1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. table21

table21 Senior member

[​IMG]

Shirt - Barba
    Blazer - RLBL
    Belt - Martin Dingmon
    Pants - PRL
    Shoes - Meermin

2 people like this.
  3. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

[​IMG]

4. DonCologne

DonCologne Senior member

I think the ritz charlton motto "We are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen" is what a very good hotel distinguishes from a mediocre one. So it´s better to dress like a gentleman and not like a clown.

2 people like this.
  5. specialk0449

specialk0449 Active Member

Yjeezle, Cheap shot directed at DC. No class!!

1 person likes this.
  6. pinkpanther

pinkpanther Senior member

+1 - if this was meant as a joke, it was a poor one. If it wasn't meant as a joke, then it's even worse.

7. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

you mad bro? chills it was a joke

EDIT: and I'm going to nip this in the bud right here.

apparently, I wandered into the no-fun zone all of a sudden here...

On the previous page there were speculations about DC being a hitman and an enforcer.
    obviously more noble professions & SF-approved than a theater usher (/sarcasm)

I don't know how you might have taken it, but this was a mere post on what jobs require a DB suit at night not on how he is dressed, which is very sharp in my opinion.

In any case, DC if you happen to read this, it was just a "for fun" post and if you are offended I'm sorry

2 people like this.
  8. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

thanks, ich!

long story short, i bought the hat from H&M as a gag, with my brother, maybe 4 years ago. we also bought bow ties and donned sun glasses. then we walked around teh mall watching people react to our get ups. iirc we had on super tight shoes, too. fun times.

that being said, i have no particular affinity for the hat, and i only dig it up from time to time, just for fun.

i rarely shop B&M these days.

9. coxaca

coxaca Senior member

Oddly enough, I just happened to watch for the first time the other evening, an old movie from 1973 "The Night Porter".

Very interesting film with a strong plot and incredible performances from Dirk Bogarde and Charlotte Rampling. Unfortunately it went terribly flaccid in the third act, becoming almost unbearably dull at times. Which was a shame, because the first and second acts were riveting. The movie is essentially Italian (direction, financing, cast etc all Italian), but set in Vienna and with dialogue in English. There's a Nazi subplot, but it's incidental to the core themes of the movie, which are deeply personal.

10. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

I suppose I can't just wear gray pants all the time. [​IMG]

12 people like this.
  11. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Clags
    You got the juice now

1 person likes this.
  12. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

Like that a lot, Claghorn, but the gap between the bottom of the pocket and the bottom of the jacket throws off my sense of zen. Ever think about flapped patch pockets? If you had the top of the flap even with the bottom button, the pocket would be set lower, closing that gap. Also, I like flapped patch pockets...

13. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

The next jacket I have made, I'll have the second button set about a centimeter lower and the pockets lowered accordingly. The jacket has fairly closed quarters, so you generally won't see shirt unless my hands are in my pockets (which admittedly, they are fairly often [​IMG])

14. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Thats nice Claghorn ^^

Drakes tie and wool-silk square + BB District check

Demeter-Halmos Norwegers in Freudenberg calf, Goiserer sewn welt. This small Austro-Hungarian maker is no longer trading, but perhaps the father and son team make for Vass now- shame they closed because their styles were pretty authentic A-H.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
    5 people like this.
  15. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

That is very nice, Pliny. How do you feel about wearing what seems to be a paisley madder in summer? Madders are my favourite ties but I think I'd feel a bit unseasonal wearing one here... maybe weather is a bit more autumnal where you live?

16. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Cheers Diaz, its Winter here in the southern hemi, but still pretty mild. The District Check im wearing it with is originally a tweed design, and the madder's colors go nicely IMO altho this is really a worsted.
    fantastic linen fit the other day BTW

17. TimH

TimH Senior member

Looks very good on you - nice fit and the tie is a beauty.

3 people like this.
  18. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

From yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Thanks, and I didn't know you were in the southern hemisphere... makes a lot more sense now [​IMG]

If I can finally go bespoke this year (don't know if I will have enough money after two holiday trips) I want my first commission to be a district check like that - shades of tan with a faint light blue overcheck, in either worsted or tweed. Looks very nice. I remember mafoofan wearing something similar.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.