1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

2. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

My dad's a solar physicist. He generally wears black, gold toed socks with birkenstocks to work.

3. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

You have my condolences.

4. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I like those Hermes knit ties.

5. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

I do have that tie though. I wore it on my last vacation. Note: The wind did that to my tie. I was standing next to a waterfall.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  6. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

I actually pushed the sleeves back up into the jacket for the photo. I just measured and there's about 1.25 inches of cuff showing IRL. A bit much no? I'd prefer no more than a 1/2 inch. Someone mentioned that the sleeves on my jacket were too short. What do you think?

7. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Possibly sleeves are a bit short, which could be partly attributed to your fondness for cotton jackets which wrinkle more in the sleeves (and don't tend to drop wrinkles easy) and then get a bit shorter. So generally cotton and linen coats need to be a bit longer in the sleeves to account for that.

In saying that the Kamakura NY slim fit are very long in the sleeves even for me at 6 foot 2, the solution is just get them taken up a bit (or move the button like you are thinking). We take trousers up all the time to get to the right length, and shirt sleeves shouldn't be any different for off the rack shirts.

8. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

I've been trying to persuade you to smile in your pictures for months Choc. At least now we know what it takes to make this happen. :D

1 person likes this.
  9. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Crushing it per uze. Love the frames.

2 people like this.
  10. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

Thanks guys..you know I try laniceman..but the moment was just hilarious to me.. I work in one of the more conservative working districts in the most conservative city in Cali.. so to see that brought a tear to my eye, lol..the meeting went well..just got out of it.. and while it did get serious, I caught him a few times just out there not being in the room.. it made me chuckle a few times in the meeting, lol

11. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

@choc: fantastic, amigo!

1 person likes this.
  12. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

A mate of mine, very serious, straight up married medical guy, got caught coming in to work early and shagging the x ray tech over the table in the imaging room. Every time I think about that it makes me smile. Al? Naaah! Are you sure? Not Al? It couldn't be! Al? Really?:D

1 person likes this.
  13. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

Haha, it more or less takes me back to my college days..that's what made me laugh more..as an athlete in a popular sport for a big school, you are privy to seeing crazy things like this..it was just so funny to see it while taking pictures..were you the one that caught your guy shagging the x ray tech or someone else?

Thanks Bete!

14. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

forgive me but what is the most conservative city in Cali? it's somewhat of an oxymoron no?

15. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

yea until you are driving down the highway into the city and you see a bill board for Rush Limbaugh's radio show and where to tune in to listen.. or people driving around with tea party stickers.. oh and I have spotted one or two homes with confederate flags hanging out front. A city that being a liberal is whispered not spoken out loud.. what city is that in California gents? FRESNO..intensely dislike this God Forsaken place, lol..

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  16. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

F*kin A that's science hardcore.

17. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

No it wasn't me who caught him. Id long since left that job but remained good friends with him and his supervisor. He only kept his job cos the janitor who busted in on them claimed he didn't see/recognize him, but the tech lost her job. The managing doctor was a bit of a good ol boy and when he found out just said 'what was he thinking? ... She ain't even that cute!'

18. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

wow Choc thanks... I really didn't know that. I grew up in southern Ohio and I've seen Confederate flags there and in Kentucky for sure but didn't know that bullshit was here in Cali. Sorry to hear that. But I love that suit and you look great so keep rocking on and if you're ever in LA maybe your colleague's friend can take us to lunch! :happy:

19. coxaca

coxaca Senior member

I know an American physicist working in Shanghai who wears horn-rimmed spectacles and has a buzz cut.

This makes him look like a cross between William Shockley And Bill Evans.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I suspect it's a very deliberate style choice.

20. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

yea Ill def hit you up when Im in L.A...Im there usually once a quarter for meetings..but I cant vouch for my colleague's friend. My wife might not agree, lol

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.