oz by the way, very warm.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First day back at work and it's going to be 36 degrees (98F)......

First time wearing a coat in 2 weeks, feeling xmas around the waist.

Coat: Herringbone
Shirt: Henry Carter
Tie: Henry Carter printed silk 7 fold
PS: Henry Carter Irish linen (coming soon)
Trousers: MBT blue cotton/linen
Shoes: Herring Reading

Jhors2

Reaction score
^^^ I love that cloth on the jacket and the shirt collar. Who made the jacket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads